Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRedo
CTA

High dose tripping essentials
    #2771071 - 06/07/04 10:39 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If your ever considering delving into the world of a high dose trip, or want to do it again, here a few essentials to make sure you can come out with sigh of relief it it all goes bad.

1) Sedatives/Tranqulizers - If you have the gall to do a big dose like a quarter of shrooms or more, your heartrate and blood pressure can go out of control, and you also get overheated and your mind will race fast fast fast. This can lead to a very bad trip that is sustained for hours, which nobody ever wants. If this happens you can take a sedative or tranq to mellow the trip. And a low dose wont work, the higher the therapudic dose the better. It really is the biggest difference between hating tripping for the rest of your life and coming out with greater understanding at the end. (barbs and benzos are the best, alcohol to be avoidid at all costs to 'abort' a trip. Dont try to injest something that you think may work, you need something that will work)

2) The instant you start walking around your heartrate picks up, and you begin to get hot. Avoid wearing heavy clothes when starting to wonder, this can turn a trip bad instantly (its hard to tell when your overheating)

3) I recommend tripping alone at these high doses, the second something dosent go your way with another person can be a bad time.

Well, im sure theres more but thats all I can think of now, any more suggestions?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
Re: High dose tripping essentials [Re: Redo]
    #2771080 - 06/07/04 10:44 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well, the overheating has never really been a problem for me.
U are right about friends, the heroic doses of mushrooms are best experienced alone, in your room during darkness. The show will be in your head anyway.

However, I don't think it is a good idea to use tranquilizers during a trip, it is always best to let go, and not use chemical weapons against your brain, like the commercial tranquilizers  :thumbdown:, so to say, I hate those things .

OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: High dose tripping essentials [Re: gotmagog]
    #2771158 - 06/07/04 11:25 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

When a trip is going out of control, you need to calm it down. Bad trips can last for a long duration, especially on high doses.

Also, I would say never do a high dose trip without testing the potency first, thats a real biggie.

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
    #2771177 - 06/07/04 11:35 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

the only only essential i need is weed

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#2771180 - 06/07/04 11:37 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I agree with gotmagog. Do you use chemical copouts to deal with every stressful situation in your life, or just the psychadelic ones?

It's my view that if you choose to eat a dose of mushrooms, you should ride out the experience, heaven and hell. What's the value in having an experience if you're just going to abort it when things get a little rough?

OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: High dose tripping essentials [Re: Viveka]
    #2771237 - 06/07/04 12:07 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Because a little rough could be an hour of super high heart rate and the feeling of going to die. Its always better to know if you have a way out, sedatives or tranqs wont kill the trip completly, and you still can be having a bad trip after you take them, but its alot better. Overwhelming heat and super hard fast heart beats for an extending period of time will send anybody nuts, and sometimes theres no comming off a bad trip. Things just are going to fast and your body is overloaded.

Offlinecherokee
tennis shoes
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nationwide Flag
    #2771572 - 06/07/04 01:58 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've never had a bad trip, it's all about preperation. I'm not saying I'll never have a "bad" trip, but as long as I'm prepared I don't think its likely.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2771596 - 06/07/04 02:02 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

> 1) Sedatives/Tranqulizers
> 3) I recommend tripping alone at these high doses
> any more suggestions

If you are doing such a massive dosage that you might need sedatives, then you damn well better have a trip sitter there to decide if and when you need to take them.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: High dose tripping essentials [Re: Seuss]
    #2771687 - 06/07/04 02:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

sitter may do more damage then good, delving into big doses is dangerous, and these steps #1, make you feel more secure, and two, will maximize the ability for a smooth trip. You dont have to take the sedatives... its just there in case, and believe me, they help in case.

And im not saying take them on the first glimpse of a bad trip, most all trips are controllable. Sometimes the body load is too high, thats when the seds are necessary.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Seuss]
    #2771691 - 06/07/04 02:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: High dose tripping essentials [Re: ]
    #2771735 - 06/07/04 02:59 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I guess that nobody thinks of a possible bad trip ever. Sounds kinda oblivious to me, because it happens. Its like having adrenaline or some anti-drug acting agent in a drug house in case somebody OD's. Too many bad trips result in ambulance calls that lead to family finding out, loosing respect, etc. This can all be avoided very simply.

OfflineMisfitsRuled

#2772059 - 06/07/04 04:57 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

yeah it can be avoided by doseing responsibly IMO!!

:rolleyes:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2772160 - 06/07/04 05:27 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

you don't need tranqs when shrooming, that's like saying your expecting to have a bad time, no, I strongly disagree with you if your taking high doses you need to ride them out. They aren't going to kill you, trust me.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinenickelpenny
journeyman
Re: High dose tripping essentials [Re: gdman]
    #2773096 - 06/07/04 10:59 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

yea if you have a horrible trip and you feel like your going to die and you wished that you hadnt dosed so much!....you reap what you sew.

Ride it out.

But i can see how having tranqs near can help you have a light in a bad trip..but i dont see the need for it. Just have a close friend who in the past has dosed as much and tripped as hard and is as intelligent as you are(now thats a light in a bad trip)to know when to call an ambulance.

Because if he/she is just a mindless never really tripped in my life kinda sitter..i could see how they would call an ambulance when you go bizzerk.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: High dose tripping essentials [Re: nickelpenny]
    #2773160 - 06/07/04 11:13 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

yeah I hate sober people while tripping, especilly people who never tripped, I hate them.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

Re: High dose tripping essentials [Re: gdman]
    #2773335 - 06/07/04 11:57 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

yeah I hate sober people while tripping, especilly people who never tripped, I hate them.

hahahaha yeah... I could see it now....

"..why do you trip? It's bad for you. Like it's illegal and causes brain damage ya know? Yeah and like it gives you bad trips like last forever and stuff and who wants to go crazy forever? LIke, one time my cousins friend's dogs sister had a bad trip and had to go into the hospital.... so have fun making your brain bleed too. Druggy......."

Edited by 0xYg3n (06/07/04 11:58 PM)

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #2773384 - 06/08/04 12:21 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I completely agree about having a way to abort a bad trip... not only could this save you a horrid time which I'm sure no one wants...its easy to sit here and say its best to endure it and shit but when your in the middle of a bad trip you want anything that will end the horror...also I think just having tranqs will put your mind at ease knowing that if anything goes wrong you can abort which will increase the chances of having a good trip since your not worrying about it going bad...good tips redo

OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: High dose tripping essentials [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #2773949 - 06/08/04 07:12 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

^^ :smile:

Also, remember when I say abort it dosent end the trip, it merely lowers your heart rate, blood pressure, and relaxes you. It also directly effects the function of psychedelics, making you trip lighter then you were experiencing.

I just feel like its best to plan for this, some trips you cant just ride out. Like walrus said, while you experiencing a long long trip thats just going bad (hours and hours) youll be wishing you had some way to stop it.

OfflineRedo
CTA

#2773952 - 06/08/04 07:12 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Also remember, these are smaller doses, when stuff goes wrong on big dosing it goes very very wrong.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#2774346 - 06/08/04 11:50 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

you reap what you sow my man, if your trip gose south you ride it out. Don't abort them, if you choose to trip you should roll with it, if you do not wish to face the good and the bad, maybe you should take a look at why you want to trip and change your drugs of choice.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience