Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Drug Myths! [Re: gdman]
    #3498886 - 12/14/04 05:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Plus good people who would otherwise be locked up or killed won't have their lives destroyed.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Drug Myths! [Re: gdman]
    #3498917 - 12/14/04 05:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I handed my friend a leftover cup of pedro tea one night.

He later approached me privately and said. "Hey man, mescaline doesn't stay in you right?"

I said, "What man? You mean like for a drug test? Nah, but they don't even test for it."

His reply was, "No I mean, mescaline isn't like acid, where it stays in your body for the rest of your life right?"

heheh

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineThe_Surrealist
Dreamer

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Re: Drug Myths! [Re: onetime]
    #3500410 - 12/14/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Another myth/rumor i heard (somewhat like what that kid Shroom_Herder was arguing with) is that E is bad for your back. Now, I have never seen info on this on sites like erowid, but I half talked to people who said that their back was bothering them the next day. Personally, in the 2 times I have done E, my back has been fine - but maybe the problem increases the longer you do it.

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Drug Myths! [Re: The_Surrealist]
    #3500505 - 12/14/04 09:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, it "drains your spinal fluid"  :rolleyes:  That was disproven a while ago.  As far as your back bothering you, that's probably from dancing, or doing other physical activities while rolling, you'd be sore the next day whether you were on drugs or not.

--------------------

OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

Loc: Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:
Re: Drug Myths! [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6011118 - 08/30/06 09:36 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I've heard a myth that E burns holes in your brain and even read on a website (somewhere, might have been bullshit) that even 30+ years after rolling some people still were showing signs of brain damage in cat scans... Anyone care to shoot this down? it's the only reason I haven't dropped yet.

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: Drug Myths! [Re: ApJunkie]
    #6011148 - 08/30/06 09:51 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ApJunkie said:
I've heard a myth that E burns holes in your brain and even read on a website (somewhere, might have been bullshit) that even 30+ years after rolling some people still were showing signs of brain damage in cat scans... Anyone care to shoot this down? it's the only reason I haven't dropped yet.

Ecstasy does, in fact, cause brain damage. When your brain breaks down the MDMA, it creates H202 as a byproduct. Hydrogen Peroxide is a neurotoxin and also will bleach your hair. This is what kills your brain from ecstasy.

In all honesty, I think E is the worst drug out there as far as it's physical side-effects. I used to do it but finally got out my rut and kicked the shit to the curb. When I hear the line "You don't use drugs, drugs use you" I think of ecstasy.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: Drug Myths! [Re: Cracka_X]
    #6011155 - 08/30/06 09:57 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

They guy I bought shrooms off of warned me that they make your brain bleed, he is a bit of a moron. He doesnt even smoke weed but sometimes he sells it. I dont get it.
Whenever I do that semicolon firefoxes Search thing pops up and I cant do it! Im getting pissed.

OfflineSunshineDaydreem
Midnight Toker

Re: Drug Myths! [Re: Mylz]
    #6012193 - 08/30/06 04:10 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mylz said:
Heh.. Smacked a good couple people for insisting that "shrooms are bad, they make your brain bleed man"... One kid even tried to tell me that "the shrooms make your brain bleed, and the blood drips down from your brain onto your retina, and the blood on your retina is what makes you hallucinate"...

I've heard a variation of this...except it drips onto your spine instead! Must be true then... Oddly enough I heard this from a close friend who is a very (book) smart person... Smartness in one kind of intelligence doesn't imply it in another..meh

I was once told by my mom that this one distant uncle smoked marijuana once. He then moved to the mountains, isolated himself from his family, and shot himself in the head. I broke out laughing.

About the legally insane with acid use thing. Althought this isn't true, legal definitions don't mean shit. If you were "legally" insane, that wouldn't mean that you are actually insane. For example, my friend is legally blind, but he can still see without glasses, just not well. Legally, marijuana is a narcotic. Marijuana is not a narcotic.

MDMA does cause residual cognitive deficits (brain damage is such a broad term that it is pointless to use).

Myth - erowid is infallible - sorry, I love the site, but it would be better to refer people to more scientific literature... People treat erowid like it's the know all and end all, not everyone, but still. It is a great source nonetheless
Take it easy

BTW, completely off-topic, but I just saw the most rediculous thing on TV - my local news stated that some guy (think this is a nation wide thing) was just found guilty of murder and then I heard applause and cheering. WTF? Local news has an audience now?

--------------------
Sunshine daydream
Walk you the tall trees
Going where the wind goes
Blooming like a red rose
Breathing more freely
Light out singing
I'll walk you in the morning sunshine
Sunshine daydream
Walk you in the sunshine

Edited by SunshineDaydreem (08/30/06 04:13 PM)

OfflineMustNotBe
HPPDer
Male User Gallery

Re: Drug Myths! [Re: SunshineDaydreem]
    #6012360 - 08/30/06 04:49 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Crazy Crazy rumors around here. The acid stays with you forever is a classic around here. Along with Mescaline, shrooms, and acid make ur brain hem-ridge.

But when I was going to grow mushies, my friends kept telling me over and over that if I breath in the spores they will grow in my lungs and I'll die. And then after I started, they kept telling me the first two batches are EXTREMELY poisonous and will kill me. lol. So far I proved them both wrong. Sounds like the growers around here like to spread rumors to stop you from growing lol.

--------------------
Junkies United we stand , Devided we're sick as fuck.
-                  -                -
"Hallucinations are something heroin users are not at all accustomed to," said Const. Conor King, Victoria police drug expert. "They react like you or I would react if we took Aspirin and all of a sudden the TV got up and started walking across the room."
-                  -                -
Make drugs legal, or alcohol and tobacco illegal. Either way it's more fair.

OfflineMaryanneNumber
10footalice
Loc: NZ
Re: Drug Myths! [Re: The_Surrealist]
    #6014481 - 08/31/06 03:35 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The_Surrealist said:
Another myth/rumor i heard (somewhat like what that kid Shroom_Herder was arguing with) is that E is bad for your back. Now, I have never seen info on this on sites like erowid, but I half talked to people who said that their back was bothering them the next day. Personally, in the 2 times I have done E, my back has been fine - but maybe the problem increases the longer you do it.

people on e need to stop dancing.

Offlinedampkring
Traveler
Male User Gallery
Loc: Seattle
Re: Drug Myths! [Re: Maverick]
    #6014995 - 08/31/06 10:19 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Not true. your brain floats in CSF, not blood.

--------------------
The poor have to labour in the face of the majestic equality of the law, which forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Existence would be intolerable if we were never to dream.

Anatole France

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: Drug Myths! [Re: MaryanneNumber]
    #6015284 - 08/31/06 12:34 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MaryanneNumber said:

people on e need to stop dancing.

HELL NO!!!! (atleast not till the sun comes up)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags