Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
What is the subconcious?
    #6204591 - 10/23/06 11:38 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I want to know your views on what the subconscious is, and what perspectives/experiences you have on it. Not just the jungian ideas, but your ideas, the ideas of the people in the Spirituality & Philosophy forum on the Shroomery.

So: What is the subconscious? Why is it there? What is it's purpose?

Do you believe it exists? If not, why not? If you do, why do you?

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What is the subconcious? [Re: David_Scape]
    #6204846 - 10/24/06 12:50 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

The subconscious is my instincts, my intuition, my mental programming, my conditioning as a person. Its the inner workings that guides me more on the inner level. The subconscious is where the real learning occurs. All this reading and understanding becomes filtered into the subconscious. I think meditation is an attempt to mold your subconscious and habits are formed through subconscious programming. The more we become aware of its function the more I think we can control ourselves.

Also philosophical training, develops the subconscious eye in which you may experience profound and unique experiences that are facilitates by this training.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: What is the subconcious? [Re: capliberty]
    #6205116 - 10/24/06 05:24 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i don't know. but i find it fascinating, and very real, but hard to explain all at the same time.

i would ask: what is the concious mind?

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #6205132 - 10/24/06 05:48 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Jung does not address the 'subconscious,' but rather the "Collective Unconscious" which is a realm that is deeper than the "personal unconscious" (i.e., those suppressed and repressed elements that have been acquired through the experience of an individual).

Subconsciousness (beneath consciousness) is the realm that I isolate and access as a hypnotist/hypnotherapist. It is the realm of emotional programming, of subliminal perception, of people's facial microexpressions, of simple suggestion, autonomic processes. The subconscious is an intermediary layer (I like to use an onion model of consciousness when describing these things in a hypnotic pretalk) between consciousness and unconsciousness. On the far side of consciousnesss lies superconscious states, and beneath the personal unconscious lies the collective unconscious. There are techniques which isolate these layers for particular inner work or application.

The conscious mind does not have the same control over autonomic functions as the subconscious does. I have seen a middle age woman in hypnotic trance become bodily rigid to the point where she could be placed with her neck and heels on the back edges of two chairs, and remain that way without support and without sagging! The subconscious has been isolated in many different unique ways. In about 3% of the hypnotizable population, a person can be given 'glove anaesthesia' (hand made numb - easy) and told that they are going to be touched with a piece of red hot metal and they will feel nothing. They are actually touched with a pencil eraser. The next day, those subjects will have developed a water blister at the point of contact with a rubber eraser! Mind over matter!

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #6205184 - 10/24/06 06:59 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

"Auto"-piloting..

OfflineParamemetic
Emergent

Re: What is the subconcious? [Re: Gomp]
    #6205210 - 10/24/06 07:19 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

The subconscious is typically described as the deepest level of consciousness, which still affects behavior but is not necessarily known to the person. It's more of a Freudian idea than a Jungian one. Problematically (and paradoxically) anything that is dredged up from the subconscious is no longer subconscious - one becomes consciously aware of it and it then becomes conscious.

--------------------
"Reality is that which doesn't go away when you stop believing in it." - N. Bohr
"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." - Tao Te Ching, 48

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #6205551 - 10/24/06 10:04 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Perhaps, subconsciousness and superconsciousness have more in common than we think.
Both are the playground of our mind behind the scenes :smile:

But I see it qualitatively differentiated too, as the subconscious surely has more to do with our evolutionary more primitive brain parts and the superconsciousness more with our abilities that our consciousness developed, including transcending sub- and unconsciousness.

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: What is the subconcious? [Re: kotik]
    #6205572 - 10/24/06 10:10 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

kotik said:
i would ask:  what is the concious mind?

the tip of the pen that does the writing. :grin:

by this analogy i would say the subconscious is the ink.

:earth: :yinyang: :shineon:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order