Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrail_Blazer
enthusiast

Raffle Prizes Not Delivered
    #612573 - 04/19/02 01:20 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

The facts:

In the shroomery raffle I got very lucky and won the last runner up prize, and consolation prizes # 17 and # 27.

Presently I have received :
Golden Teacher Print - Lil Shoppe of Spores
1 Captains Plate - Captain Max Mushroom
2 PES Amazonian Syringes - Sporeworks
100 Micron Magick Filter Discs - Micron Magick

Items that have not been received :
4 myco environment bags
2 pre-steralized quart bags
1 shroomery hoodie
1 myco supply package (hispanica syringe, with agar kit and Petri sleeve)
1 10 pound bag of organic brown rice flour
3 ? pound bags of spawn mate

Wow, isn't that an awful lot to not receive? I wonder how many other raffle winners have not received prizes from the Shroomery Raffle?

If anyone else is having a problem feel free to post here. Normally i would e-mail the vendors individually but it is not worth, nor do I have, the time to do this. I also feel it is their responsiblity to have taken care of sending out the prizes.

Based on the "uniqueness" of some of the prizes not sent I can guess a few of the vendors who have not sent out their full share.

I'll leave the oppurtunity for vendors to post here and correct/acknowledge their mistakes. Otherwise I will post the names of vendors which did not live up to their responsiblities with regards to the raffle.

Bad business = No business

Peace

--------------------
[green]There is a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased this line.[/green]
Visit FSR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKthxBye
bandito furioso

Loc: bottom of the noob barrel
Re: Raffle Prizes Not Delivered [Re: Trail_Blazer]
    #612974 - 04/19/02 02:22 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Well that's too bad. Prize pig. :P

--------------------
I know what he wants: a drag of smooth tobbacco blended with the finest Turkish Turkweed. Here, have a toke on me you dumb beast.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #612981 - 04/19/02 02:30 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Normally i would e-mail the vendors individually but it is not worth, nor do I have, the time to do this. -
if you don't have the time to complain, then why are you?

If you want your stuff, ask for it, but don't post your complaints here untill you've found they are doing this one purpose.

OfflineTrail_Blazer
enthusiast

Re: Raffle Prizes Not Delivered [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #613000 - 04/19/02 02:53 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

If you want your stuff, ask for it, but don't post your complaints here untill you've found they are doing this one purpose

I have every right to post my complaints here as this is partially what this section of the message board deals with.

The post was also an inquiry. I was asking whether this had happened to anyone else. If its not just me then it would seem to be a larger problem.

Moreover.. I was never given any contact information for any of the prizes so contacting the specific vendors would require me to look up all the items and attach the product to the correct vendor. That is a waste of time.

Finally... Your flame was useless in the topic of this thread, while your advice was lacking the intelligence and common sense of a 5 year old. Therefore I offer you the same kindness in return. Fuck off!

Peace

--------------------
[green]There is a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased this line.[/green]
Visit FSR

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #613003 - 04/19/02 02:56 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Finally... Your flame was useless in the topic of this thread, while your advice was lacking the intelligence and common sense of a 5 year old. Therefore I offer you the same kindness in return. Fuck off! - I try not to flame people, i try to offer them advice.

You won't get what you want by being lazy. You need to contact them, if getting the prizes are not worth your trouble, then you probably won't get the prizes.

Offlineuno
enthusiast

#613043 - 04/19/02 03:55 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I got my prize(which wasn't much). But it came in a timely fashion. Drop Thor a PM, explain the prob, and i'm sure he will fix it.

--------------------
- uno

Anonymous

#613631 - 04/20/02 08:07 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

You have every right to ask why.

I'm just glad the Captains Plate arrived ok! It didn't get chipped did it? :wink: 

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #614022 - 04/20/02 05:09 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I'm sorry you haven't recieved some of your prizes, I can't say why that is, probably a mistake or something like that.

I just wish you wouldn't put this all so negetively, I mean you won 3 prizes and will recieve quite a bit of stuff. These vendors who are giving away tons of stuff are probably going to make some mistakes, I'd just wish you would have been a bit nicer about this.

In reply to:

I'll leave the oppurtunity for vendors to post here and correct/acknowledge their mistakes. Otherwise I will post the names of vendors which did not live up to their responsiblities with regards to the raffle.

Bad business = No business

I don't think you need to threaten the nice people who are giving you prizes, donated of course from their own pockets.

I think you could have just started by letting me know you hadn't recieved some stuff and asked me for help on finding out about that instead of posting this unpleasant sounding thread.... :frown: 

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #614057 - 04/20/02 06:02 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Shroomery hoodie will be printed when this order comes through

OfflinePeyotl
enthusiast
Loc: Everywhere But No Where
Re: Raffle Prizes Not Delivered [Re: dimitri211]
    #614252 - 04/21/02 12:20 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

thor please. please.the vendors have an oblgation to send the stuff. they signed up for it right? did you hld a gun to their head? why are you trying to make this guy feel like an asshole for wanting his shit? i imagine you had a vested interest in getting the raffle money in your hands right? so yea theyre giving shit away, to raise money for the shroomery, and also to get some ppl praising their shit. for alot of these guys the shroomery is there bread and butter. so keeping it up and getting free pub dictates whether their biz stays afloat.not entirly altruistic. i dont see how this guy could take not getting his stuff without gettinga lil angry. i also dont know how any of this is this guys fault or how he shouldve handled this differently. unless your looking out for the vendors bottom line above his bitches. maybe im reading your post wrong, but i think you are elly flopping on one distinct side.

Offlinevodgod
journeyman
Re: Raffle Prizes Not Delivered [Re: Peyotl]
    #614308 - 04/21/02 03:15 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

It seems as though people have lost all patience in this hobby. Why can you not grant people the ability to make mistakes? You are getting these things for FREE for christ's sake. If you can't even bother to ask the vendors why there is a delay then please forfeit the prize to someone else who actually gives a god damn about this hobby. Spreading unhappiness is selfish. All of this self important bullshit is getting in the way of what we are really here for....

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: Raffle Prizes Not Delivered [Re: Peyotl]
    #614762 - 04/21/02 01:53 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

They have an obligation to send what prizes they donated, that was a given.

I've had a lot of emails from people who've gotten all their stuff, some just telling me that most of the stuff has arrived and only a few more items are left...

Nobody has complained, like someone said, patience is expected in a huge raffle like this.... Takes a lot of work, and yes sometimes things don't go smoothly.

I am in no way saying that you shouldn't get exactly what you won, that is a given.... But I am saying that if you feel you may have been overlooked, or that something hasn't been shipped in a reasonable amount of time.... That you just contact me, or even better those vendors who's prizes are still outstanding to politely ask the status of their prize.

I just see no point in getting nasty about it, I can totally understand the excitement of waiting on those prizes but I feel there are things like this that are going to happen unfortunately.... There are afterall around 45 different winners with countless prizes to ship from multiple vendors..

OfflineTrail_Blazer
enthusiast

Re: Raffle Prizes Not Delivered [Re: Thor]
    #615006 - 04/21/02 08:04 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

So be it.

Since my valid complaint is such a hassle to you Thor you can forget it. I'll use this site from now on without donating a cent and enjoy the privilege of letting others pay for my hobby.

You may also tell the vendors I do not wish to receive another item since it is such a privilege to actually receive them. I am obviously not worthy.

Now, YOU can contact all of them and inform them of my choice... have fun... it shouldn't be a hassle for you, now should it?

THIS is a nasty post, not the former.

Peace

--------------------
Visit FSR

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#615051 - 04/21/02 09:30 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

you're bitchy.
and probably an unhappy person.

yes, you should get your stuff, but nobody likes a dick.

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#615188 - 04/22/02 01:04 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

Since my valid complaint is such a hassle to you Thor you can forget it. I'll use this site from now on without donating a cent and enjoy the privilege of letting others pay for my hobby.

Valid complaint, YES... Attitude problem, YES ...
Why did you threaten them if they didn't fix your problem?? Why didn't you just ask them nicely?
In reply to:

You may also tell the vendors I do not wish to receive another item since it is such a privilege to actually receive them. I am obviously not worthy.

After reading your last post I'd agree, your obviously a prick who has a bad attitude.
In reply to:

Now, YOU can contact all of them and inform them of my choice... have fun... it shouldn't be a hassle for you, now should it?

Yeah, its a big hassle for you to contact 2 vendors by email, boy that 3-4 minutes it would take is such a big hassle. :tongue:
In reply to:

THIS is a nasty post, not the former.

This is a nastier post then your first one, you did afterall threaten those people who were sending you your prizes.. Hmmm, that was a nice thing to do right? lol .. Your an idiot, what can I say...

Vendors, please do not send him the remaining items as per HIS request. I think we should offer it other good people, maybe offer up a quick contest... I'll email you all about it. :smile:
In reply to:

Peace

LOL, yeah you should start working on inner peace... 

Offlineuno
enthusiast

#615221 - 04/22/02 02:12 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I volunteer for his prizes, and i promise that i won't bitch when things take too long on a RAFFLE. -=]

--------------------
- uno

Anonymous

Re: Raffle Prizes Not Delivered [Re: uno]
    #615424 - 04/22/02 09:27 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

It is kinda strange that some vendors have not yet sent out thier donated prizes. We sent ours out weeks ago!

InvisibleWakingUpLate
addict
Loc: Born on a mountain, Raise...
    #616111 - 04/23/02 06:49 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

You should raffle off the rest of his prizes. I'd love to buy
the first ticket. Wonder how many would sell?
Come on, I'd really like to get another crack at this thing.
:peace:

Free Spore Ring

--------------------
The rest of those, who have gone before us,
cannot settle the unrest of those who follow.
(Finding Forrester)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale