Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Another marijuana myth? Marijuana cross-breed with poisonous plants to increase the high
    #4384522 - 07/08/05 06:20 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Someone told me this awhile back ago, and I never believed it. He wasn't saying it in a paranoid, anti-marijuana way, but rather that homegrown stuff is better because many marijuana dealers/sellers will allow a poisonous plant to mix with a cannabis plant so that poisonous chemicals seep into the marijuana.

My bullshit detector was ringing off the hook with this one, but I just have to ask; is there any truth to it? I can imagine, hypothetically, that a few dautra leaves added to a blunt would change the high, but the idea of growing two plants together to enhance cannabinoids with poisons is extremely suspect, especially one as unique as marijuana.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: Another marijuana myth? Marijuana cross-breed with poisonous plants to increase the high [Re: Twirling]
    #4384558 - 07/08/05 06:28 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've heard that if plants touch poison sumac, ivy, oak then the toxins can rub off onto the cannabis leaves/buds. This would not increase potency though of course. Stinging Nettle increases the 'essential oils' of some plants when grown together.

Neither of these allow poisonous chems that increase potency to seep into the mj.

--------------------

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: Another marijuana myth? Marijuana cross-breed with poisonous plants to increase the high [Re: Organic]
    #4384696 - 07/08/05 07:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Man I would hate to be the person who smoked Poison Ive Oil..

Ahhhh It Burns!

S

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

InvisiblePsychoChipmunk
Small, Furry, Disturbed

Loc: A hole in your back yard
Re: Another marijuana myth? Marijuana cross-breed with poisonous plants to increase the high [Re: YESSUP]
    #4385298 - 07/08/05 11:10 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Crossbreeding completely different species isn't something that happens much... I mean, otherwise, everytime some freak buggered the neighbor's dog, you'd get some sort of dogboy...

But seriously, if the species are close say, canis lupus (gray wolf) and canis familiaris (domestic dog) then hybrids are possible. Both of these species are in the same genus and somewhat close genetically to start with.

I dunno if there is anything out there close enough to cannabis sativa/indica genetically, that is also toxic, that could be successfully crossbred.

To summarize... sounds like something like anti-mj mythology to me. I could very well be wrong (no degree in plant genetics,) but my gut says BS. My 2 cents.

--------------------
\m/

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Another marijuana myth? Marijuana cross-breed with poisonous plants to increase the high [Re: PsychoChipmunk]
    #4386803 - 07/09/05 02:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PsychoChipmunk said:
Crossbreeding completely different species isn't something that happens much... I mean, otherwise, everytime some freak buggered the neighbor's dog, you'd get some sort of dogboy...

But seriously, if the species are close say, canis lupus (gray wolf) and canis familiaris (domestic dog) then hybrids are possible. Both of these species are in the same genus and somewhat close genetically to start with.

I dunno if there is anything out there close enough to cannabis sativa/indica genetically, that is also toxic, that could be successfully crossbred.

To summarize... sounds like something like anti-mj mythology to me. I could very well be wrong (no degree in plant genetics,) but my gut says BS. My 2 cents.

That's kind of what I figured. Cannabis is in a rather unique genus.

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: Another marijuana myth? Marijuana cross-breed with poisonous plants to increase the high [Re: Twirling]
    #4495454 - 08/04/05 04:08 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Just tell him "no fucking way", then light up a J.  :craven: :rastamon: :smoking: :thirdeyeani:

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: Another marijuana myth? Marijuana cross-breed with poisonous plants to increase the high [Re: Hrethic]
    #4495481 - 08/04/05 04:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i could imagine ivy or oak vining a pot plant and contaming it b/c it digs roots into whatever it grows on but the sumac grows like a tree. i have one in my back yard that is 30 ft. tall. it would suck to smoke though, possibly fatal if one were allergic enough. but one would have to be a big fucking moron to do some dumb shit like that. they would get narced in a second.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Another marijuana myth? Marijuana cross-breed with poisonous plants to increase the high [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4495881 - 08/04/05 06:04 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

If you re talking about actual cross-breeding, then no. That's the stupidest damn thing Ive ever heard. But the Datura potentiating Cannabis mix holds true and is a smoke i enjoy very much. Datura is probably what this person was talking about, since it is considered very poisonous. Datura is also good in combo with tobacco, or with tobacco and Cannabis.

Invisibleroby000
me
 User Gallery

Loc: nazi poland
Re: Another marijuana myth? Marijuana cross-breed with poisonous plants to increase the high [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4533700 - 08/14/05 02:09 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

fuck poison cross breed it with bananas... mmmmm... think about it bananas that get you high. they are both herbs....

--------------------

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: Another marijuana myth? Marijuana cross-breed with poisonous plants to increase the high [Re: roby000]
    #4897502 - 11/05/05 04:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

there are actual experiments where Hops have been grafted onto cannabis and grown into a hybrid, most dealers don't have that sort of technology at hand.

Edited by TheMadConductor (11/05/05 04:29 PM)

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Re: Another marijuana myth? Marijuana cross-breed with poisonous plants to increase the high [Re: ClammyJoe]
    #4897574 - 11/05/05 04:54 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

you can cross breed strains, sativa w/ indica, etc. im not sure exactly how its done, but i know it can be done. one of my ass hat friends is like all paranoid about shit like that. hes like, weed can be laced with shit, and its grown with pesticides! its bad for you! i dont smoke it b/c it kills brain cells! i want to be healthy dude!

he buys into all that crap and is like, dude fuckin stop smokin! ill be like, shut up, douche bag. i've never heard of weed being grown with pestisides. im sure people have done it, and theres been reported cases of bad weed. but i've never had any pestiscided weed. besides, anyone whos selling wouldnt grow with pestiside because it would make bad product, correct? maybe the buds would be larger, but i dont think it would effect potency.

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: Another marijuana myth? Marijuana cross-breed with poisonous plants to increase the high [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #4897715 - 11/05/05 05:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Cross breeding Indica/Sativa/Ruderalis is simply just a matter of pollination, any other crosses have to be done in a bioengeering lab.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience