Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
Ego loss on 3.5grams?
    #625632 - 05/03/02 10:47 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I was just reading The Psychedelic Experience on erowid and realised than on my first medium-dose trip about two months ago I actually experienced ego-loss. Is this within the realms of normal for a 3.5gram trip - or do I want to do a higher dose to achieve similar effects with greater ease? I realise that it's all to do with your mind-set and how you approach the experience, but would more shrooms be beneficial?

Edited by _JJ_ (05/03/02 10:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: Ego loss on 3.5grams? [Re: _JJ_]
    #625636 - 05/03/02 10:55 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

more shrooms = beneficial

Anonymous

Re: Ego loss on 3.5grams? [Re: infidelGOD]
    #625643 - 05/03/02 11:11 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

more shrooms = sometimes terrible

Each person reacts differently. I have a very high tolerance, on one occasion I was merely seeing visual enhancement whereas a friend was freaking out and needed some serious on-the-spot counseling. I had about 1 1/2 of the amount he did and I talked him through it.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#625658 - 05/03/02 11:27 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Some people can eat as many shrooms as they want and never experiance "ego-loss". Shrooms simply help to guide you. I have experianced complete and utter "ego-loss" with merely 2 dried grams and I have taken 6-8 gram doses before and just "tripped" with no other changes in conciousness.

--------------------
:egyptian:

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Re: Ego loss on 3.5grams? [Re: Catalysis]
    #625668 - 05/03/02 11:51 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

hmm.. okay.. let me rephrase then.. considering a proper mindset and proper setting what would an ideal dose be for ego-loss? I have experienced a 'higher level' pretty much every time I did anything more than 3.5grams.. but that 'higher level' isn't ego loss.. or is it?
I find the concept somewhat confusing. What do you call the state where you feel more aware than normal? Like when you feel sharp as an arrow - words flow so smoothly.. anything you think about you can make an informed and calculated comment on with minimal effort. The state at which the sound of a passing of a car in the distance seemse like a moment of eternity. You feel dreamy, yet aware, everything is puffy and soft.. you are indecisive yet eloquent.. sorry for the waffling, I'm just trying to describe the state.. Last time, when I had 2.5grams with 3grams syrian rue, I was in that mental state for about 6 hours. And then it suddenly left me.
If anyone can shed any light as to what that is called that'd be really cool. Thanks :smile:

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#625672 - 05/03/02 11:59 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Those things you described are the usual effects of shrooms. I would not call it ego-loss. As for dosage to reach level-5/ego-loss, it depends on your weight and your individual tolerance. Hope you get there.

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
    #625686 - 05/03/02 12:12 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Ya what I was describing was different from my first experience with 3.5grams. Thanks for that - I just wanted to clarify.
My first experience started with me lying there and conciously letting go.. I saw a vision of my heart beating.. extremely vivid, then I travelled inside my head and saw a light in the centre of a black sphere. It was truly amazing. I then opened my eyes and saw spirits on the roof. There were geometric shapes everywhere.. the spirits spoke silent words and then there was a second voice inside my head. It felt like my brain was talking to me. I then had a feeling of extreme enlightenment.. a glowing energy throughout me. I proceeded to make like 50 realisations in the space of what seemed like 10 minutes. That, from what I have read, is an after-effect of ego loss - yes?

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #625704 - 05/03/02 12:29 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

hmmm... not necesarrily... what i can tell from that description is that you saw your inner light (center of the black sphere)... you saw your divine source...

--------------------

OfflineSofaJesus
journeyman
    #625709 - 05/03/02 12:48 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

JJ you asked---- hmm.. okay.. let me rephrase then.. considering a proper mindset and proper setting what would an ideal dose be for ego-loss?

You said it all right there with proper mindset and enviornment. I think it's whatever you want. I've found as long as you put something in your system you can take it many places.

I don't think half an 1/8th of shrooms is enough - but I think a full 1/8th will get you anywhere you wanna go.....2 or 3 good hits of acid seems to be fine...

It's how you think about it -- and what your mood is at the time -- If you feel like discovering something it is not just about what you ingest, it's they way you go about it. I think the true goal is finding you way to these different states without even having to ingest things like shrooms and acid....and that just takes trusting in yourself...

--------------------
"...and to the left where up is down now stand a zebra made of shapes of me and silver and the sun so bring no guilt with you up above the flatline let's just hit the sky exploding into one." [ HUM ]

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #625714 - 05/03/02 12:52 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I call that heighten state of awareness, and is a really good feeling, but ego loss is very hard to describe with words, you may want to check, the general question forum, there is a similar post there.
I also use rue, do you find that the trip is better and smoother with it?
I do :smile:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum1&Number=622586&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart= 

--------------------

Anonymous

#625926 - 05/03/02 05:46 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

To quote Mckenna: 5 dried grams in silent darkness

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Ego loss on 3.5grams? [Re: ]
    #625942 - 05/03/02 06:14 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

SET AND SETTING SET AND SETTING

I've had them on 1.5g, 2.75g, and 3.0g.
On 3.5g... I went to Disney World- no ego loss... but it made that shitty place WAY better (I actually had more fun standing in lines looking at people). Seriously though, set and setting have more to do with it than the drug (the drug will give you the option, but you have to go there... I'm not just being a cock). Now, super high doses or DMT is a different story altogether. But I've found that when you are willing to lose it on lower dosages, the experience is easier to remember and learn from.

On the 2.5, I was sucked into the clouds and became a three dimensional, multicolored (strobing different colors) die with weird glyphs on the faces. Then a school of dolphins brought me back to reality as they squeeked their way past the beach I was at (the school of dolphins was real).

On the 3.0, words cannot describe all of it... but I became nothing... then I came back.... then I went with the wave of nothingness again... This cycle repeated for about an hour. On this occasion, I was in a dimly lit camper at night in an RV park in the Florida Keys- set and setting.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Re: Ego loss on 3.5grams? [Re: Sclorch]
    #625970 - 05/03/02 06:46 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

JJ,
Here is a guaranteed recipe for complete ego dissolution:

150 mg Salvia 5x extract.    :smile:

Anonymous

#625974 - 05/03/02 06:50 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Don't forget the seatbelt and shoulder harness...

OfflineMentalHygene
otherworldly

Loc: Somewhere...Under the rai...
Re: Ego loss on 3.5grams? [Re: ]
    #625997 - 05/03/02 07:18 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

One thing that I have never received a solid answere on:
Does body weight have any effect when contemplating a dose? I have never figured it into any previous trips. Any help would be appreciated.

--------------------
"WHATS THE USE OF AUTONOMY WHEN A BUTTON DOES IT ALL?"

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Ego loss on 3.5grams? [Re: MentalHygene]
    #626007 - 05/03/02 07:28 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Does body weight have any effect when contemplating a dose?

Yes and no. It's more like: how many mg of psilocybin per kilogram of body weight should I take?

I really don't know, see Tihkal.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag