Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepokalot
Stranger

Almost Died From Marijuana???
    #5924590 - 08/02/06 06:52 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Last night I was smoking "bud" out of my bubbler pipe and I coughed pretty bad. Then at 4:30 in the morning I woke up and I couldn't breathe at all! Then I starting gaging and choking, so I ran for the phone to call 911. Before I got to the phone, I starting being able to breath again. Then I realized my throat was swollen. Could that have been caused by the bubbler pipe and me coughing? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Pokalot  :stoned:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: pokalot]
    #5924693 - 08/02/06 08:07 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

It sounds like a severe allergic reaction, perhaps to the weed itself, to a mold that might be in the bud, or an allergy to something related.

Whatever the assumed cause: shit ain't healthy.
Have your airways checked out by a doctor today, it might be a double pneumonia or asthma for all we know. Only the guy with the stethoscope can tell.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: Asante]
    #5924742 - 08/02/06 08:35 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

you would be the first person to die from marijuana.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: kotik]
    #5924791 - 08/02/06 09:10 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I was in the sophmore year of high school at a pre-party in the ghetto. We are sitting there smokin weedx0r for like 20 minutes and then the party started. At this point I was just fucked up, things were not right... I never really got the fear and I was just maranoid to hell. So after talking all hyper and shit to this hot indian girl I liked I excused myself and drove home... paranoid as hell that I would get caught being high by the cops.

I came home and started playing Aliens Vs Predator 2 while smoking black and milds. All the sudden I look down and my hands are leaving tracers on the keyboard, this is pleasurable. Afterawhile I flip on a hip-hop radio station, I never listen to hip hop. The music is very enhanced in a way not like pot. Eventually I realize that this pleasure and sensation is linked to me not breathing. Involuntarily I was not breathing and this was rewarding me with these sensations. Upon realizing this I became quite worried and tried to fight it but couldn't really. Eventually my vision filled with a mario bros game that had repeating horizontal waves on it. At this point I proceeded to chase my cat around the house for oxygen and eventually passed out thinking I was surely going to die. The next day I felt fucking amazing!!! Who knows it coulda been pot or it coulda been laced.

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
    #5924800 - 08/02/06 09:14 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

do you smoke alot? tobacco and weed? im thinking it can be the start of COLD (Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease) perhaps, this disease seems to be more and more common.

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

#5924806 - 08/02/06 09:16 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kotik said:
you would be the first person to die from marijuana.

he wouldnt be the first, several people have died from allergic reactions before, bruce lee supposedly died from marijuana ive heard

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

Offlinemushnoon
MushNoob
Male User Gallery
Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: shamantra]
    #5924815 - 08/02/06 09:23 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

^^^^
thats possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard, not to be mean. but it really is

--------------------
I love the feeling when it falls apart. Im slow to finish but im quick to start.

Edited by mushnoon (08/02/06 09:25 AM)

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: mushnoon]
    #5924844 - 08/02/06 09:38 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

maybe you havent heard so much

the bruce lee thing is just a myth, noone knows exactly why he died. but that someone has died before from allergic reactions to marijuana is not unlikely

--------------------

OfflineDr_Mcgillicuddy
Stranger

Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: mushnoon]
    #5924850 - 08/02/06 09:40 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

'At this point I proceeded to chase my cat around the house for oxygen'

Haha that was hilarious !

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#5924915 - 08/02/06 10:10 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

How clean was the pipe? What was it made from? What liquid did you bubble?

I've never had this happen when smoking clean (J's, just cleaned pipes) but I have had some problems from dirty pipes/bongs.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

InvisibleJackTackle
pinningmycologist

Loc: behind you
Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: passitbobbie]
    #5924974 - 08/02/06 10:39 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

passitbobbie said:
I was in the sophmore year of high school at a pre-party in the ghetto. We are sitting there smokin weedx0r for like 20 minutes and then the party started. At this point I was just fucked up, things were not right... I never really got the fear and I was just maranoid to hell. So after talking all hyper and shit to this hot indian girl I liked I excused myself and drove home... paranoid as hell that I would get caught being high by the cops.

I came home and started playing Aliens Vs Predator 2 while smoking black and milds. All the sudden I look down and my hands are leaving tracers on the keyboard, this is pleasurable. Afterawhile I flip on a hip-hop radio station, I never listen to hip hop. The music is very enhanced in a way not like pot. Eventually I realize that this pleasure and sensation is linked to me not breathing. Involuntarily I was not breathing and this was rewarding me with these sensations. Upon realizing this I became quite worried and tried to fight it but couldn't really. Eventually my vision filled with a mario bros game that had repeating horizontal waves on it. At this point I proceeded to chase my cat around the house for oxygen and eventually passed out thinking I was surely going to die. The next day I felt fucking amazing!!! Who knows it coulda been pot or it coulda been laced.

that sounds like PCP bro
i bet your shit was laced

--------------------
Stay Blue!

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: JackTackle]
    #5925086 - 08/02/06 11:23 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I was thinking PCP too...

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineSage
Human
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #5925265 - 08/02/06 12:26 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

bong water contains bacteria after sitting for a while ... u could have bacteriad urself...

Invisibledespisedicon
Stranger

Loc: Flag
Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: Sage]
    #5925276 - 08/02/06 12:29 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Really?

Bacteriad isn't even a word, and it's "yourself".  Don't be Lazy.

I have never heard this before. 

Would you like to back this up with some facts or links so I could judge for myself?

Where's Wiccan_Seeker when you need him? :justdontknow:

Edited by despisedicon (08/02/06 12:31 PM)

Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

#5925284 - 08/02/06 12:33 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Possible although it was shared between me and other people, none of them reporting anything but being "really stoned". I just think if it was laced I would have heard of other weird shit happening at the party? (which I did but not related) Perhaps I am just very sensitive to PCP... and if thats what PCP is like that was fucking amazing till the not breathing part.

OfflineSinthetic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5925291 - 08/02/06 12:36 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, me too lol.

OfflineSage
Human
Male User Gallery

Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: Sinthetic]
    #5925318 - 08/02/06 12:44 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

ok has anyone ever left bong water in there bong for a prolonged amount of time?
just to find an odd film to form over the liquid?
no facts ... its just i always use new bong water for i fear the bacteriad. fyi "bacteriad" is not a word.... i just used it because it sounds bad.

sage

OfflineSage
Human
Male User Gallery

Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: Sage] * 1
    #5925332 - 08/02/06 12:47 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i dont want to be bacteriaded.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #5925475 - 08/02/06 01:46 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

That film is composed of trace chemicals in smoke which enter the water in gas phase, then condense back to liquid phase due to the coolness of the water, but are insoluble in water room temperature. Next time your make coffee look closely at the surface; there is a similar oily film there (obviously nowhere near as thick as on some lazyass's nasty black bongwater). This is neither bacteria or bacteriad.

In the case of bong oils, however, they smell (and taste) pretty goddamn nasty. Change your bongwater you lazy stoner!

Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

Loc: Canada (not really)
    #5925480 - 08/02/06 01:49 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

pokalot is a TROLL!!!! Read his other posts. They read like someone giving the third degree on how to get high, how much you pay, how often, what you smoke through, ect.....and then he starts with the mass hystaria spreading bullshit like this thread, "I smoked some weed and later I couldn't breathe" hmmmm, not like any pot I've ever even heard of. His story belongs on Freevibe.com cause its BULLSHIT, just like the rest of his extremely inquisitive posts :spank:

--------------------
"Don't Steal. The government hates competition!!"

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: phungi]
    #5925691 - 08/02/06 02:47 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

*shrug* if you leave a glass of water out it will collect bacteria... If you keep bottled water for several years, I'm pretty sure it will also collect bacteria (it was either that or absorbing chemicals from the plastic or both that they put expirey dates on the bottles). Water's the source of all life, I'd be pretty surprised if there was no bacteria in it after a couple days... Don't think a bong would be much different... Whether this bacteria is really harmful I have no idea. Friend had a party house and he had a house bong, it was absolutely black with resin (pretty much the entire neck was just coated with resin) and he never really changed the water, maybe once every month and a half... I refused to use it cause it tasted so bad, but nobody seemed to get sick from it or anything...

Hell, if you leave a bong by a window I'm sure you'd get algae...

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

#5926397 - 08/02/06 06:44 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

pokalot said:
Last night I was smoking "bud" out of my bubbler pipe and I coughed pretty bad. Then at 4:30 in the morning I woke up and I couldn't breathe at all! Then I starting gaging and choking, so I ran for the phone to call 911. Before I got to the phone, I starting being able to breath again. Then I realized my throat was swollen. Could that have been caused by the bubbler pipe and me coughing? Has anyone had a similar experience?

If your for real.
Sounds to me like you had an asthma attack. Mine started off the exact same way, waking up in the morning literally choking not being able to breath.

If you was bonging hard and coughing alot the night before that probably set it off.
Lay off the bong and it might go away, if it doesn't you need to go get some salbutamol and a steroid perscribed.

Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: Mike_yy]
    #5926800 - 08/02/06 08:44 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

If this dude is for real I'll eat my underwear.

This dude is a total poser..... :thumbdown:

Read his other posts, he's a leo.

--------------------

Offlinemicrosporum
:(
Female

#5926824 - 08/02/06 08:56 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Too bad nobody really does drugs around here.

;/

Offlinetwiggedoubt
twigburst
Male User Gallery

Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: microsporum]
    #5929742 - 08/03/06 08:41 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Shoot up some marijuana oil, I bet money it will kill you. The whole marijuana can't kill you thing isn't really all that honest. If you are allergic to marijuana and you die, the allergic reaction is what killed you, if you have a heart attack on marijuana then the heart attack is what killed you. Marijuana never killed anyone like a baseball bat has never killed anyone. I can kill someone with a brick of shwag as well, to make that statment even more true.

Offlinecolimon
DingoDogBoy
Male

#5929891 - 08/03/06 09:59 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

get an allergy check you may be allergic to moulds or marijuana itself. I know I'm allergic to moulds found in alcohol and around the house (I don't need alcohol any ways :frown: ).

--------------------
I believe with the advent of acid we discovered new way to think and it had to
do with piecing together new thoughts of mind. Why is it that people think it's
so evil? What is it about it that there is scares people so deeply? Because
they are afraid that there is more to reality than they have ever confronted.
That there are doors that they're afraid to go in and they don't want us to go
in there either because if we go in, there we might learn something that they
don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control.

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: twiggedoubt]
    #5929947 - 08/03/06 10:20 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

If someone has a health complication as a direct result of a drug, the drug is identified as the cause of death. If a person has a preexisting condition that is a different story. Everything I have ever read, including the prohibition propaganda, has never blamed any deaths directly on marijuana.

From Wikipedia

Quote:

It is generally considered to be impossible to achieve a lethal overdose by smoking cannabis. According to the Merck Index, 12th edition, the LD50, the lethal dose for 50% of rats tested by inhalation, is 42 mg/kg of body weight. That is equivalent of a 165 lb (75 kg) man ingesting all of the THC in 21 one-gram cigarettes of high-potency (15% THC) cannabis buds at once, assuming no THC was lost through burning or exhalation. For oral consumption, the LD50 for rats is 1270 mg/kg and 730 mg/kg for males and females, respectively, equivalent to the THC in about a pound of 15% THC cannabis. Only with intravenous administration — an unheard-of method of use — may such a level be even theoretically possible.[22] Recently though, there have been a few incidents of THC-injections via syringes. All reported cases resulted in short-term paralysis and consuming states of euphoria.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: PowerTrip]
    #5929991 - 08/03/06 10:44 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

According to the Merck Index, 12th edition, the LD50, the lethal dose for 50% of rats tested by inhalation, is 42 mg/kg of body weight. That is equivalent of a 165 lb (75 kg) man ingesting all of the THC in 21 one-gram cigarettes of high-potency (15% THC) cannabis buds at once, assuming no THC was lost through burning or exhalation. For oral consumption, the LD50 for rats is 1270 mg/kg and 730 mg/kg for males and females, respectively, equivalent to the THC in about a pound of 15% THC cannabis.

Every week I can write the same thing over and over again at length.

Short version:

No, Wikipedia is blabbing pure bullshit here. You can NOT equate LD50s between species like that. You can also not equate forcing smoke up a critters lungs with the voluntary and deliberate act of smoking.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

#5930036 - 08/03/06 11:07 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

umm dude if the "calculated" LD50 for humans is only 21 grams from that... I'm pretty sure I've almost killed myself on a couple occasions.

Offlineictoasnrnsigwt
Weirder
    #5930047 - 08/03/06 11:11 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

My friend has an enflamed esauphogus(sp?) and he had to quit smoking for a while because when he did his throat swelled up and he couldnt breath, he also couldn't swollow, his vision blurred, and his limbs went numb. Due to those other symptoms it might not be the same thing as you. It wasn't a direct cause from the marijuana. Stress caused stomach acid to enflame his throat the heat from the smoke just induced the attack.

OfflineEdgekrusher
God
Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: ictoasnrnsigwt]
    #5930180 - 08/04/06 12:27 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Dude, don't even play with me like that.... I've made it my lifelong goal (next to owning willy-wonka's factory) to be the first man to overdose on marijuana. Don't steal my dreams!

I'm gonna be so damn famous.

Offlinetwiggedoubt
twigburst
Male User Gallery

Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: Edgekrusher]
    #5930210 - 08/04/06 12:41 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Outta how many people smoke marijuana it seems pretty likely that at least 1 person would have had a heart attack while smoking weed and died, and at least one person would have had an allergic reaction and died. Not to mention that "Noone has ever died from marijuana." can not be proven, since they believe people have been using marijuana for its effects for thousands of years. There is no LD50 for marijuana, nor LD50 for THC as they haven't recorded any lethal doses, let alone enough people to determine an LD50. By the way its grams of THC, not marijuana. (Since different species and hybrids have different levels).

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5930350 - 08/04/06 01:39 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Outta how many people smoke marijuana it seems pretty likely that at least 1 person would have had a heart attack while smoking weed and died, and at least one person would have had an allergic reaction and died.

Oh they do die, and I don't think a week goes by without someone dying from marijuana. But its not the herb's fault you see: its people with bad hearts, or allergic predispositions, or they were too old or bla or bla or blablablabla.

I've grown to strongly dislike the "harmless weed" mentality, what it tries is to dodge taking responsibility for the risks taken by stating there are no risks at all.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #5930506 - 08/04/06 05:00 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

shamantra said:

the bruce lee thing is just a myth, noone knows exactly why he died. but that someone has died before from allergic reactions to marijuana is not unlikely

in that case, they would be dying from allergies, not from marijuana.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #5930541 - 08/04/06 05:42 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

Outta how many people smoke marijuana it seems pretty likely that at least 1 person would have had a heart attack while smoking weed and died, and at least one person would have had an allergic reaction and died.

Oh they do die, and I don't think a week goes by without someone dying from marijuana. But its not the herb's fault you see: its people with bad hearts, or allergic predispositions, or they were too old or bla or bla or blablablabla.

I've grown to strongly dislike the "harmless weed" mentality, what it tries is to dodge taking responsibility for the risks taken by stating there are no risks at all.

If people were dying weekly from marijuana I think you'd hear about it a lot more. I'm sure all those anti-drug campaigns would jump all over that.

Yes, marijuana increases heart rate and affects blood pressure, although to the normal person not to a lethal extent. Of course I'd be more surprised if nobody has died from using weed, but clearly the rate of deaths is so low the anti-drug programs don't even bother mentioning it...

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: StickyWater]
    #5930707 - 08/04/06 07:58 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Here's a cut & paste from another post, because I'm lazy.

Hmm links please..

The extent of possible long-term damage on psyche and cognition, immune system, fertility and pregnancy remains controversial. Marijuana can induce a schizophrenic psychosis in vulnerable persons presumably without increasing the incidence of the disease. Disturbance of immunological and hormonal functions and long-term impairment of memory, attention, and complex cognitive processes are low.

"Low" means that even this pro-marijuana research paper acknowledges disturbances of immune system, hormonal functions and long-term impairment of memory, attention, and complex cognitive processes

The extent of possible long-term damage on psyche and cognition, immune system, fertility and pregnancy remains controversial.
Aside from brain syndromes infertility and pregnancy effects are DNA effects.

Clin Toxicol. 1979 Apr;14(4):433-8. Related Articles, Links

Myocardial infarction and marijuana

Myocardial infarction in the virtual absence of risk factors occurred in a 25-year old man shortly after smoking a cigarette containing marijuana. Subsequent coronary arteriography was normal.

This is what happened to me personally but then in a bit more severe case with no risk factors of significance.

Marijuana's cardiovascular effects are not associated with serious health problems for most young, healthy users, although occasional myocardial infarction, stroke, and other adverse cardiovascular events are reported. Marijuana smoking by people with cardiovascular disease poses health risks because of the consequences of the resulting increased cardiac work, increased catecholamine levels, carboxyhemoglobin, and postural hypotension.

Only occasionally weed causes heart attacks, strokes and similar health crises.

We already know that regular use of cannabis is associated with an increased incidence of mental illnesses, most notably schizophrenia and depression,4 but it is also worth examining its potential to cause other illnesses, especially those of the heart and respiratory system...Smoking cannabis causes chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and other lung disorders, which were recently summarised in a review released by the British Lung Foundation.3 ...Although the active ingredients of the cannabis plant differ from those of the tobacco plant, each produces about 4000 chemicals when smoked and these are largely identical...A striking feature of cannabis smoking is that it is associated with bullous lung disease in young people.6 Inflammatory lung changes, chronic cough, and chest infections are similar to those in cigarette smokers, but may also be commoner in younger people.7-9 Premalignant changes have been shown in the pulmonary epithelium, and there are reports of lung, tongue, and other cancers in cannabis smokers... For example, one could calculate that if cigarettes cause an annual excess of 120 000 deaths among 13 million smokers, the corresponding figure for deaths among 3.2 million cannabis smokers would be 30 000, assuming equality of effect. Even if the number of deaths attributable to cannabis turned out to be a fraction of that figure, smoking cannabis would still be a major public health hazard. However, when the likely mental health burden is added to the potential for morbidity and premature death from cardiopulmonary disease, these signals cannot be ignored.

pretty stiff statements from the British Lung Foundation et al, don't you think? cannabis smokers get the same illnesses, plus extra illnesses at a younger age then tobacco smokers. note the unusual number of high-lethality and chronic disabling diseases in that list

Several publications have recently suggested a relationship between cannabis use and certain types of cancer. We gathered information on the latest findings on the subject. A manual and computerized bibliographic search on cannabis and cancer was conducted. In users under 40 years of age, cannabis is suspected to increase the risk of squamous-cell carcinoma of the upper aerodigestive tract, particularly of the tongue and larynx, and possibly of lung. Other tumours being suspected are non-lymphoblastic acute leukaemia and astrocytoma. In head and neck cancer, carcinogenicity was observed for regular (i.e. more than once a day for years) cannabis smokers. Moreover, cannabis increases the risk of head and neck cancer in a dose-response manner for frequency and duration of use. Interaction was observed with cigarette smoking and alcohol use. Delta9-THC seems to have a specific carcinogenic effect different from that of the pyrolysis products.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Edited by Asante (08/04/06 08:03 AM)

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #5930773 - 08/04/06 08:31 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

forgive me if I missed something, but those sound like all the same problems associated with smoking anything, not just marijuana... While I didn't check the links you provided (far too tired) I'd just like to bring to your attention that a lot of the time the people examined in those studies seem to also be cigarette smokers, or who used to smoke cigarettes. I'm not questioning the validity of the information or anything, just bringing it to attention.

It seems that other than the rare heart problems and risk of stroke, all the dangers seem easily avoidable by vaporizing or eating it. Unless I missed something in your post, smoke kills, not marijuana... They just happen to usually be linked. Yet another reason why I encourage everyone to invest in a vaporizer (trust me, get a good one and you'll find yourself carrying even the most cumbersome device around just to avoid smoking)

Offlinetwiggedoubt
twigburst
Male User Gallery

#5930920 - 08/04/06 09:46 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

The point is that marijuana isn't harmless, and I really think that people that spew that marijuana is harmless are doing more bad then good for the legalisation movement. Also the whole "Its safer than alcohol and tobacco" argument is just 2 reasons to make alcohol and tobacco illegal, not 1 reason to make marijuana legal.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5930999 - 08/04/06 10:23 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

those sound like all the same problems associated with smoking anything, not just marijuana...

The "harmless" defense defies common sense and research findings by stating there is *no harm whatsoever* from inhaling cannabis smoke, that its interchangable with air in harmlessless. Never mind that people cough so hard they poo their pants, that's "healthy coughing that rids the lungs of toxic wastes from air pollution"
Riight :rolleyes:

By your application of common sense I can see you're not one of the front-line "harmless"-defenders. These people by their leaning on biased 1970s research and defiance of common sense do little more than spread the notion that marijuana brings on delusions, which isnt helping the movement. I'd call it naive, if it wasnt often done with such aggression.

Quote:

associated with smoking anything, not just marijuana...

not exactly. it is the THC's effects on the heart that in some people under some conditions can trigger adverse events. It is even considered a possibility that THC itself in any shape or form is a carcinogen.

Quote:

all the dangers seem easily avoidable by vaporizing or eating it.

Not if THC indeed causes cancer. Smoking weed seems to cause different cancer patterns than smoking tobacco does.

Quote:

smoke kills, not marijuana...

Smoking makes use of marijuana far more harmful to health, I fully agree. But "everybody" (95+%) smokes it so that makes marijuana use on the whole causes harm.

If people accept the consequences of their drugtaking actions, I'd say they can go righ ahead, but to assert that there is no harm whatsoever is cheating yourself and robbing others of the chance of making an informed decision by spreading dangerous misinformation. They go as far as to suggest to someone who's *having* an asthma attack to light up a joint or hit a bong.

My personal belief is that eating (and perhaps vaporizing) cannabis is fairly safe, but that smoking it is not. There are so many cardiovascular and respiratory patients that it isn't immediately obvious, but it is to honest medical researchers who pay close attention.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

#5931000 - 08/04/06 10:23 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kotik said:
Quote:

shamantra said:

in that case, they would be dying from allergies, not from marijuana.

yes of course, i did not mean to imply anything else. The only way cannabis is going to actually kill something is if someone get crused from a ton falling from a plane.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5931005 - 08/04/06 10:26 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The only way cannabis is going to actually kill something is if someone get crused from a ton falling from a plane.

Or by bronchitis caused by chronic marijuana smoking.
Or by heart attack or cancer.
Or by car accidents caused by stoned drivers.

Shamantra, the ton from a plane defense can be just as easily said of tobacco, but with tobacco, alcohol & prescription drugs its perfectly normal to blame the drug, but with marijuana its the fault of anything but the drug. Open your eyes: its not harmless.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Edited by Asante (08/04/06 10:28 AM)

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

#5931137 - 08/04/06 11:16 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i got a bad eyesight :wink: but the cancer thing and bronchitis you can maybe rule out if you dont smoke cannabis but eat it? and driving under the influence of anything is more to blame on recklessness than the actual substance in question either its alcohol or weed or you can say its not the drug but that people are stupid for doing it. is the substance really to blame or the person? i say the person

--------------------

Edited by shamantra (08/04/06 11:19 AM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #5931176 - 08/04/06 11:26 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

shamantra said:
i got a bad eyesight :wink: but the cancer thing and bronchitis you can maybe rule out if you dont smoke cannabis but eat it?

Well, also if you vaporize pot.  I used to smoke and get a cough all the time, persistantly.  Once I started vaporizing, my annoying cough went away entirely.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: MOTH]
    #5931663 - 08/04/06 02:35 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

associated with smoking anything, not just marijuana...

not exactly. it is the THC's effects on the heart that in some people under some conditions can trigger adverse events. It is even considered a possibility that THC itself in any shape or form is a carcinogen.

I acknowledged this, just didn't word it very well...

Quote:

It seems that other than the rare heart problems and risk of stroke, all the dangers seem easily avoidable by vaporizing or eating it.

But I mean they don't even know that smoking weed causes cancer (I believe the big debate lied in the question "does tar cause cancer" although I haven't been following those debates) and correct me if I'm wrong but marijuana is also believe to prevent cancer as well as opening up the airways in the lungs (which wouldn't help much if you smoke it mind you) and they seem to be having trouble conducting tests on people to find a link because a lot of the time their test subjects are or were tobacco users.

As for the mental disorder issue, particularily the schitzophrenia one, I'm glad to see this come up because not enough people are aware of this. I see LOTS of people smoking weed who SHOULD NOT be smoking weed because of the mental risks associated with it. Not eough people are aware that weed CAN contribute to depression, particularily in younger users (I don't believe that weed is a direct cause of the depression,  and that it also has to do with the person's life style and values, which may or may not be linked to their habbit, but I'm willing to accept that it can have a strong influence on it and can make things a lot worse (personal experience)).

I'd say that overall though weed's more damaging than actually dangerous. You're not that likely to suffer any major (major being life threatening or debilitating) consequences. However your lungs WILL feel like shit, and you probably will get more colds. After smoking 2-3 joints/day for 2 months straight my throat constantly felt weird and sometimes hurt to swallow or breath. It went away after awhile. Lately when I've smoked weed it always leaves a tingly feeling in my throat for a day or so. The shroomery should have a contest with a vaporizer as a prize, try to promote their use a little  :smirk:

Hehe, nah, but I do think it would be cool if we could get a couple stickies in the threads or links to articles on the main page about vaporizers. Best drug/health related investment I've ever made and deffinitely think more people should know about them. You don't even need to fork out THAT much money if you compare vaporizers and prices, I've had it since October and while I've started smoking cigarettes socially and still smoke bud on occasion when a vaporizer isn't available and my breathing doesn't have that dirty lung feeling anymore and I've had a lot less airway infections (got bronchitis that lasted a few months, which is better than the previous year of gettting colds or sore throats on an almost (semi)weekly basis)

Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

#5933762 - 08/05/06 04:37 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

High guys, please give me some sources for your claims that marijuana contributes to lung cancer, or any cancer for that matter. I am afraid that in scientific terms this has never been proven. Please don't say things to increase the negative hype agianst our most valuable plant.

Quoted from Jack Herers book The Emporer Wears No Clothes

(More Harmful Than Tobacco

According to the American Lung Association, cigarettes and tobacco smoking related diseases kill more than 430,000 Americans every year. Fifty million Americans smoke, and 3,000 teens start each day. The Berkeley carcinogenic tar studies of the late 1970s concluded that "marijuana is one-and-a-half times more carcinogenic than tobacco."

The Fact:

Not One Documented Case of Cancer

There are lung irritants involved in any smoke. Cannabis smoke causes mild irritation to the large airways of the lungs. Symptoms disappear when smoking is discontinued.

However, unlike tobacco smoke, cannabis smoke does not cause any changes in the small airways, the area where tobacco smoke causes long term and permanent damage. Additionally, a tobacco smoker will smoke 20 to 60 cigarettes a day, while a heavy marijuana smoker may smoke five to seven joints a day, even less when potent high-quality flower tops are available.

While tens of millions of Americans smoke pot regularly, cannabis has never caused a known case of lung cancer as of December 1997, according to America's foremost lung expert, Dr. Donald Tashkin of UCLA. He considers the biggest health risk to the lungs would be a person smoking 16 or more "large" spliffs a day of leaf/bud because of the hypoxia of too much smoke and not enough oxygen.

Tashkin feels there is no danger for anyone to worry about potentiating emphysema "in any way" by the use of marijuana totally the opposite of tobacco.

Cannabis is a complex, highly evolved plant. There are some 400 compounds in its smoke. Of these, 60 are presently known to have therapeutic value.

Cannabis may also be eaten, entirely avoiding the irritating effects of smoke. However, four times more of the active ingredients of smoked cannabis are absorbed by the human body than when the same amount is eaten. And the prohibition inflated price of black market cannabis, combined with harsh penalties for cultivation, prevent most persons from being able to afford the luxury of a less efficient, though healthier, means of ingestion.

Lab Studies Fail to Reflect the Real World

Studies have proven that many of the carcinogens in cannabis can be removed by using a water pipe system. Our government omitted this information and its significance when speaking to the press. At the same time politicians outlawed the sale of water pipes, labeling them "drug paraphernalia.") end quote.

On the mental illness note: Do you know of any research (honest research) that backs up your claim that weed contributes to mental illness? I have been diagnosed Bi-Polar, Manic Depressive, borderline schitzophrenic. And high quality pot is the only medicine that has ever worked for me, and they tried many different drugs and "talk therapys" with me. I'm not saying that this may not be true for some people, but my guess is that it would be extremely rare. If you have info to the contrary (not from a prohibitionist site) please link me. If your theory is based on anectdotal evidence only, then its paper thin. And please don't contribute to the hype.

I am a heavy smoker, 5-7 j's a day. I don't smoke cigs, (although I did for 16 years). My lungs feel fine. I think one of the main lung irritants in commercial weed is MOLD! Fresh, green, high quality herb won't have this problem.

I bought a vaporizer, the BC Vaporizer, its like a globe with a heating element inside it. I don't like it very much and I never use it. I was told that its just a shitty vaporizer and that I would enjoy a different kind. Any suggestions? Less that $500?

Heres a link to Jack Herers book, hope it helps to cut through some of the bullshit.
http://www.jackherer.com/chapters.html

With Perfect Love,

Phungi

--------------------

Edited by phungi (08/05/06 04:40 AM)

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

#5933813 - 08/05/06 06:08 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

volcano vaporizer costs around 500 dollars i think.

--------------------

Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: Funland
    #5933839 - 08/05/06 06:43 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

As functional setup but less costly would be to order only the
Volcano Valve Set + a professional heatgun with adjustable output temperature (Steinel HL2010).
Works.

Offlinetwiggedoubt
twigburst
Male User Gallery

Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: astraalialma]
    #5934541 - 08/05/06 12:59 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

There is no 100% evidence that THC causes cancer, but it hasn't been studied well enough. Also the absence of evidence isn't the evidence of absence. I think the overall point is that marijuana isn't harmless. Even if it doesn't cause cancer, its still a stimulant and it still can cause heart attacks and allergic reactions. If marijuana never killed someone, neither did heroin. This is the same logic as heroin doesn't directly kill you, it causes respiratory depression and you die from lack of oxygen. I think both are misleading.

InvisibleEndlessNameless
Stranger

Loc: Valley of the Sun
    #5935085 - 08/05/06 05:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

passitbobbie said:
I was in the sophmore year of high school at a pre-party in the ghetto.  We are sitting there smokin weedx0r for like 20 minutes and then the party started.  At this point I was just fucked up, things were not right... I never really got the fear and I was just maranoid to hell.  So after talking all hyper and shit to this hot indian girl I liked I excused myself and drove home... paranoid as hell that I would get caught being high by the cops.

I came home and started playing Aliens Vs Predator 2 while smoking black and milds.  All the sudden I look down and my hands are leaving tracers on the keyboard, this is pleasurable.  Afterawhile I flip on a hip-hop radio station, I never listen to hip hop.  The music is very enhanced in a way not like pot.  Eventually I realize that this pleasure and sensation is linked to me not breathing.  Involuntarily I was not breathing and this was rewarding me with these sensations.  Upon realizing this I became quite worried and tried to fight it but couldn't really.  Eventually my vision filled with a mario bros game that had repeating horizontal waves on it.  At this point I proceeded to chase my cat around the house for oxygen and eventually passed out thinking I was surely going to die.  The next day I felt fucking amazing!!! Who knows it coulda been pot or it coulda been laced.

Maybe the "homeboys" you were "kickin' it with in the Ghetto" laced your bud with Sherm... :smile:

Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

#5936185 - 08/06/06 03:49 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

twiggedoubt said:
There is no 100% evidence that THC causes cancer, but it hasn't been studied well enough.  Also the absence of evidence isn't the evidence of absence.  I think the overall point is that marijuana isn't harmless.  Even if it doesn't cause cancer, its still a stimulant and it still can cause heart attacks and allergic reactions.  If marijuana never killed someone, neither did heroin.  This is the same logic as heroin doesn't directly kill you, it causes respiratory depression and you die from lack of oxygen.  I think both are misleading.

Your just kiddin right? I mean please tell me that you are!!!

"if marijuana never killed anybody, neither did heroin." WHAT!!! There you go comparing weed to heroin, just like the prohibitionists. The problem is your full of it. MJ has never killed anyone. If so, documentation please....link me. I am sure that you can't. So if you can not provide some kinda documentation of your claims, then your just spouting off at the mouth. And your statements regarding MJ are misleading.  :boot:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5936214 - 08/06/06 04:39 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

WHAT!!! There you go comparing weed to heroin, just like the prohibitionists.

Looks like you're a fighter for the stoner cause. Instead of getting emotional about the use of the words "heroin" and "weed" in one sentance, try to find out what he meant by that.

Quote:

but it hasn't been studied well enough. Also the absence of evidence isn't the evidence of absence.

Please meditate on it, and then provide us with the thorough scientific research that proves that weed never killed anyone. You are saying that weed is harmless, potentially luring people into using it. So you prove beyond any doubt that it is harmless. And not quoting Mr Herrer who says: "it is harmless" but actual scientific studies conducted on lasrge groups of people.

Quote:

the absence of evidence isn't the evidence of absence.

*highfives Twiggedoubt*

Quote:

your statements regarding MJ are misleading.

They are only misleading if you misread them. All he's saying is that there is no cast-in-stone certainty about the exact dangers of marijuana, and he's right saying that.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinetwiggedoubt
twigburst
Male User Gallery

#5937760 - 08/06/06 05:30 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I was saying that just cause something isn't directly related in the death doesn't mean it isn't responsible. If you had a heart attack from marijuana, you didn't die from just a heart attack, you died from a heart attack induced by marijuana. Just like if you OD from heroin, you die from respitory depression caused from a heroin overdose. Obviously more people die each year from heroin, but even in that case most of the people are either under the influence of heroin and alcohol and/or heroin and benzos. The heroin many times alone wouldn't of killed them, but it did have something to do with the death and is a direct cause. If the guy that had a heart attack while under the influence of marijuana didn't smoke marijuana, he wouldn't of had the heart attack. Therefore, marijuana contributed to his death. Marijuana is a stimulant, and can cause stress which can lead to an even higher heart rate. Marijuana isn't harmless, it is probally a lot safer then most other drugs, but even sugar can kill people. Not to mention the fact that they haven't proven that marijuana doesn't cause cancer, which if is true, will really throw a wrench into the mix. Smoking anything is bad, and I don't see marijuana as an exception. There is not enough evidence to conclude that marijuana never directly killed anyone, which really should sound more like "It has never been proven that marijuana killed any healthy person directly." I am for legalisation, but I think that everyone should have an informed decision about drugs they want to take, and telling people BS like marijuana is harmless is counterproductive. Not to mention people saying that marijuana is safer to drive on then marijuana, which is a totally relative question which depends on the individual, and even if it is true it doesn't make it any safer to drive around stoned. Some people can do it, but some people can drive around drunk too. The point of it is that it slows down your reaction time. Do whatever drugs you want to, just don't hurt anyone. At least thats what I think, which even if most people disagree with me, its more of a harm reduction issue than anything. It is reverse propaganda, which many propot groups use and it isn't helping the cause. I also don't like how groups like NORML seem to think that law enforcement should put more resources on busting "hard drug" dealers, when the drug war is whats fucked, not just the pot laws. It pisses me off.

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #5937908 - 08/06/06 06:24 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

In my opinion, those of you who are adamantly declaring weed to be a health hazard, are being very unrealistic and taking the truth to extremes. Just as twiggedoubt stated, even sugar can be a health hazard. In fact, if you want to speak about cancer, literally everything can be a possible cause of cancer. Your body is constantly under stress from your environment. The air you are breathing and the EMF radiation being released by the CPU in your computer is also increasing your risk of cancer. This risk is an inherent part of our daily lives and there is absolutely no escape from it aside from living in a bubble, and even that offers no guarantee. It is a surprise for me to see marijuana being portrayed this way by veteran members of this board. I understand that you are trying to spread accurate information, but stating the health hazards without the accompanying statistics paints an inaccurate picture.

To wiccan and twigged, based on the amount of deaths directly attributed to weed, what would you say the odds are of a perfectly healthy individual having an adverse reaction which results in a serious health complication? Although I admit that I am no medical professional, statistically I don't see weed as being much of a threat to health at all. The exception being people who have a pre-existing health condition, in which case they should already know to take precautions against using stimulants, weed included.

Let's just try and find a balance between dispersing information and causing unnecessary alarm.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: PowerTrip]
    #5937941 - 08/06/06 06:38 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yes powertrip I second those questions that you pose to our estemed senior board members, and eagerly await the response.

--------------------

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: EndlessNameless]
    #5937967 - 08/06/06 06:47 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EndlessNameless said:
Quote:

passitbobbie said:
I was in the sophmore year of high school at a pre-party in the ghetto.  We are sitting there smokin weedx0r for like 20 minutes and then the party started.  At this point I was just fucked up, things were not right... I never really got the fear and I was just maranoid to hell.  So after talking all hyper and shit to this hot indian girl I liked I excused myself and drove home... paranoid as hell that I would get caught being high by the cops.

I came home and started playing Aliens Vs Predator 2 while smoking black and milds.  All the sudden I look down and my hands are leaving tracers on the keyboard, this is pleasurable.  Afterawhile I flip on a hip-hop radio station, I never listen to hip hop.  The music is very enhanced in a way not like pot.  Eventually I realize that this pleasure and sensation is linked to me not breathing.  Involuntarily I was not breathing and this was rewarding me with these sensations.  Upon realizing this I became quite worried and tried to fight it but couldn't really.  Eventually my vision filled with a mario bros game that had repeating horizontal waves on it.  At this point I proceeded to chase my cat around the house for oxygen and eventually passed out thinking I was surely going to die.  The next day I felt fucking amazing!!! Who knows it coulda been pot or it coulda been laced.

Maybe the "homeboys" you were "kickin' it with in the Ghetto" laced your bud with Sherm... :smile:

There's no possible way weed was laced.

Offlinetwiggedoubt
twigburst
Male User Gallery

Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #5941306 - 08/07/06 04:26 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think anyone that smoked weed would be alarmed by the fact that marijuana can increase the risk of heart attacks with people with bad hearts. Also, we both said that it was rare, but it does happen. All drug deaths are rare, hell even heroin deaths caused by only heroin are less then 1% of the population yearly, considering how many times most users use heroin in each year, which is probally well over 500 times per year, at over 1 million users, thats a 1 in 500,000 chance of a heroin addict ODing from heroin on any time he or she uses heroin. All drugs have risks, but they are mostly overstated, if drugs were as dangerous as the media portrayed them to be, I don't know very many people that would use them. Noone would use a drug that killed half the people that touched it, and if they did they would die out pretty fast. Of course marijuana probally kills a handful of people a year indirectly, either from car accidents and people with health problems. It is very unlikely that you would die from smoking marijuana, but its also very unlikely that your going to drown in the ocean. Its very unlikely that your going to die from a bee sting. The point is that marijuana does have certain risks, no matter how minor they may be. You probally have a better chance of winning the lottery, but if marijuana does end up showing links to cancer, which as stated it hasn't been proven if it dose or doesn't, then it would be much more harmful then people realize. All things have risks, and the deny them is to lie. This isn't to scare people, its a discussion about people failing to provide accurate information to further their cause, and it isn't right. Especially considering that millions of pot smokers believe it, and within those #'s, some people do have bad hearts and mental problems, and blood pressure problems.

Offlinerock0head420
Stranger

#14394642 - 05/03/11 02:10 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Sound's like A combo of dry mouth and throat Happened to me once but I have sleep apnea. If you where allergic to something in the weed you would have felt it sooner. My EX nearly died the first time she smoked her thought swelled up and had be rushed to hospital. Not a good first time.

InvisibleToe_Jam
Bluefoot Bandit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around some corner... Flag
Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: rock0head420]
    #14394665 - 05/03/11 02:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

rock0head420 said:
Sound's like A combo of dry mouth and throat Happened to me once but I have sleep apnea. If you where allergic to something in the weed you would have felt it sooner. My EX nearly died the first time she smoked her thought swelled up and had be rushed to hospital. Not a good first time.

:lmafo:
Way to try and revive a 4 and a half year old thread. Check the dates next time bud.
:oldthread:

--------------------
God lay his finger at the Mouth of the Serpent

March 1984

A pleasing land of drowsy head it was,
Of dreams that wave before the half-shut eye,
And of gay castles in the clouds that pass,
For ever flushing round a summer sky. -Castle of Indolence

OfflineAnthony917
why dont we do it in the road
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #14394678 - 05/03/11 02:18 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

shamantra said:

what the fuck? he had a brain aneurysm :facepalm:

OP that's strange, but definitely doesn't sound related to your smoking. Especially since it didn't hit you until 4:30 in the AM. What time did you smoke the bowl?

Maybe you just got some bad cottonmouth, fell asleep with your mouth open, and your throat was insanely dry.
I dunno man

edit: :crankynoweed: OLD THREAD!

--------------------
Prisoner#1 said: I got my ass kicked by a 9yo when I was 17
Trippin? Click Me

What is life? I'm tired of life...

Edited by Anthony917 (05/03/11 02:19 PM)

InvisibleToe_Jam
Bluefoot Bandit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around some corner... Flag
Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: Anthony917]
    #14394687 - 05/03/11 02:20 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I am the only one that sees that "OP" has 21 post, and the last one was like two years ago? Am I talking to myself here?

--------------------
God lay his finger at the Mouth of the Serpent

March 1984

A pleasing land of drowsy head it was,
Of dreams that wave before the half-shut eye,
And of gay castles in the clouds that pass,
For ever flushing round a summer sky. -Castle of Indolence

Edited by Toe_Jam (05/03/11 02:22 PM)

OfflineNicoCL
Stranger

#14395872 - 05/03/11 06:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

pokalot said:

Exactly the same thing has happened to me about 3 times. I got really scared when it happened but all you can do is hang on untill you start to breathe again, eventually it will happen.

It happened to me in days I smoked before going to bed. I think the cause is your troath gets kind of "sticky" when its dry after smoking, so basically when you fall asleep and this "stickiness" gets in the airway your body sends a natural alarm that will wake you up.

Remeber, it's a GOOD thing that you wake up, our body has it's own natural response to situations like this and it's just your body's job to wake you up when this happens.

It hasn't happened to me in probably 5 or 6 months so I stopped worrying about it, but I got as scared as you when it did.

If it persist, obviously going to the doctor is the best way to go.

Edited by NicoCL (05/03/11 06:32 PM)

InvisibleCactilove
Controversial Mystic
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#14397221 - 05/03/11 10:15 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'd be willing to bet eating fast food and breathing horrible air are probably worse for you because of toxic properties. But nah it's not harmless.

--------------------
Orgone Conclusion...Bringing OTD to PS&P since 2007.

Offlinestepup.stepout
Lurk moar

Re: Almost Died From Marijuana??? [Re: Cactilove]
    #14397498 - 05/03/11 11:01 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I opened this thread expecting something about peanut butter:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals