Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Movies NOT to watch while tripping
    #5799779 -

Hey, some people actually enjoy these types of movies to which it is absolutely not recommended to watch under the influence of psychedelics.

So besides the most obvious and most classic anti-tripping movie, Requiem for a Dream, which one is yuor favorite movie that you wouldn't want to see when tripping?

Mine is called "Irreversible", with beauteous Monica Bellucci and daddy Vincent Cassel. Its an amazingly realistic movie which starts with the end of the story and ends with the beginning, about a woman who is raped and her husband who seeks revenge.

The rape scene people, the rape scene...it lasts about ten minutes and its so fucking hard to watch, you just feel so bad after the movie.

Its also probably the gorest movie i've ever seen, and not because there's a ton of blood, but because its so realistic.

But at the same time, its a very good movie, I definitely recommend it to you sober people  :grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping *DELETED* [Re: exclusive58]
    #5799795 -

Post deleted by dunnen

Reason for deletion: a


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping [Re: anonymous123]
    #5799805 -

lol

i just found out that Newsweek stated that irreversible was the most walked out of movie of the year in 2002! lol
not surprised at all


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping [Re: exclusive58]
    #5799925 -

im gonna go out on a limb here, but I think The Passion of Christ would be up there in the top 10 worst trip movies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping [Re: exclusive58]
    #5799957 -

jacobs ladder

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping [Re: exclusive58]
    #5799965 -

exclusive58 said:
So besides the most obvious and most classic anti-tripping movie, Requiem for a Dream, which one is yuor favorite movie that you wouldn't want to see when tripping?



Um, while I agree I wouldn't watch Requiem while tripping I don't think Requiem is at all anti-tripping. Nor is it at all anti-drug. It's quite quite clear that the antagonist in the film isn't drugs, it's addiction. It's a cautionary tale, it's not anti-anything.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5799989 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Um, while I agree I wouldn't watch Requiem while tripping I don't think Requiem is at all anti-tripping. Nor is it at all anti-drug. It's quite quite clear that the antagonist in the film isn't drugs, it's addiction. It's a cautionary tale, it's not anti-anything.



I don't think he's talking about the message of the movie. I think he's just referring to how completely and utterly disturbing that movie is.

Anyway, I'd like to add Fargo to the list.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping [Re: exclusive58]
    #5800007 -

Is this by any chance inspired by the "Can't think of a good movie to watch while tripping?" thread in MA&L?

I find some heavy gore-based psycholgical horror fucks me up quite a bit...I saw something shit recently called "Where the hills have eyes" which was dreadful and not really scary but just left you feeling QUITE EMPTY INSIDE.


--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping [Re: exclusive58]
    #5800024 -

exclusive58 said:
Hey, some people actually enjoy these types of movies to which it is absolutely not recommended to watch under the influence of psychedelics.

So besides the most obvious and most classic anti-tripping movie, Requiem for a Dream, which one is yuor favorite movie that you wouldn't want to see when tripping?

Mine is called "Irreversible", with beauteous Monica Bellucci and daddy Vincent Cassel. Its an amazingly realistic movie which starts with the end of the story and ends with the beginning, about a woman who is raped and her husband who seeks revenge.

The rape scene people, the rape scene...it lasts about ten minutes and its so fucking hard to watch, you just feel so bad after the movie.

Its also probably the gorest movie i've ever seen, and not because there's a ton of blood, but because its so realistic.

But at the same time, its a very good movie, I definitely recommend it to you sober people  :grin:



shit... i've seen that one!
never from the start though... and yeah gotta be one of the hardest movies i've ever watched!


--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping [Re: exclusive58]
    #5800086 -

I'd think The Ring and The Shining might be too much for me.
Also A Clockwork Orange, although this movie might be strangely entertaining.
1984, that book/movie is so depressing.
Lilja 4-ever, that movie was so hard and heartbreaking to watch while sober, can't imagine it while tripping.
Must be tons more that I can't recall atm


--------------------
futuretribe.space

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping [Re: cybrbeast]
    #5800162 -

Probably... Saw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping [Re: Disco Cat]
    #5800215 -

Disco Cat said:
Probably... Saw



Fuck that. Saw 2 is so intensly gross I had to look away.. for example when that former drug addict gets thrown into a pit of dirty used syringes by the hench black guy, and arches her back in agony with needles sticking out.

That kinda scarred me for life. Much more fucked up than saw.


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping [Re: cybrbeast]
    #5800220 -

cybrbeast said:
The Shining might be too much for me.




No way man! The Shining is on my all time top trip movies. Its great! The cinematography is amazing as with all Kubrick movies. The music score is equally amazing. So much eye candy in this film. It is kind of a dark trip but it is by far one of my favorites. I think you should give it a try. You might be pleasantly surprised!


--------------------
ToiletDuk said:
For the record, I would show you my butthole but you would fall down and worship it as a God and you would give up everything to roam the land converting the heathens by fire and sword. Millions would die. No, no the cost is too great. I cannot.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping [Re: TrippinTeddy]
    #5800225 -

Oh and a movie not to watch.. I would say Wrong Turn. Its so brutal man.. the part when the girl is on the table still alive getting chopped up is way too much to take. Also Faces Of Death might not be a smart choice


--------------------
ToiletDuk said:
For the record, I would show you my butthole but you would fall down and worship it as a God and you would give up everything to roam the land converting the heathens by fire and sword. Millions would die. No, no the cost is too great. I cannot.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping [Re: Cepheus]
    #5800229 -

I actually thought Saw II was kinda lame compared to Saw. The story and characters were ridiculous compared to Saw. I had no sympathy for the stars and couldn't care about their deaths. Also I thought Saw was scarier.


--------------------
futuretribe.space

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping [Re: cybrbeast]
    #5800282 -

Half the shit listed is my favorite trip material. (shinning, clockwork, requiem)

What the hell do you guys watch?! Dazed and Confused and Scooby Doo? Not that I haven't watched that stuff but, fuck...

The one thing I can recall watching that was just so wrong for the trip was "Johnny Got His Gun" which is about as terrible as it gets.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping [Re: debianlinux]
    #5800298 -

Pink Floyd The Wall is another movie not for tripping.

IF I watch a movie while tripping it's something colorful and visually stunning, Waking Life, Shrek, Koyaanisqatsi, Baraka, Fantasia, Labyrinth etc..


--------------------
futuretribe.space

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping [Re: cybrbeast]
    #5800327 -

I like colorful and visually stunning. In fact, I have seen every single movie listed in this thread whilst tripping. I think The Shining, Natural Born Killers, A Clockwork Orange and Baraka hold the most trip viewings with The Shining probably running around 40 viewings and Baraka around 10.

My wife, runs the same gamut as myself but she also prefers some musicals like Fun and Fancy Free and The Sound of Music, which now that I think of it, is what I would place on the NOT to watch list.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping [Re: debianlinux]
    #5800336 -

Fantasia 2000 or even just the original would have to be the best trip movie ever...

but the worst?

Bad Boy Bubby (The Australian version by Rolf de Heer) it's one fucked up movie

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Movies NOT to watch while tripping [Re: debianlinux]
    #5800342 -

debianlinux said:
I like colorful and visually stunning. In fact, I have seen every single movie listed in this thread whilst tripping. I think The Shining, Natural Born Killers, A Clockwork Orange and Baraka hold the most trip viewings with The Shining probably running around 40 viewings and Baraka around 10.
I would place on the NOT to watch list.




I'm with you man... almost all Kubrick films are good trips. I also love Pink Floyd the wall while tripping.

debianlinux you said you have seen every movie on this thread while tripping? How was Faces of Death?


--------------------
ToiletDuk said:
For the record, I would show you my butthole but you would fall down and worship it as a God and you would give up everything to roam the land converting the heathens by fire and sword. Millions would die. No, no the cost is too great. I cannot.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Thought Loops on Solo Trips Ashtray161 714 19 05/06/21 08:27 PM
by ShroomedOcean
* rate the last movie/series u watched
( 1 2 3 4 ... 36 37 )
zZZz 18,161 721 05/25/21 07:12 AM
by Psyche delics
* Discord Movie Night Week #44 SARAtonin 131 0 05/04/21 02:00 PM
by SARAtonin
* Tripping, money, and other pocket things.
( 1 2 all )
Flux 3,359 30 12/12/05 08:49 PM
by nookjohn
* Anybody here ever see a snuff film?
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 5,334 47 02/20/05 04:48 PM
by downforpot
* Movie mess ups four20snakeman 819 4 12/27/03 04:12 AM
by four20snakeman
* Most Disturbing Movie Ever
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
kosmic_charlie 19,816 155 09/23/24 06:57 PM
by TrancedOutBrah
* Need a suggestion for a movie to rent.
( 1 2 all )
Remy 7,913 37 10/27/02 12:24 AM
by In(di)go

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,878 topic views. 0 members, 21 guests and 120 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.