Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Aquarium Heater, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Portland, OR
BeGiNNeR QueSTioNS
    #1323649 - 02/21/03 03:37 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

hey!! wuts up everybody.

i just got a GT syringe yeseterday!!!! this will be my first time growing and tripping!!! i want my first trip to be off of the fruits of my labor :smile:  i know how to do the BRF cakes but ive run across a few problems:

1) i have no pressure cooker , are there any other ways to sterilize?
2) i dont know how to keep the temp. at 80F for incubation, its cold here in oklahoma!!!
3) can i keep the humidity up by spraying the inside of my terrarium??
4) how do i keep the temp. up in my terrarium for fruiting???

as you can see i have a lot of problems but im determined to work it out!!
any suggestions????

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepillsbury420
psychedelicscientist

Re: BeGiNNeR QueSTioNS [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #1323656 - 02/21/03 03:44 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Well, first off.. read the FAQ.. it answers all those questions..  I'm on my first grow right now.. GT being one of the strains... fast colonizers!

1) Boil them in a big pot for an hour.. keep the heat low so the jars don't crack.. also put like a towel on the bottom of the pot to make sure they don't crack
2) Make an incubator... take a rubbermaid container.. put some water in it.. put a fish tank heater in there.. then put another rubbermaid container inside of that.. the heated water will cover the sides of the rubbermaid container and keep it warm.. put a themometer on the inside and adjust the heat accordingly.
3) yes.. but if you are growing cakes.. line the bottom with wet Perlite
4) i suppose some type of heating pad or maybe fishtank heater inside a jar of water..

but once again... read the forums.. read the FAQ.. you'll learn a lot.  good luck!  :grin:   

--------------------
The day you were born, you were born free. That is your privilege.

I forgot to remember.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: BeGiNNeR QueSTioNS [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #1323659 - 02/21/03 03:45 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

1. Steam your jars, a friend of mine has done it with considerable success, he used a vegetable steamer and did three drinking glasses of pf and covered with heavy duty foil.
2.If you bought jars then you can use the box they came in as a sort of poor mans incubator, spray the inside liberally (soak) with lysol and line the whole lot with aluminum foil (shiny side out) then stash the box in a warm part of your house, my friend puts his box next to his furnace in the basement (not on it, just in its vicinity where its slightly warmer than roome temp).
3.not successfully, use a shallow layer of damp perlite, not a lot of maintenance.
4.aquarium heater, but my friend has casings in his terrarim without any heater of any kind and has had tremendous success, just place your fruiting chamber in a warm place in your house, or u can use a warm flourenscent light.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Aquarium Heater, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation