Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleChiefGreenLeaf

subconscious
    #7627311 - 11/12/07 06:53 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I think that we are all rather well-spoken understanding induviduals. I have more in common with some of you then I do my actual "friends". We all have similar mindset, so to speak. Now I have a question about ego. Although we are more aware of our ego then others, no one can deny not being affected by it (unless you have transcended). Last night I was high and thought about this and I realized that the more knowlage one gains the more secure one feels. We don't consciouslly go and learn to make ourselves feel better, but does it not put our subconscious mind to rest?

I really haven't posted in here before, so you guys might tear me to shreds...oh well.
I am just discovering how big a role the subconcious sometimes has in our rationallity.

Edited by ChiefGreenLeaf (11/12/07 07:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Re: subconscious [Re: ChiefGreenLeaf]
    #7627637 - 11/12/07 07:48 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

If the subconscious isn't conscious then I don't think we can be conscious it is at rest. I am confused.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #7627828 - 11/12/07 08:32 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefGreenLeaf said:
I realized that the more knowlage one gains the more secure one feels. We don't consciouslly go and learn to make ourselves feel better, but does it not put our subconscious mind to rest?

For me, the quest for knowledge is more of a hunger....    ....and the more I try to satisfy the hunger, the more hungry I get....
(there is a Snickers joke in there somewhere....!?  :tongue: )
Security....?    Not sure where that fits in.... 
Unless it is a false sense of security, which you can choose to trick yourself into believing at any time....
A sense of security may come from a sense of control....    Which very well may be a false sense as well.... 

A sense of accomplishment can make one feel better, and it is conscious efforts that drive one to accomplish something....

I just may be full of shit on all accounts....!    :ohwell:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#7628157 - 11/12/07 09:55 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefGreenLeaf said:
I realized that the more knowledge one gains the more secure one feels. We don't consciously go and learn to make ourselves feel better, but does it not put our subconscious mind to rest?

If I were to be picky, I'd say that being more secure with the self leads to an openness to new knowledge. I do think we are subconsciously, desperately, attempting to learn, and while it's a good thing, and is necessary to some degree, it can lead to unpleasant situations. We're all working with what we've got.

:irishtoast:

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: subconscious [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #7628169 - 11/12/07 10:00 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PhanTomCat said:
Quote:

ChiefGreenLeaf said:
I realized that the more knowlage one gains the more secure one feels. We don't consciouslly go and learn to make ourselves feel better, but does it not put our subconscious mind to rest?

For me, the quest for knowledge is more of a hunger....    ....and the more I try to satisfy the hunger, the more hungry I get....
Security....?    Not sure where that fits in.... 
Unless it is a false sense of security, which you can choose to trick yourself into believing at any time....
A sense of security may come from a sense of control....    Which very well may be a false sense as well.... 

A sense of accomplishment can make one feel better, and it is conscious efforts that drive one to accomplish something....

I just may be full of shit on all accounts....!    :ohwell:

>^;;^<

I like the hunger analogy. That's what Eckhart Tolle calls the pain body. He seperates the ego into thought based expression (ego) and it's emotional expression (pain body).

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: subconscious [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #7629491 - 11/13/07 09:20 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PhanTomCat said:

That`s because you have the munchies  :bigweed:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#7629752 - 11/13/07 10:47 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I really love the term "Grok" (check wikipedia if you don't know this term), from Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land", and since the time that I read it in the 60's "Grok" has meant the following to me:
"finding an underlying pattern inside of something you are experiencing"

It seems like you can actually sense something geometrical click in when you really understand something well.

It is as if there is some motif, or some kind of uniquly shaped thingness there.

the motif idea that goes with understanding something profoundly suggests that our brain can invoke those experiences that shared the motif from all of our memories (the subconscious).

I like to use the word motif to mean an underlying pattern that can cause the subconscious to chime in with simmilar memories, memory-recall, is like a tuning fork in that way. what was out of the stream of consciousness before, seems magically to crop up from the stream bed.

this is the sympathetic nature of associative & holographic memory recall.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order