Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
FAQ 6. What size dose should I take?
    #2974588 - 08/07/04 02:35 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It really doesn't belong in this forum, but this question belongs in the Tripper's FAQ... 'cause it is asked all the time, and it has a lot to do with tripping.

6. What size dose should I take? Is dosage the same for first time trippers and experienced trippers?

Same as question #1 but different question.

I plan on repeating the Shroomery's suggested dosage guidelines and showing the 5 LVL's of tripping. I would also, like to describe Terrance McKenna's 5g sensory deprivation trip.

What is the suggested dosage for a first time tripper (I suggest 1.5-2g of cubensis)?

Any thoughts? What else should be covered in this essay?

Links?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerock_ten
Re: FAQ ?#2 What size dose should I take? [Re: Rose]
    #2974680 - 08/07/04 04:04 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think it would be important to emphasise that everyone will respond differently to a certain dose, and that psiloc(yb)in concentrations vary between mushrooms.

The only way to recommend a first-time dose would be, as is already offered, to describe the effects of certain doses. However, i feel that the dosage calculator estimates too low. It depends what the user wants the trip to be like for the first time, so I think its not good to just say "take xx grams".

--Joe

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: FAQ ?#2 What size dose should I take? [Re: rock_ten]
    #2974732 - 08/07/04 05:04 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

you can describve effects but you really can't imagine what it's really like. level 3 is described like this:

Quote:

Very obvious visuals, everything looking curved and/or warped patterns and kaleidoscopes seen on walls, faces etc. Some mild hallucinations such as rivers flowing in wood grained or "mother of pearl" surfaces. Closed eye hallucinations become 3 dimensional. There is some confusion of the senses (i.e. seeing sounds as colors, etcetera). Time distortions and "moments of eternity".

well that sounds nice doesn't it? but what you really can't tell from this is how intense it is and that you can have loss of reality etc etc.

so I suggest 1.5-2g too for first time shroomers

They have probably already read what effects there are anyway so no need really to point that out unless they ask

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #2977461 - 08/08/04 03:16 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I kind of think sometimes though, to truly appreciate what the mushroom experience is about, sometimes it is best to dive in the deep end instead of just slowly wading out to it.

But of course, not everyone can do this. I took 4 grams for my first experience and I have to say, it was the perfect amount. I got overwhelmed and was scared for awhile(the comeup especially), but it was totally worth it.

To be honest, something I find very unusual, it wasn't until the lower doses that I started feeling really messed up. I also didn't hallucinate very much until I started experimenting with lower doses. High dose trips were more in the head than anything for me.

I suggest 3 dried grams of potent shrooms for the SMART AND PREPARED 1st time tripper.

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #2983153 - 08/09/04 06:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm unsure of te weight of doses as I just pick my own and go by numbers.

--------------------
Light & Music

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Re: FAQ ?#2 What size dose should I take? [Re: DestruKtiKon]
    #2983166 - 08/09/04 06:56 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

how much would this weigh? around 100 shooms, wet, caps are beteween 5-8 cm in diameter

--------------------
Light & Music

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ ?#2 What size dose should I take? [Re: DestruKtiKon]
    #2984475 - 08/10/04 01:24 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hell, that's much moRe than a trip... that's dinner!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #2986094 - 08/10/04 01:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"I kind of think sometimes though, to truly appreciate what the mushroom experience is about, sometimes it is best to dive in the deep end instead of just slowly wading out to it."

I agree.  My first time was a very small amount.  I'd guess around 1 to 1.5 g's.  It was fun because it was my first time, but I also knew that some much more could happen.  After having tripped about 35 times now, I'd agree with Terence McKenna in the fact that he thought tripping should be done rarely and at high doses.  I immediately went big after my first time.  My second time was between 4&5 and it was simply amazing.  And I refuse to trip at high doses with other people around, even close friends.  When I go big dose, I want to do whatever I want, whenever.

A quote from McKenna that I've always liked and applied it to mushrooms as well, some lady asked him if theres anything to be afriad of, of the DMT experience, and he said "no, unless you fear death by astonishment."  I think its great to apply it to mushrooms as well because for me, on high doses, I've been astonished more times than I count and continue to be astonished everytime I do trip.  And I've only had one bad trip.  I'd say thats pretty good.

So for the first time, I guess I'd say start low, get an experience of the bodily symptoms, and then go big and go deep.  And at any time you feel scared, don't worry, everybody does, even if they don't want to admit it.  I get scared every single time.  Then I put on some music or just walk through the trees and remember that not everyone gets to experience a trip and even a smaller number of people get to trip many times, so feel lucky and fortunate.  And have a great time.

Okay, I'm done. :smile:

McKennaDMT

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

#2986589 - 08/10/04 03:05 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I realise its more than a trip :shiftyeyes: , I was just wanting to get an idea on weight.

--------------------
Light & Music

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#2989543 - 08/11/04 02:10 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/12195
Shroom Dosage Calculator!!!

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/11
Level Descriptions and Trip Reports!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

#2989612 - 08/11/04 02:31 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

cool, thanks :smile:

--------------------
Light & Music

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 6. What size dose should I take? [Re: DestruKtiKon]
    #3447893 - 12/04/04 10:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

6. What size dose should I take? Is dosage the same for first time trippers and experienced trippers?

There's the answer s far. Thanks BlinkIdiot and Anno for helping me with the answer.

Any comments anyone?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineKracker
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: midwest us
    #3450107 - 12/05/04 01:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I always start with 1/8th.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 6. What size dose should I take? [Re: Kracker]
    #3450375 - 12/05/04 02:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I suggest no more than 1.5g for FIRST TIME TRIPPERS.

Here's what WiccanSeeker has to say in this thread:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3418807/an/0/page/0

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
By no means did I want to come down harshly on high doses of mushrooms. They most certainly have their place. But, a trend I see is that most high-dosers trip high-dose only because it allows them to elude confrontation. These people are quite happy on higher doses but would feel very uncomfortable on low doses because a low dose doesn't tend to take you *AWAY* like a high dose can.

With a high dose many can flee into *un*spiritual realms whereas on a low dose you tend to be cast onto yourself. When on a high dose Spirituality/Profundity cannot be ignored anymore, it often comes in the form of a bad trip.

In the land of one-eighths and one-fourths I am the ambassador for the Low Dose. All of you, listen very carefully:

On a low dose you often get nagging uncomfortable feelings. These are not caused by insufficient dosage, but by your resistance against the flow of the Life Force and resistance against the way of the world. If you learn how to feel at peace with low, non-overwhelming doses you learn how to find higher peace with your Self and the Universe at large.
And many, far too many are not really present in THIS world, so it is pointless and even dangerous to have them exploring/fleeing into ANOTHER world.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale