Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineXTCollection
Stranger

Comprehensive vendor rating...
    #3922002 - 03/15/05 05:07 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Here is a good guide on what to expect, or the possiblities of ordering from the below vendors.

If any vendor disputes the below information, pm me, and a copy of shipping labels will be emailed to the vendor.

AFOAF purchased various syringes and items, from almost all of the mycology related vendors.

The vendors are:

Sporesdirect
Ralphsters
Sporeworks
Spores101
Hawks Eye
Lil Shop
Tennesee Stud
Mycosupply

First - All the above vendors are reliable and honest business men. Not a single one jipped or otherwise shortchanged me or my order.

Ok, so we know they are all reliable, but how about genetics and product quality?

Total amount spent: $780.00 in three weeks.

Here is the first weeks empties...

Last weeks score from THE and Sporeworks -

Not all syringes are created equal, but each vendor has its market.

For example, I prefer to see cubie (that was a buy get 1 free pesa on the left(THE), and an exotic from sporeworks.) syringes dark.

Why? You can dilute them, or use only 1 drop. Unfortunately for sporeworks, the largest clump is hidden behind the label and is almost the size of a grape. But you can still see the three progresive rings of spores in the pic.

Your preference may vary.

Sporesdirect - Clear syringes, but still effective. Occasional glitch in order processing, but this vendor will make good on his promises, in a reasonable to short amount of time. Quality can vary slightly of many orders, but pretty good deal for the price. Replied to 4+ emails over a few weeks in the same day.

Ralphsters - Great vendor, goes above and beyond for customer needs, and is fairly active and responsive around the forums. Only PM'ed twice, but recieved prompt replies with the service I was hoping for.

Spores101 - Very professional site, with incredible, consumer orientated service. Reasonable prices, decent syringes. (note - only 1 order placed) Didnt have a reason to contact through email, so cant comment on their attentiveness in the case of problems arising.

Sporeworks - Excellent syringes, although, to be honest, I havent bought single cubie syringe. All exotics, and this is his nitch. His freebies are taylored to the customer, meaning he really puts some thought behind what he hooks you up with. Instead of sending old, free cubie syringes laying around, he sent Weilli and Tampenise for free over two orders. This is christmas to someone like myself. Spore clouded and sterile wild exotic syringes, need I say more?

The Hawks Eye - I am pretty impressed with this business. For syringes, his quality is bar none. In fact, if he only carried the exotics Sporeworks did, I would strictly shop with him. Also, his prints are extremely large, in some case, almost an inch larger than some other vendor prints. An inch going outward is at least another dozen syringes. Also, his genetics are backed up with unique photo essays, not just single pics. Descriptions are very thorough, and one should feel very comfortable with the origin of his strains.
One of the more expensive vendors, but there are two types of customers, quality and quantity orientated. You actually get both if you dilute his syringes down. IME - One syringe was diluted to 8, and still very effective. Refunds money quicker than I can tell him to just replace with different stock, (in instances of out of stocks or old batches) and he is very helpfull when requesting non-manufacturing questions - such as storage, shelf life, etc. Responds to any and all emails consistently, within the same day or the monday if you email him on weekends.

Lil Shop - Smaller selection, but still not bad. Never had a reason to email, and only did 1 purchase, but still, cant argue with a positive experience.

Tennesee Stud - Great shit... period... Order was delayed, but he emailed with the proper info and sent no later than promised. Perfect mositure content with no debris, in 5lbs anyways.

Myccosupply - Great supplies, with great prices. Fairly quick shipping, and a comprehensive selection. Cant reccomend enough.

Again, this not to bag any vendors or create a competition. All in all, not one contamed syringe was recieved from any of the above vendors, and dozens were recieved.

A further note about print quality and genetics...

Photo's will follow, my academics, kids, and work have me in a tight spot this second.

Print - Considerable packaging differences among vendors, in some cases, prints were recieved in foil, some with debris (not spores, multicolored debris) on the foil. Most prints were less than half the size of several ordered from THE, sadly some were only a couple bucks less too.

Genetics - I cant say enough, if you live in a country where you can legally germinate these, pay 3$ more for a print, or 2-7$ more for a syringe. Several controled batches (done by an old college mate, outside of US) show an immediate difference of genetic vigor, this isnt slanted or biased either. Also, for purist collectors - avoid the questionable names - if it doesnt have unique pictures of the location it was picked, and named in relation to the area - its either a breeders project or a renamed strain. If you value the integrity as a serious print collector like myself, pay the 3$-5$ more for prints, and get a print worth a spot in your display case. Size does matter in this case, and some vendors print sizes have been down right laughable. Most people say, whats that? Hawk's could be seen through heavey card stock, perfectly round, and in some cases, an inch larger in circumference. An inch makes a huge difference moving out. Never even had to open his.

Exotics - Sporeworks. Sorry, but THE's exotic (Non-cubie) collection was less than 150$ total in print form, but you can go to the sporeworks for a larger, exhaustive list. Never tried a cubie syringe from this company, but I did order Ps. Azures and Cyans, Pan Cyans, and Mexicana - a, and various edible supplies. His freebies were taylored to my needs, not some cubie syringe. Grade A service. His products have all proven sterile under the microscope. Sterile, wild print syringes, consistently sterile too. Sporeworks isnt the cheapest either but, his quality goes a long way.

The difference in prints will make you laugh, especially size and package comparisons.

You get what you pay for, but if you cant afford to consistently shop the most expensive suppliers, thats the market for some of the other vendors. Again - Not one product recieved from anyone was contamed, and every vendor conducted themselves in a profesional manner.

Customer service and honesty is one strong advantage when sticking with your shroomery sponsors.

And with any of the above vendors, you are sure to be satisfied.

Also, any delivery delays among a few vendors were resolved by waiting one week in between communications, most resolving themselves.

pics soon.

Edited by XTCollection (03/16/05 12:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

Re: Comprehensive vendor rating... [Re: XTCollection]
    #3923584 - 03/15/05 10:40 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

good to see that someone has taken the time to make a preemptive strike against all of the questions asked by new members about sponsors.
look forward to further analysis.

--------------------

OfflineSpores_101
Mycologist

Re: Comprehensive vendor rating... [Re: psilocyben]
    #3925185 - 03/16/05 11:38 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Very nice work there XTC.
Thanks a bunch for the in depth analysis.
:wink:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Comprehensive vendor rating... [Re: Spores_101]
    #3926183 - 03/16/05 03:34 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Excellent review, well done! If I havnt given you 5 already, I'm going to now, you are always well informed and intelligent in your posts.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: Comprehensive vendor rating... [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3926467 - 03/16/05 04:11 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Arent you mixing people up now scatman!? :confused: :lol:

--------------------

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #3927247 - 03/16/05 06:47 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Good to know. Thanks for taking the time to write all this down.

Offlinepizzle3k
Midwest Mushin!
Male

Re: Comprehensive vendor rating... [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #3928239 - 03/16/05 10:02 PM (19 years, 6 days ago)

wow!! awesome write up!! 5 to you  :grin:

OfflinesporesourceV
vendor
Re: Comprehensive vendor rating... [Re: pizzle3k]
    #3944970 - 03/20/05 04:03 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

I was sorry to see we were the only US sponsor/vendor on this board left off of the list. Perhaps next time?

--------------------
www.sporesource.com

OfflineXTCollection
Stranger

Re: Comprehensive vendor rating... [Re: sporesource]
    #3945031 - 03/20/05 04:16 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Fair enough, Ill order a print and syringe for AFOAF first thing monday.

Ill update with Mycosupply's quality, and Tennessee Stud's product quality within 2 weeks, would should allow for your shipment.

OfflinehighmountianshV
compost man
Male
Loc: WA>USA
    #3949874 - 03/21/05 04:15 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

High mountain compost.?????

OfflineXTCollection
Stranger

Re: Comprehensive vendor rating... [Re: highmountiansh]
    #3950320 - 03/21/05 05:36 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Just placed an order with iamshaman, will do shamans palace tommorow.

Checked out high moutain compost and sporesource, both will be placed within the week.

Offlineevilchipmunk
All your nutsare belong tome.

#3950476 - 03/21/05 06:25 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

very informative.  i wouldn't mind seeing this pinned.  :thumbup:

--------------------
George Dubya Bush's Resume.

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Comprehensive vendor rating... [Re: evilchipmunk]
    #3964037 - 03/24/05 08:55 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

A big pat on the back and big "ATTA BOY" to you for for the well informed comparison.

Thanks for your business as well. Looking forward to seeing those pics of the fruiting comparison.

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains