I thought I would tell the newbie’s out there of my experience. It IS possible people, don’t give up.
I have never tripped on shroomes before; I wanted to try them but thought that I would experience the full blast of mushrooms, from spore back to spore.
I am not saying that this method is better than any other; all I'm saying is that I’m a total newbie and this worked fine for me, 2/10 contaminated.
NOTE; DO NOT FOLLOW THIS METHOD IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE ANY RESEARCH. This will ONLY work if you have read other methods first, it’s aimed at people who have a general understanding.
Edit; I have created a thread showing the end result of this method.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6021592/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1
Ok, you'll need a few things at first...
A good Friend; You will need a shroomer buddy, someone reliable and clean. You don’t know how much help it can be to have a mate there to help. This person you have to pick with trust, it is not essential, so if you can manage by yourself then do so.
"I'm not going to listen to anything that starts out by breaking the #1 rule in my book .
DON'T tell anyone . The only one who knows here is Hubby , and sometimes I don't trust him,lol." - Hippie Chick
To each his own opinion.
You will need to get yourself a spore print; I got one of hawk spores. I purchased P.C Orissa India strain.
And some other things I’ll go through now, but those two are the most important ones.
First stage will be to get the spore prints from the paper into a syringe.
Buy some syringes, get 5 to be safe.
What I did was disinfect a shot glass by wrapping it in foil and putting it into water in a pressurised cooker. (man how relieved was I when I realised we already had one...)
Boil the water in there for like 45 minutes; remember it’s a pressurised container (duh) so you’re going to have to wait before you can open it.
CLEAN YOUR HANDS WITH antibac gel, take the shot glass out place it somewhere, the water in the container is now purified.
Create a clean environment somewhere, I used a shelf, sprayed it all with antibac spray. Then I placed cling film all around the surface (top too) sprayed that too and let it all dry.
Opened the foil and put the shot glass down, (cover your breath) I put a bit of the water in the shot glass. Now get a lighter (PREFFERABLY A JET LIGHTER) grab a knife and flame the shit out of it, don’t touch the blade.
Now that the blade is clean you can open your spore print, scrape out some of the black spores into the water, and make it fairly concentrated. But remember to keep some spores for later. Cover the shot glass with something clean.
Grab your syringes (get a mate to help you, we had a sterile person and a handling person, one touched only the clean, the other did the other stuff) using the lighter get the handler to sterilise the tips and suck up the solution (REMEMBER TO LET IT COOL FIRST). Create as many syringes as you can. Put them in little bags or wrap in cling film and place in a fridge.
PART ONE DONE!!! - Take a breather smoke a j.
You will need; containers, vermiculite, and brown ORGANIC rice.
Firstly you will need to crush the flour, what I did was put the rice into a milkshake maker, lol. It worked. Create flour, but don’t worry if it’s still got rice inside it, its good for the texture.
Get a big bowl, Grab any glass (preferably not tiny). You’re going to use this as your ratio. (don’t worry if you don’t understand). Tip one glass of water, one glass of flour (rice) and TWO of vermiculite.
If you end up with not enough, just repeat.
You will need antibacterial wipes, (check first aid boxes)
Put this in the container(S) and fill about 1 cm off the edge, don’t push it down, loose is good. DONE? Now wipe the edges with the antibacterial wipes, with you’re for finger and thumb, spin the container and clean ALL the mixture off the edges, you ONLY want it 1 cm off the edge and down. (If you don’t understand this check out other growing methods they explain it better)
Right, grab your vermiculite (by itself, not from the mix) and apply in that 1 cm gap, fill to top and screw on the lids of containers.
For this method you will not need to make holes in your containers.
OK!!! You should have several containers like this now, grab some foil and wrap each one. Place them into a pressurised cooker with water and cook for 45 mins. Remember to let it cool etc, let the foiled containers cool over night (leave them in the foil)
PART TWO OVER
Hello sleepy eyes, now you’re feeling all kick ass and you want to grow some shrooms!!
Stop a second and understand that this will be the hardest and longest part.
Rip the foil off (or take it off neatly for future use, if you aren’t poor dw). What we need to do now is inoculate the sterilised cakes. Remember to keep sterilisation of hands and surroundings high. Spray the air with antibacterial cleaner prior,
Now inoculation can be done in several ways, the way I am going to suggest is purely point of view backed up with results. Writing this while tripping is hard…*
*By the time I got to this part in my writing I had plenty of mature shrooms already.
Two out of ten cakes have been infected. These where the ones inoculated in a disinfected area. I created two batches one after another, the second I used oven inoculation.
To do this I sprayed the oven with antibac, waited a bit coz I’m not retarded. Put the flame on and inoculated on a disinfected surface. (In the oven).
To do this method you’ll need a friend. Place the cakes near you (DON’T OPEN THEM YET!) while the cake is in the oven you can open the lid, have a friend with the spore siring handy, make sure he flamed the syringe a minute prior to inoculation to let the metal cool. As quick as possible, remove the lid, and inject a few drops of liquid in four corners (making a square). Close it up again and give to your mate, repeat until finished.
PART THREE OVER
No point smoking a j, you won’t be able to make this time fly fast…
This is the longest stage; you’ve got to keep the cakes at 80-83 deg Fahrenheit. I suggest in a cupboard with a little heater. BUY A THERMOSTAT!!! Trust me it’s a life saver, I got one for a fiver on eBay, it was a stupid digital clock that happened to show the temp. Think smart man!
Hi there, about a month should have passed, man you should cut your beard…
The cakes should be white all over, search for some pictures on google. Here is mine.

Some of my cakes did not fully grow, they are still in my cupboard now actually. But those are the ones I didn’t experiment with. To finish the growth on the cake I sterilised a container, placed the unfinished cake and sprayed it regularly with misty water, I made sure it stuck to the sides of the container. In under a day I could see the growth growing. In 4 days the brown rice flour and vermiculite had disappeared under snowy white.

I sugest you fork out 25 – 35 pounds a buy an ultrasonic humidifier, preferably with a light (it also heats up). You are going to make a proper growing chamber for when the white growth has fully spread. Check google for one.

I used a big Tupper wear container, I placed the humidifier on the bottom, filled it up with water untill it was covered so it could work (you’ll understand when yours arrives).

You may find its spraying water around, mine came with a little hole I could put a stand on, on the stand I have a little spatula, this stops the water flicking.

Now that thing must be looking pretty cool by now.
Sterilise and place something in the water so you can lift the cake off the water level. Place the on top and give plenty of misting time, if the white starts to turn slightly blue limit the length of time you have it one. If it starts to get a dry skin, (sort of like the one you get on milk) Lengthen the time the mister is on. KNOW YOUR CAKES!!
 This cake is slightly blue from too much humidity.
After some time you will see pins, then bigger pins in under a day. When the head breaks apart from the stem you can eat it and trip!!! To help you can cut (with a steralised knife) the viel holding the head to the stem if you see it stretched.

Be aware if the cake is vermiculite down, at first it will probably grow underneith, if it does, wait untill those shrooms are mature, pick the cake almost bear and flip it around, as shown;
 On this cake i left some shrooms because they where facing the right way.
You should pick them if they are trapped when mature or they might rot.
 Soon the pins will break off the stem... these are mature...
And that’s it!! If your impatient like me you can eat them before they can grow even more, but remember this should be one of your many cakes you can play with!!
 Mushrooms left to mature further.
When picking try to get all the stem so nothing is left to rot.. Keep them in paper, wrapped in cling film refrigirated. It is normal for them to bruise, like this first batch i picked, these are the mushrooms from the last pictures.

The cake will produce less over time… Look into dunking to extend cake life…
Remember to change the water now and again…
I’ve got a thread about the stages of fruiting with more pictures, check it out for help.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6021592/an/0/page/0
Ask me any questions you have.
This GUIDE was only published because I did things differently to how I read and got good results.
All the pictures are from the mushrooms cultivated from this EXACT method.
Remember, only you decide the fate of your cakes…
See you around,
- Dr Deep
Edited by Dr_deep (09/05/06 08:22 PM)
|