Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Zinedine Zidane is the Man
    #5840414 -

As I noted in another post, hats off to Zizou for doing that which I've been fantasizing about doing to an Italian player throughout this entire tournament: giving one of them a "real" reason to fall down.

Finally, we got to see an Italian hit the ground and it wasn't a dive!

Regardless of what happened, Zizou will still be remembered as a hero and one of the greatest players to have played the game. Football will miss him, France will miss him and his fans will miss him.

It's unfortunate some "people" have to resort to racism in order to gain any advantage they can. If you all remember, in 1998 Zidane stomped on a Saudi Arabian players chest after the Saudi player made viscous racist remarks to Zidane.

I have no doubt, and I'm sure we'll discover over the next week or so, that the Italian player, Materazzi, did the same thing here.

I should add that I don't think this excuses his behavior. At that level, he should know better ... especially in the World Cup Final with his entire country looking to him as a leader.

Alls I'm saying is, in my eyes, it won't tarnish his reputation in the least. Can't say the same for Italy though.

Edited by Ngalyod (07/09/06 09:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: Ngalyod]
    #5840430 -

Quote:
viscous racist remarks to Zidane




I'd be pissed to if someone made viscous comments towards me....  :smirk:


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #5840498 -

As I added, it doesn't excuse his behavior. But I can certainly see where it came from. If you can't then that's fine. Zidane is of Algerian background, who are often treated as second class citizens in France.

I just don't think his entire 20 year career/reputation should be destroyed by 15 seconds.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: Ngalyod]
    #5840931 -

fuck man... that's some weak-ass shit right there... if only zidane could prove it...

i was wondering the whole time what materazzi could have said to him in order to get such a reaction, and a racial comment about sums the whole situation up...

then again, i agree, zidane should not let himself be provoced like that... especially not in his last game...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: In(di)go]
    #5841025 -

Yeah man, exact same thing happened with that Saudi player. The Saudi kept making racist remarks and he just snapped.

Zidane must be really sensitive about it (I assume that's from a lifetime of being given shit) and it's apparently the only thing that can set him off like that.

As soon as I saw it happen and they played the replay and you could see Materazzi talking the whole time, I got the feeling that's what was going down. 



IMHO Zidane should have finished Materazzi off. Imagine Zizou just kickin' back on the pitch, legs crossed, drinking blood from Materazzi's severed head.  :shocked:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: Ngalyod]
    #5841110 -

When I saw that headbutt live I was like "I love this game!"

That was hilarious. Despite the fact that poetically the Italians deserved it, it is unfortunate because he'll always be remembered for that moment - the guy who completely lost it after losing it. Not exactly the best way you want to end your career, losing the World Cup and then committing felonious assault on the other team.

I hope the next World Cup is officiated alot better. I just got interested in soccer with the World Cup this year, but this diving bullshit nearly turned me off completely.


--------------------


"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: Basilides]
    #5841118 -

Basilides said:
Despite the fact that poetically the Italians deserved it, it is unfortunate because he'll always be remembered for that moment



I think that's what hurt the most. 15 years to build a reputation and 15 seconds to destroy it. Amazing, really.

Basilides said:
I just got interested in soccer with the World Cup this year, but this diving bullshit nearly turned me off completely.



Good stuff man. I hope you continue to enjoy it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: Ngalyod]
    #5841165 -

It's kinda like Todd Bertuzzi in the NHL... the guy's a great player, but when you look at him now everyone just sees Steve Moore in a coma.

The media might remember Zidane for the headbutt, but his fans will remember him for his career, and eventually leading France into the battle of all athletic battles.

I can't wait till the next one though. I felt highly globalized getting into the World Cup even though I understand little about the game. Shit, since the next one is in South Africa in 2010, I might even have enough dough to go down there.


--------------------


"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: In(di)go]
    #5841423 -

In(di)go said:
i was wondering the whole time what materazzi could have said to him in order to get such a reaction, and a racial comment about sums the whole situation up...




that, or materazzi talked about his mom. he loves his mom alot. :smirk:

zidane still got elected best player of the world cup! i called this one, but everyone thought that the best player had to be part of the winning team.

the french aren't mad at him for what he did, he's only a man after all. everyone's waiting for a comment from him on what happened. i don't know if he's going to tell on materazzi though, what really happened is probably going to stay within the closed circle of professional soccer players.

very hardcore nonetheless :thumbup: like someone else said, i'm very glad that for once an italian fell to the ground without faking it :grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: exclusive58]
    #5841432 -

The world cup videogame wont let me fake an injury :sad:


--------------------


"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: Basilides]
    #5841656 -

i bet there are tens of vertions going on through the net by now... probably more then hello.jpg :tongue:



--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: Simisu]
    #5841665 -

here's a better  [url=
:tongue:


--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: Simisu]
    #5841685 -

hah

I think history will sympathize with Zidane in the long run. The 2006 World Cup is going to be one of the more controversial ones with all the diving, cheating and racism accumulating into a mid-tourny scandal.


--------------------


"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: Simisu]
    #5842097 -

Simisu said:




lolz


--------------------
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Rapture.
-  Andrew Ryan

Formula: 0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: Pat Bateman, VP]
    #5842168 -

I le magnifique said:
Simisu said:




lolz



I'm glad I saw that live on TV. That will be remembered for decades to come


--------------------


"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: Basilides]
    #5842518 -

Everyone in the pub I was in cheered.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: Thin White Duke]
    #5842760 -

update:
so apparently, some sources say that materazzi called zidane a "fuckin terrorist" (although alot has probably been lost in translation), and the association SOS Racism demands that the FIFA starts an investigation on zidane's expulsion given that this constitutes a racist comment and that the FIFA has commited itself to fight against racism during this world cup.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: Basilides]
    #5842849 -

Basilides said:
hah

I think history will sympathize with Zidane in the long run. The 2006 World Cup is going to be one of the more controversial ones with all the diving, cheating and racism accumulating into a mid-tourny scandal.



I will take this in small chunks.

The diving throughout was atrocious. There has to be a penalty for diving. Of the teams I saw 2 qualify for the high board, Portugal and France. Italy nowhere near the frogs.

Cheating? There is a big problem with there being only one referee for such an enormous space with so many players operating at such speed. I don't know if any of you saw it but Matarezzi (sp?) was holding the guy in front of him down when he scored the goal. But that has always gone on. It is part of the game, the clutch and grab and surreptitious trip. And the behind the ref's back foul to instigate a retaliation that will be seen (that's what I think Z was doing but maybe he IS just a fucking idiot).

Racism? I have no fucking idea. If that pansy hasn't become inured to it after all his years in France he is clearly anencephalic. If I could get the best player on the other team (and he wasn't that day anyway, Ribery was) so fucking nuts that he would get himself thrown out by calling him a nigger, I'd be following him all day going nigger, nigger, nigger. The asshole is either stupid or he got too cute. My guess is he got too cute, got caught and is spinning some bullshit (which I haven't heard anyway).


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5843014 -

Zidane wins vote for adidas Golden Ball

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060710/1/8rik.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zinedine Zidane is the Man [Re: Thin White Duke]
    #5843697 -

Source: Times Online

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,28783-2263995,00.html

With many conflicting versions of events circling on the internet and in the world’s media, The Times enlisted the help of an expert lip reader, Jessica Rees, to determine the precise nature of the dialogue that caused Zidane to react in such a manner.

After an exhaustive study of the match video, and with the help of an Italian translator, Rees claimed that Materazzi called Zidane “the son of a terrorist whore” before adding “so just f*** off” for good measure, supporting the natural assumption that the Frenchman must have been grievously insulted.

As the son of two Algerian immigrants, the 34-year-old is proud of his North African roots, dedicating France’s 1998 World Cup win to “all Algerians who are proud of their flag and all those who have made sacrifices for their family but who have never abandoned their own culture”, so such a slur would certainly explain, if not justify, his violent response.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Not to sound like a racist myself, but that fucken Greaseball  :mad:. The Italians would have known about Zidane's temper and how defensive he can become about his roots.

Zidane can, at least, as a human being hold his head high. Unlike that scum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Zinedine Zidane
( 1 2 all )
11nova 1,508 22 05/29/13 08:09 PM
by zappaisgod
* so, wtf was zidane thinking?
( 1 2 all )
Pat Bateman, VP 3,236 21 07/10/06 01:07 AM
by MckennaManiac420
* This might be a bit off topic Basilides 490 2 07/15/06 04:07 PM
by Basilides
* World Cup 2006
( 1 2 3 4 ... 25 26 )
Thin White Duke 28,497 514 07/18/06 10:12 AM
by In(di)go
* World Cup 2014
( 1 2 3 4 ... 38 39 )
KillerPicklez 31,113 768 07/15/14 02:35 PM
by elax420
* NFL 2015-2016
( 1 2 3 4 ... 363 364 )
shLong 169,064 7,268 03/09/16 06:17 PM
by psilocybinjunkie
* 2006 FIFA World Cup (ps2)
( 1 2 all )
Basilides 3,904 34 07/14/06 04:26 PM
by Basilides
* Tour De France Winner Flunks Drug Test zappaisgod 871 5 07/27/06 11:27 AM
by Cowgold

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
3,439 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 25 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.