Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Where Does Erased Information Go?
    #5747299 - 06/13/06 08:43 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Consider an original poem written on a chalkboard.

If it is erased (and for the nit pickers: the author cannot remember it), does the information continue to exist in some metaphysical sense or does it vanish entirely from the universe?

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: Where Does Erased Information Go? [Re: Diploid]
    #5747331 - 06/13/06 08:57 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

What information? The chalk blends back into the board. Where does the information come in?

--------------------

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5747335 - 06/13/06 08:57 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

The information goes to the same place missing socks goto at the launderette.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #5747358 - 06/13/06 09:04 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

down the drain?

perhaps to a different octive, frequency or wavelength of reality than they one we are currently connected to?

or perhaps it just becomes nothing.

but there are a lot of savers. For instance, the monk who hid the gnostic texts when the roman government ordered them all burned.

if information is important to someone or anyone, someone probably saved it somewhere. We can save the dead by preserving their legacies and keeping their memories alive in our minds.

But, according to my own beliefs (and yes, this is a leap of faith), nothing is ever destroyed, and those people and things who leave this world do not cease to exist, but simply continue existing elsewhere.

Then again, some things deserve to be destroyed and erased from existence. Hitler, for instance. It grinds my gears to think he might still exist in some form somewhere, even if he exists as something humiliating like a cat's litterbox or something.

I believe that God does have a delete key, but I also believe that that key only works on those who deserve deletion. Justice is a chack to God's power, and one he installed himself, to keep from making mistakes and losing important things forever.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #5747398 - 06/13/06 09:17 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

It's all there in infinity.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #5747399 - 06/13/06 09:17 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

A related question:

In the movie Total Recall, there exists a machine that can implant the memory of a great vacation into a person's head for a fraction of the cost of the actual vacation.

If the machine memory of a vacation were in fact TOTALLY INDISTINGUISHABLE from an actual memory of a vacation, then is there any difference between a person with an implanted vacation memory and a person with a physical vacation memory a week after the fact?

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

Edited by Diploid (06/13/06 09:34 PM)

OfflineTelepylus
Babyman
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: Where Does Erased Information Go? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #5747436 - 06/13/06 09:27 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

every thought and action is etched upon the whole of all.

everything begins and ends at precisely the perfect moment in time and space.

everything happening inbetween the beginning and ending is not so precise. and that is us... we are InFormation.
The cells, the dna, it's just a package of Information, that finally manifests on a higher level as an organism.

like the atoms with the molecules of the dna too
they are just packages of information which unite, to lose themselves into becoming a Third Thing, a higher more complex level.

Information, is in formation between to levels
Information is the love or communication of energies between.
what this means is, the existence of the Molecule relies upon both the atoms it is made of, and the dna level above that it comprendeth not.
(lol)

What moves between is Information
which can become knowledge and wisdom over time

can it vanish from the universe?
the answer is no.
every speck of the universe is a perfect replica of itself, and contains in itself all the inherent geometries of an eternity of mutating universes.

and moreover,
all information or knowledge or wisdom that can be conceived of is drawn directly from that source, that is love in formation, inside every speck of the universe.

--------------------

Law of Love

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: Where Does Erased Information Go? [Re: Icelander]
    #5747443 - 06/13/06 09:28 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
It's all there in infinity.

true. the source never changes

but when infinity operates within the paremeters of time and space, it almost never produces the same thing twice.

thus, if something unique within space and time is lost, it is usually lost to space and time forever.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5747790 - 06/13/06 11:00 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

The only difference I can see, which seems entirely too obvious for me to point out, but I shall point away anyway, is that the vacation never REALLY happened. In other words, people besides the vacationer would not be effected by this implanted memory. The only bit of reality that was effected was the vacationers mind, but to the vacationer the 'real' memory and the 'fake' one would probably be identical. I hope I am explaining myself clearly...

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #5747811 - 06/13/06 11:05 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting question about the memory implanting. To me, memory is very tied to the senses, including emotions.

To see if it would truly be indistinguishable it would have to pass some tests like-

If you drank a pina coloda two years later and haven't had one since, would it bring back memories of being at the beach bar on that vacation? Would you be able to recall the sound of the seagulls as if you were hearing them again? Would you be able to feel the exhilaration and rush again just remembering what the day on your vacation white water rafting was like? Would the smell of ocean air take you back to the memory of your vacation? Would the sight of the Eiffel Tower five years later in a movie take you back to the memories of your virtual day in Paris?

Such as, would constitute a Total and indistinguishable recall to me. If it was just imagery without ever being able to bring all of the senses involved back alive again too, it wouldn't cut it.

As far as the erased information and where it goes question? There is something called the Akasha Record that some people believe stores it all. It's believed to record and store every thought-imagination included, word, feeling and action in frequencies (light and sound waves) in another vibratory plane outside of the space time boundaries.

You can google it and decide for yourself if something like this can be so or not. That's where some people think it all goes and they believe nothing is ever deleted. :shrug:

The neat thing about this system is that, people can tap into it, on purpose or not sometimes like in a spontaneous happening. Supposedly this is where people get ideas from in dream time.

Say you get an idea for an invention, but never are able to write it down, or patten and develop it. Another may pull that guys idea from out of the universal memory bank (Akasha) During their dream time and then develop it.

One curious thing I once read that supported that was something that asked, "ever note how when new inventions come out, ussually more then one person around the world is working on it at the same time, who are not in collaboration with each other. They suggest that it may be because, 2 or more pulled from the same idea that was just put into storage. I thought that was interesting to contemplate.

If there is some Intelligence behind all of this, it would seem like a very efficient way to handle things and not to let any creativity go to waste and to keep it all on Record. I'll leave it at that. If anyone is really interested they can do their own research on the Akashic records.

What got you thinking about this? Did you just watch the movie again?

:peace: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: Where Does Erased Information Go? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #5747867 - 06/13/06 11:18 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

implanted memories?

where would they implant them?

it is my impression of nueroanatomy that the brain is mainly RAM and processor. The hard drive is somewhere else entirely.

How could the brain store the zillions terrabytes of information that comprise the entirety of a lifetime?

Memories are stored on the Akashic Record. The Authors of which are living beings. The brain is a transmitter/reciever with a little 'i' in between. The light of god is recieved and interpreted by the brain, then transmitted to the Akashic record via thoughts, feelings, and actions. As humans, we both read and write the Akashic record.

When you remember your first birthday party, first kiss, or your high school graduation, are you simply accessing an area of your brain? Though different parts of your brain may light up while remembering certain things, that does not mean that those memories are stored there! You are simply using your mind to tune yourself into the frequency in which those memories are stored on the home computer, the master database, which is the Akashic Record, which exists on a higher dimensional plane so as to be invisible to the naked eye, and unprovable, indissectable to science.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #5747931 - 06/13/06 11:43 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

It appears that the brain stores information in overlapped interference patterns a la holography. If this turns out to be so, then something the size of a brain will be practically unfillable in one lifetime.

--------------------
Republican Values:

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#5747938 - 06/13/06 11:47 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

well, the whole universe is holographic. You have 1 piece, you have the whole thing!

If someone ever asks you for a universe, hand them a penny, or a cigarette, or a carved wooden figurine of Michael Jackson.

everything is everything. 1 atom of the universe is the entire universe in itself. Worlds within worlds, man. Its trippy, like POW!

/*End hippy rant

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #5748071 - 06/14/06 12:36 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I never said implanted virtual memories could be done in that reply. I just said, if it could, what it would take for me to consider them unstinguishable and total.

(I will end up saying it later on in this post after I gave it more thought :wink:)

However, what would you say is happening when someone imagines something and later, their memory treats it like it really did or what is happening when hypnotic suggestion takes hold and effect?

Wouldn't that be a form of self "virtual memory" implanting?

Based on what I know about how our grid matrix works that holds the forms for personal memory and its links to akashic memory, (what you reffered to as the hard drive stored elsewhere), any intelligent light body technicion, could implant a form, that could give one false memories.

It would be highly unethical though. The worst I know of happening is blocks to certain memories have been implanted.

Speaking directly to you doc because I know you understand light body geometry, whats the difference between implanting memories into it and how we can now send information through fiber optics from one hard drive to another?

I think its definetly doable from other side. When we on this side better understand how the other side works (memory storage) we'll be able to do it too working with frequencies.

Some what related, and yet crude in ability, from what I have read, the government has already mapped out some frequency code for some languages and used it in mind control psionics in the Gulf war. They found the frequency used via the memory system for recalling words like, "you do not want to fight", and were able to direct it at the enemy. The enemy would hear the words in there heads and think they came from themselves. :shrugs:

If that's true, who knows what classified technology is already out there that may be more advanced then that.

:peace: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
    #5748090 - 06/14/06 12:42 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Its behind you ...

... woop,

there it was again.

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom