Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
Beginner Questions. (help) :)
    #580167 - 03/15/02 11:26 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Just a few things:

First of all is the issue of keeping the colonizing jars warm. I've read the PF-Tek guide for dummies which suggest using an aquarium heater. It looked pretty good, but I'm worried of alerting my flatmate to my activities. Do aquarium heaters make any noise? Are there other alternatives? Preferably lo-tech?

Second is a question on birthing. Once the mycelium has fully covered the jar, I have to start exposing it to indirect sunlight - just a few hours a day. Is this correct?

Once the pins have started forming, can I stop exposing them to sunlight? Again, it's the flatmate problem. I can't have a heap of psychoactive mushrooms growing all over my room! :laugh:  Once the pins start forming, will they continue to grow if I put the cakes in a dark closet? Also, once the pins start forming, do they still need to be kept warm, or can I just leave them at room temperature from then on? (20 - 27 deg C during the day, falling considerabley at night)

Any other tips considering the flatmate problem? (that don't involve lethal weapons)

Thanks for taking the time to answer all my newbie questions!!! 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
Re: Beginner Questions. (help) :) [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #580177 - 03/15/02 11:33 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

aquarium heaters make no noise-
i birth strait into my terrarium-on a 12/12 light cycle-but the cycle really dont matter-
i leave light on until i harvest to insure strait growth-
my terrarium is at room temp-it falls at night too-about 6 degrees-

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
Re: Beginner Questions. (help) :) [Re: GaNjAShRooM]
    #580219 - 03/16/02 12:39 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for that.

So do I need light once the pinning has begun, or is light only needed if you want them to grow straight? Once pinning has begun is it possible to leave them to grow in complete darkness?

Offlinehappygrins
addict

Loc: Shroomery
Re: Beginner Questions. (help) :) [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #580226 - 03/16/02 12:54 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

>Once pinning has begun is it possible to leave them to grow in complete darkness?

--- Yes .. They may not grow straight up, but they'll grow..

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Beginner Questions. (help) :) [Re: GaNjAShRooM]
    #580228 - 03/16/02 12:56 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

The heater you are talking about are noiseless and use very little power so wont effect your power bills.
Indirect light is more than enough - my shrooms always grow tall and straight with indirect light alone

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck