Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Spiritual/Philosophical Implications of Ego-Loss/Ego-Death
    #2569068 - 04/16/04 06:38 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I've been thinking lately about just what this suggests - the fact that the Ego can be dissolved or "killed" entirely yet there is still an existence beyond.

If, after the conscious mind and the Ego are removed there still is an "existence"...does this mean that there is, truely, something "beyond" our everyday existence?

This is still a very preliminary idea of mine that I'm working on, so if anyone needs a better explanation of what I'm getting at just ask and I'll see what I can do :smile:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Spiritual/Philosophical Implications of Ego-Loss/Ego-Death [Re: trendal]
    #2569103 - 04/16/04 06:50 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

You mean like how many people report after being pronounced legally 'dead' and then being brought back to life, remembering things, and being able to say exact details about what people were doing in the room, specific information that they could have never known had there been no consciousness after death???

Well I am not sure what this suggests, the 'logical' answer would be yes, there is some sort of 'life' after 'death' but in reality life and death are only parts of the polarities our 'spirits' experience. The realm beyond this pysical, ego driven mad house of negativity that I sometimes find myself in,  there is a place of existence on another vibration then the present. I have no proof though. :nonono:

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2569124 - 04/16/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

sweet!

For me, the most important aspect of ego-loss is it showed me that our ego is not out essential nature.  We have something deeper within each of us.  The reason I said this because it didn't matter whether it was shrooms or salvia, I still had one thing, my awareness.  I was aware of htings happening and I knew "things" were "happening" just didn't know what at the time :wink:

Essence is that which is unchangeable.  our true nature.  Everything else that was "me" was gone.  I noticed before I experienced ego-loss, I thought my personality was me.  now that may sound strange, but what I really mean is that I identified with my image and the things around me.

with ego loss I realized that my personality wasn't me at all, it what I thought I was.  What I am getting at is that when you know that your essential nature is awareness, not personality, your ego can relax more and more because it won't be defending the personality.  I used to say things like "you can't say that to me.." and now I see how wasteful of my energy that was. 

When you identify with the personality as your actual essential nature, your ego will constantly be guarding and manipulating.  Guarding the things that you do or have done that might be threatened, and manipulating the world around you so that it fits what you think is the "way it should be."  When in life, we all know, you will win some, and you will lose some.  and therefore it is ridiculous to rely on the exterior world to providey ou with happiness.

when you feel that your essence is awareness, you can sit back in a deep place within yourself and just observe what is going on.  the more your ego relaxes, the more your awareness increases, because you are using more thoughts to see what's going on in the present. 

what I mean by awareness is this...

close your eyes for a minute.......notice what you "pick up"

do it......

what I normally notice is that I pick up sounds more.

now think of what would happen if you were in a place devoid of sound and sight.  you would pick up on sensations on your body.  the mind to me is comparable to an antennae. 

now this is not to say that the ego is bad, no no!  We need it to function properly.  but when you lose it, you gain a new perspective that you might not have had before.  soon it won't be your ego using you to try to change your surroundings to fit your desires, but rather you using your ego to understand what makes you mad, and therefore showing you what you need to work on so that if the same thing happens again, you won't be as angry or upset. 

this builds acceptence, and more awareness. if you can see your personality for what it is, jsut a tool then you can use it.  when in ego loss you realize a new perspetice which means, if I feel this one minute, and then another the next, which one is "correct" maybe this "space" can be experienced any way you want to experience it.

if our essential nature is awareness, then we are all essentially the same. In this way, acceptence of each other is easier, and therefore communication will also be upped a notch. 

Suffering can be used to provide you with "clues" as to what you need to do in order to be relaxed in 90% of the situations life brings to you. We as a society get angry too much

say your tire blows out...you can get mad and curse the poeple who sold you the tires, and the weather, and the guy who threw the nail, but after al is said and done...you still have a flat tire.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: Spiritual/Philosophical Implications of Ego-Loss/Ego-Death [Re: kaiowas]
    #2569133 - 04/16/04 07:07 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

use your ego to create your own reality :grin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #2569204 - 04/16/04 07:38 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

what is ego? what is that awarenwss?
they are the same thing. they are just different chemical states.
they are both the experience of the individual.
In different states.
The percieved local self may fade, flutter, harden and stutter util death, but the just as personal part one experiences when flying does that remain?
For me it's about striking up a friendship. When I have what people call egoless states I don't think in that way. It's the same me experiencing things and that me is a binding of self and other like good pals.
Sure, sometimes we have blues, but we're good buddies none the less. Well we need each other and we are one.
Philisophically all we can do is enjoy.
and muse

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Spiritual/Philosophical Implications of Ego-Loss/Ego-Death [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2569232 - 04/16/04 07:49 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

No, I'm not really talking about NDE's at all here. My experience comes from Ego-loss experienced on certain psychedelic drugs (salvia being the most intense).

After my Ego was gone (and it was quite gone :wink: ) "I" still existed. That leads me to think that "I" am not simply my conscious mind/Ego...that there is some level of awareness and existence which transcends the Ego and concsious mind.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #2569261 - 04/16/04 07:56 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i reckon u got it man
it's a matter of definition, in argument. But simple in experience.
Simpler.
Simple in experience.
I dunno, it's definitely there, whether it is what one experiences after death is another matter.
Certainly it is the most likely closest 'simulation' or whatever....
Who knows
There is more tho, that fact cannot be hidden from the explorer....

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

Loc: st.louis
Re: Spiritual/Philosophical Implications of Ego-Loss/Ego-Death [Re: CJay]
    #2573248 - 04/18/04 05:43 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CJay said:
what is ego? what is that awarenwss?
they are the same thing. they are just different chemical states.
they are both the experience of the individual.
In different states.
The percieved local self may fade, flutter, harden and stutter util death, but the just as personal part one experiences when flying does that remain?
For me it's about striking up a friendship. When I have what people call egoless states I don't think in that way. It's the same me experiencing things and that me is a binding of self and other like good pals.
Sure, sometimes we have blues, but we're good buddies none the less. Well we need each other and we are one.
Philisophically all we can do is enjoy.
and muse

did you just use some sceintific theory to explain who you are. fact is a majoral decision on what is real. history easily shows that fact is turned into fiction on an almost absolute basis. the earth is flat.

--------------------
where i walk, i walk alone. when i fight, i fight alone. i am no one and i am nothing. yet all is that i am.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2579270 - 04/19/04 06:54 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

*bump*

an important quesiton...

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Spiritual/Philosophical Implications of Ego-Loss/Ego-Dea [Re: kaiowas]
    #2579291 - 04/19/04 06:58 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Oh, by the way, (not that I ever posted anything in this thread.. but I did read it a few days ago, and failed to mention this)

I think your post is right-on, man. You put into words for me parts of what I've EXPERIENCED in ego-loss, but not been able to put into words.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2579356 - 04/19/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

"After my Ego was gone (and it was quite gone  ) "I" still existed. That leads me to think that "I" am not simply my conscious mind/Ego...that there is some level of awareness and existence which transcends the Ego and concsious mind. "

you think it might be awareness as well?  what would you call it??  :grin:  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Re: Spiritual/Philosophical Implications of Ego-Loss/Ego-Death [Re: kaiowas]
    #2580961 - 04/20/04 12:06 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome post, guys! I think it's really remarkable how many people are discovering thier true identities (identity) in this time at the end of history.

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

Loc: st.louis
    #2581359 - 04/20/04 02:29 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i dunno if this will help you out but here goes...
some tibetan monks go through a de-identification process where they no longer have a name or property nothing is there own. they don't do shrooms to experience ego loss the go through intense mediation and life practices to acheive this goal. once acheived they live in this state of awarness where they know they exist but are in a constant dream like state without the bothersome ego telling them what they can and can't do. no fear, anger is lost and all that is left is love and compassion for one another.

it seems like a life time commitment...too bad none of them experimented with shrooms they might get a head start!hahhaaha

when all your ego is lost there is nothing else that can hold you back. true free will.

--------------------
where i walk, i walk alone. when i fight, i fight alone. i am no one and i am nothing. yet all is that i am.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order