Home | Community | Message Board

Myco.ca - Spores & Cultivation Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: SHROOMS? A POISON? A new case study by TIM LEA [Re: cheesenoonions]
    #978576 - 10/21/02 02:48 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

what a great thought, psilocybins will evolve to be more potent in order to 'kill us'! i cant wait!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: SHROOMS? A POISON? A new case study by TIM LEARY! [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #978874 - 10/21/02 06:17 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Wheteher you know it or not Tim Leary loved Psilocybian Mushrooms. In fact it was Leary who brought the first mushroom pillls to harvard University from Sandoz laboratories in Basel Switzerland int he late 1960s after haveing eaten 7 specimens of Psiilocybe caerulescens catherered by an old shaman women name Crazy Juana. IT was an associate of Leary';s named Frank baron who wrought the shrooms to Leary at his villa in Cuernavaca, Mexico and then Leary and Richard Alpeert (Baba Ram Dass) returned to Harvard and informed all of their friends of the miracle he experienced in Mexico, thus leading to his ordering 100 tablets which he used up in one whole weekend at his home amongst friends. Leary believed that he should try them out on himself and his friends before he applied for permission to use them on Prisoners at the conconrd State Massachussets Reformatory for men, where LSD and Mescaline and placebo were also used.

Within two years of Leary;s first mushroom experience he had turned on over five hundred people to psilocybian mushrooms and the pills which he had continously ordered from sandoz in La suisse.

And for a couple of years he was very much afraid to even try LSD. He always beliue3ved that it was the CIA who brought him into the acid experience.

Anyway, strange title for a post.

mj

Oh yes, any substance can be toxic at a given dose.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: SHROOMS? A POISON? A new case study by TIM LEARY! [Re: TinMan]
    #978889 - 10/21/02 06:23 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

To the Invizable man, many animals love and eat psilocybian mushrooms from biirds to snails and slugs to cows in the pastures who chew them in their cuds as they dangle from their mouths while eating tall grases withich harbor long stringy species of Copelandia. Squirrels love Amanita muscaria as do reindeer. In fact their are actual reports of reindeers attacking and killing humans who are intoxicated on Amanita muscaria and who are taking a leak in the woods.

The deer can smell the shroom urine from half a mile a way. The drinking of the urine mixed with shrooms can be found recorded inthe Rig Veda the Vedic Hymns of the Aryan race.

Also Rats, cockroaches, ants and termites also love to eat psilocybian mushrooms and as usual you can see squirrels around the Seattle area where there aee gnawed amanita shrooms and the squirrells love to romp and stomp and play while under their influence.
Horses have also been known to eat aminta muscaria, so where evr you got this idea that they are poisonous to animals is in fact miscorrect.

Have a shroomy trip.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: SHROOMS? A POISON? A new case study by TIM LEARY! [Re: aural]
    #978914 - 10/21/02 06:34 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Aural, that statement makes no sense.

AThe domestication of animals have nothing to do with the domestication of psilocybe cubensis.

In fact there were mushrooms in all manure of four-legged ruminants ever since they existed.

How do you think early primitive mankibnd found the mushrooms they learned to eat. They were hungry and would follow the large herds of undomesticated mammals such as the wooly mammoth, the water buffalo, the oxen, the deer etc. How did they folow these animals, these early food-hunter gatherers? By following the manure trails they left behind. Thus they found the mushrooms. And P. cubensis is not from Cuba, it is of Asian Origin and was originally named Striopharia cubensis by a mycologist named Earle who collected the first foundt recorded specimens in Cuba.in 1904

Two years later it was discovered in Tonkin (North Viet-Nam)by Patouillaird who named it Naematoloma caerulescens, and later a few years after another mycologists called it Stropharia caerulescens

Anyway, Thee ae only about two and a half dozen mushrooms which grow in manure which have psilocine and/or psilocybine in them and another 160 or more which grow in deciduous woods and or in pastureland soil or among dcayed leaved, twigs, woodchips and barkmulch so the fact that a few grow in manure has no baring on the fact that there are over two 14 psychoactive mushroom species world wide and only a small portion are from manure.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: SHROOMS? A POISON? A new case study by TIM LEARY! [Re: trendal]
    #978918 - 10/21/02 06:37 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Hey Trendal, Dmt was created in a laboratory in the early 1950s after its association with serotonine and the fact that it was related to the discovery of psilocine and psilocyb8ine.

Now it is known to occur naturally in over 400 plants worldwide.. Including recent discoveries my Dr. Michael Smith of the University of Natal in Pretoria, South Africa who found DMT present in three varieties of edible seaweed found off the coast of Madagascar.

mj

OfflineSka_mad_hatter
CT Trips

Loc: Cheshire Connecticut
    #979436 - 10/21/02 11:18 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

1) leary loved the mushroom way before he even heard the letters LSD

1) there is a certain monley that rubs a lizard on his body to trip. ANd they all do it for fun FACT!

--------------------
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always
worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson

Offlineaural
Hola Amigos!
Loc: The Desert In The Spring
Re: SHROOMS? A POISON? A new case study by TIM LEARY! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #979476 - 10/21/02 11:34 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

In reply to:

Aural, that statement makes no sense.

mj-it makes perfect sense.

I'm talking about DOMESTICATION, not "hunter-gathering".As in purposfull selective breeding.Your post had nothing to do with that topic.

But I'm not trying to start an argument.Just proposing that if people think mushrooms are going to evolve to protect themselves,why wouldn't other plants and animals that humans have been even more involved with?

Offlinespliffguru
guru of spliffs

Re: SHROOMS? A POISON? A new case study by TIM LEARY! [Re: Xlea321]
    #979940 - 10/21/02 03:30 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

The suggestion of monkeys eating mushrooms, reminds me of a study I read the other day in a book in my school library about LSD. It said when they were first testing the effects of LSD, they had given it to chimpanzee's and watched how it interracted in it's environment. What it did was confuse the other chimps, and excluded itself from their society. Proposing that if all the chimps were to take LSD, or shrooms in this case, I'm positive it would produce interesting results....anyone have a monkey they want to donate to science?  :tongue:

The study also showed that spiders at low does of LSD would weave intricate webs, and on higher doses wouldn't weave at all.

--------------------
There was a point to this message, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: SHROOMS? A POISON? A new case study by TIM LEARY! [Re: spliffguru]
    #979958 - 10/21/02 03:36 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Peter De Witt wrote several papers on the administration of LSD, Mescaline and psilocybine to spiders. They found that the spider who wove the most perfectly semetrical web was the spider who consumed the mushrooms.

And by the way the first animal studies involving hallucinogenic mushrooms was in the early 1917's by Michael Levine who fed Panaeolus venonosus extracts to frogs, cats, dogs, turtles, and other laboratory animals.

mj

Of course the animal could not give a human response as to what was happening to him and so the research was placed on the laboratory shelf until the middle 1950s when Albert Hofmann also attemptemed to fo the same. Until he decided that the only eay he could find out what was happening was that he himslf would try the mushrooms. thuse leading him to realize that they worked onthe same part of the brain that LSD did and so he extracted and then later synthesized the chemicals of psilocine/psilocybine.

mj

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #16915683 - 09/26/12 06:54 PM (9 years, 29 days ago)

Maybe the mushrooms gave us our intelligence and knew if they made an animal intelligent, they'd cultivate them and make them spread everywhere, thus making them one of the most popular mushrooms around.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: SHROOMS? A POISON? A new case study by TIM LEARY! [Re: Mad Season]
    #16915690 - 09/26/12 06:55 PM (9 years, 29 days ago)

Lol oh shit bumped an old thread. My bad.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds