Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Kava Kava, Kratom, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemonkeyking
Stranger
Marijuana Alternatives
    #3617975 - 01/12/05 02:53 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hey everybody, I wanted to write about my experience with substitutes to marijuana. I recently had to quit smoking because of drug tests :thumbdown: and have been experimenting with other psychoactive plants from various online shops. I realize that nothing will be as good or give me that stony feeling as Marijuana. I'm just looking for something to expand my conscience. So far I've tried herbal smoking blends which are lacking in my judgment, maybe a slight euphoria but nothing like what was advertised. So I'm going to post my experiences on a 1-5 level with 0 being Marijuana and 5 being worthless. I hope some of you can add on.
Hops Flowers:4 Definitely sedative but that's about it, helps you sleep.
Damiana:3 A good euphoria if you drink a glass of the tea and then smoke some.
Kanna:2 A nice spacey feeling, definitely a marijuana-like relaxant, worth a try
Fly Agaric skin: 1 and a half. I am referring to the skin peeled off dry Amanita Muscaria mushrooms and then smoked, definitely psychoactive, lets your mind wander, this is my favorite so far.
Salvia 6x: 1 and a half. (I'm saving 1 for something I've yet to try) Slightly weird, the first time I tried it I wasn't prepared for it and got panicky for a few seconds. Since then I have tried it in smaller doses but feel the high is uncomfortable, However I'm still experimenting.
Blue Lotus Flowers,Skullcap: 4. Little effect, just relaxing that could be a placebo effect.
Calamas Root: Not really in the same category because It gave a stimulating effect a little like caffeine.

Well those are the ones I've tried so far I didn't rate the herbal blends because I think they suck. Anyone else have any other experience or advice? I heard Kratom was pretty good but have yet to try it.

--------------------
"My Fear Is My Only Courage" Bob Marley

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: Marijuana Alternatives [Re: monkeyking]
    #3617996 - 01/12/05 02:58 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

tiny dose of shrooms?

--------------------

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
    #3618032 - 01/12/05 03:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

monkeyking said:
Hey everybody, I wanted to write about my experience with substitutes to marijuana. I recently had to quit smoking because of drug tests :thumbdown: and have been experimenting with other psychoactive plants from various online shops. I realize that nothing will be as good or give me that stony feeling as Marijuana. I'm just looking for something to expand my conscience. So far I've tried herbal smoking blends which are lacking in my judgment, maybe a slight euphoria but nothing like what was advertised. So I'm going to post my experiences on a 1-5 level with 0 being Marijuana and 5 being worthless. I hope some of you can add on.
Hops Flowers:4 Definitely sedative but that's about it, helps you sleep.
Damiana:3 A good euphoria if you drink a glass of the tea and then smoke some.
Kanna:2 A nice spacey feeling, definitely a marijuana-like relaxant, worth a try
Fly Agaric skin: 1 and a half. I am referring to the skin peeled off dry Amanita Muscaria mushrooms and then smoked, definitely psychoactive, lets your mind wander, this is my favorite so far.
Salvia 6x: 1 and a half. (I'm saving 1 for something I've yet to try) Slightly weird, the first time I tried it I wasn't prepared for it and got panicky for a few seconds. Since then I have tried it in smaller doses but feel the high is uncomfortable, However I'm still experimenting.
Blue Lotus Flowers,Skullcap: 4. Little effect, just relaxing that could be a placebo effect.
Calamas Root: Not really in the same category because It gave a stimulating effect a little like caffeine.

Well those are the ones I've tried so far I didn't rate the herbal blends because I think they suck. Anyone else have any other experience or advice? I heard Kratom was pretty good but have yet to try it.

SALVIA IS NOT A CANNABIS SUBSTITUTE!  SALVIA IS A POWERFUL PSYCHADELIC!

Sorry to yell, but really...  Please be careful.

--------------------
delta9

Offlinemonkeyking
Stranger
Re: Marijuana Alternatives [Re: delta9]
    #3618183 - 01/12/05 03:29 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Take it easy delta, I'm a big boy who can take care of himself. I should have been more clear on the title, I was curious about ethnogens, their effects and how they related to Cannabis.
Shizno: I'm working on that buddy, where's the best place to get spore prints from?

--------------------

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #3618318 - 01/12/05 03:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Check the shroomery sponsors for spore prints: http://www.shroomery.org/sponsors.php

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3618871 - 01/12/05 05:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

You should try kava and post your results on here.

Did you smoke all of the stuff that you were experimenting with? Because for many of them, smoking is not the best method for getting psychoactive effects.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineChingChong
Non-OffensiveTalker

Loc: Where the buffalo roam
Re: Marijuana Alternatives [Re: Ravus]
    #3618901 - 01/12/05 05:31 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Try mixing all those "crappy" drugs, thus forming thee ultimate mind blowing substance. :eek:

--------------------
How can one murder enormously if one is microscopic.

Offlinemonkeyking
Stranger
Re: Marijuana Alternatives [Re: ChingChong]
    #3621982 - 01/13/05 03:31 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Ya, I did try smoking them, I also maid teas out of hops, blue lotus flowers, (both tasted terrible, so I mixed them with some peppermint tea, a little better) damiana, and skullcap. I know kanna is sold in gelcaps, so I might try that as well.
Annom: I found the vendor list about 5 minutes after I posted that, thanks though, I should have looked around more.
Ravus: I've heard some good things about kava, my girlfriend has herbal anti-anxiety pills and kava kava is the main ingredient so I am going to try it next time I order.
Ching: Tried it, I wish that's how it worked, those are what the herbal blends I mentioned try to do.
Thanks for taking the time to post :smile:  :devil:

--------------------

OfflineDeviate
    #3622037 - 01/13/05 03:43 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

low dose of shrooms. ive tried wild dagga and salvia and they are nothing like marijuana. the only drug i have tried that has been similar to marijuana is shrooms.

OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

Re: Marijuana Alternatives [Re: Deviate]
    #3622666 - 01/13/05 10:55 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

in my experience blue lotus has reverse tolerance and alone is shitty - mix it with stuff though, looks like it's what it's for

--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
    #3622857 - 01/13/05 12:27 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

monkeyking said:
Take it easy delta, I'm a big boy who can take care of himself. I should have been more clear on the title, I was curious about ethnogens, their effects and how they related to Cannabis.
Shizno: I'm working on that buddy, where's the best place to get spore prints from?

Don't take it so personally. Lots of newbs read General Questions... Do you *really* want some kid that's been smoking marijuana for six months, never tripped, decide, "wow, I can get salvia" and then freak out?

--------------------
delta9

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Kava Kava, Kratom, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience