Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineZackWyldeFan
Stranger

haubanaro recipes?
    #6357459 - 12/11/06 11:40 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

well I just got ahold of some good haubs, but dont have the faintess idea on what to cook them with. im looking a recipe that isnt hot sauce, all are welcome.

thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

Re: haubanaro recipes? [Re: ZackWyldeFan]
    #6358548 - 12/11/06 05:46 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

google is your friend.
Shrimp Herradura Aqejo Recipe
  Cajun Seafood

Ingredients:
4 fluid ounces of Herradura Aqejo tequila (or Cuervo 1800, El Patron, Tres Generaciones, or any good aged tequila)
Juice of 4 large limes
Small bunch of cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
Zest from two oranges or tangerines
1 or 2 dried habanero chiles, crushed
1 tablespoon brown sugar, honey or some other sweetener
3 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
Onions, cut into chunks
Whole cloves garlic, peeled
Orange sections
Lime sections
Other citrus, sectioned, if desired

Directions:
Combine the first 7 ingredients and marinate the shrimp for a few hours. After marinating the shrimp, skewer with onions and cloves of garlic, chunks of oranges, limes and/or other citrus. Barbeque quickly on hot grill until shrimp turn pink and curl slightly.

Serves 6.
this sounds good as hell. :cool:

OfflinePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The bottom of the sea.
Re: haubanaro recipes? [Re: rod]
    #6358705 - 12/11/06 06:20 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

This really tasty... I've only made it using chicken breasts, grilled but I bet the way the recipe says is good too. I don't remember where I got this one, but I think its from a magazine or something.

Jerk Chicken

Serves 8

3 fresh Scotch bonnet or habanero chiles, seeded and finely chopped
1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
8 scallions, coarsely chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed with the flat side of a large knife
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme (about 1 bunch)
1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
2 tablespoons ground allspice
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup fresh lime juice (2 to 3 limes), plus lime wedges for serving
1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus more for brushing grill
Freshly ground pepper
2 whole chickens (about 5 pounds each), cut into 8 pieces each, or 16 drumsticks and thighs, rinsed well and patted dry

1. Make jerk marinade: Process chiles, onion, scallions, garlic, and thyme in a food processor until mixture forms a coarse paste. Add brown sugar, allspice, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, and oil; season with pepper. Process until smooth. Marinade can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 day before proceeding.

2. Transfer 1/3 of the marinade (about 1 cup) to a small bowl; set aside to use for brushing chicken. Transfer remaining marinade to a large bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat, rubbing marinade under the skin and all over chicken. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight. Allow the chicken to come to room temperature before grilling.

3. Heat a grill to low (if using a charcoal grill, coals are ready when you can hold your hand 5 inches above grate for 7 seconds). Brush grate lightly with oil. Place chicken on grill, skin sides down. Discard used marinade. Grill chicken, brushing occasionally with reserved cup of fresh marinade, until the skin sides are well browned but not charred, about 25 minutes. Turn chicken, and continue to cook, basting it occasionally, until cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Cut chicken breast halves into 2 or 3 pieces, if desired. Serve with lime wedges. ,

4. Variation: Alternatively, preheat oven to 350°. Lightly oil a 10-inch cast iron skillet; place skillet over medium-low heat. Add about 5 pieces of chicken to skillet, skin sides down. (Be careful not to overcrowd the skillet.) Discard used marinade. Cook, brushing occasionally with reserved cup fresh marinade and turning, until well browned on all sides, about 30 minutes. Transfer chicken to a baking dish; set aside. Wipe out skillet. Brush skillet with more oil, and cook remaining chicken in 2 more batches, transferring cooked chicken to the baking dish. Brush chicken generously with more marinade, and transfer to oven. Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.

--------------------
PC's LAGM 2021 (TOC & TWC)
P. natalensis Growlog 2021
Pans for PC Fall 2021 Growlog

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom