Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Colonized Jars Not Pinning, Need Advice
    #568101 - 03/02/02 10:04 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hello Gang,
The Temple Priests and I were wondering,
9 out of 9 jars of EQ have reached 100% colonization about 8 days ago. The jars have beeen left to absorb some indirect sunlight to iniate pinning. But so far, there have been no pins.
The place where they are kept is in the high 60's low 70's most of the time.
The question is: Would it be Ok to put jars in the tank and try to induce pinning with humidity and UV light, or will they just rot because they are not 'mature' enough.
Any help will be gratefully accepted.
OoD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Colonized Jars Not Pinning, Need Advice [Re: Anonymous]
    #568122 - 03/02/02 10:32 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

anyone?

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
    #568162 - 03/02/02 11:26 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

birth them into a terarium-i dont wait for invitro pins-it always takes the humidity and the temp+light to make mine pin

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

InvisibleWakingUpLate
addict
Loc: Born on a mountain, Raise...
    #568183 - 03/03/02 12:26 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Birth em! But take and dunk one cake for six hours and
watch it. I know it doesn't need it but, watch what
happens.:peace:

--------------------
The rest of those, who have gone before us,
cannot settle the unrest of those who follow.
(Finding Forrester)

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Colonized Jars Not Pinning, Need Advice [Re: WakingUpLate]
    #568203 - 03/03/02 12:53 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

If your cakes wont pin invitro, it is because they need some air exchange to do so. If you take the lids off for a couple of seconds and then replace and leave them in indirect light they will pin invitro in no time.

--------------------

Offlinelobo121782
enthusiast

Loc: SD USA
Re: Colonized Jars Not Pinning, Need Advice [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #568241 - 03/03/02 01:53 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I believe ganja, and blue about the ways of working with cakes, when I do cakes, I first try invtro, I open the lids in a contam free enviorment for about 30 seconds to let the stagnant(stagnant means old or stale air, no oxygen) air exchange with the new air and I wait about 2 to 3 days, in that 2-3 day time frame you will notice by the second day that there will be a lot of pinning going on, by the third day it is quite noticeable, keep in mind that it takes different time frames for different strains of mushrooms. a good EQ colonized cake will take about 2-3 days to show some pinning. This is the best way to birth a cake, because after invetro the roots will take a better hold of the substrate, they will gain strength and be ready for a full fruting by the 4-6 day, also invetro gives you some time to get everything prep for the cakes, if you just jump to birthing you are allowing contam to possibily take place. because the roots dont get strong enough to take on contam. When it was my second batch of jars, I failed to pressure cook them properly - dont ask my how I messed up like this, I do not realy know. But it was my second time, I decided to birth my cakes without envtro, or without makeing sure that my enviorment was clean enough. well it was too late when It came time to birthing, I had grown 12 jars of cobweb mold. I did some thinking, and remembered that the syringe that I got was from a trade. I took what was left of the syringe about 1cc and did the usual burn the needle to a red hot. and squirted some of the syringe flouid into a petri dish, with a agar. I did the culture this way under steryl conditions and, after the culture I took a look with my compound microscope (god bless its sole, Dam Movers, stole me equipment in the move..) when I was looking... wah bam!!! come to find out the syringe was well worth contaminated, I stoped count of different contams at 14. I contacted the guy, never recieved a reply for over 6 months, and still more. sorry this was all off topic, at least the second half. But it is better to do invetro and them birth, thanks E

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Re: Colonized Jars Not Pinning, Need Advice [Re: lobo121782]
    #568442 - 03/03/02 09:21 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i dont do invitro-hell my last jars would finish colonizing after a month-i birthed them anyway-they finished up in 1 1/2 days then took 5-6 to pin-i also kinda have my own way of doing things(for instance ,i tape my holes and pressure cook,when i incoulate,i take syringe and poke straint through holes in to ja.i dont recover my holes after this,i think the tape helps create a kinda seal to help fite contams-i have never lost a jar out of 70 so far doing my tape like this.) you will have to tinker around when u birth them,and find out what works best for u.thats what i did.nobodys *tek* will be followed the same-u just gotta get the hang of it-mushrooms grow way different then i thought they would,and are way more cooler to watch than i thought they would be.

--------------------

OfflineUnder_net
enthusiast
Loc: kentucky
Re: Colonized Jars Not Pinning, Need Advice [Re: GaNjAShRooM]
    #568482 - 03/03/02 10:10 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

A lot of it depends on the strain. I had a buddy of mine send me some ks and 30 days later I pulled the jars out of their boz that had been stored in the dark and shrooms were everywhere.
I was totally amazed. Hell I pulled an 1/8th off of them when I birthed them(dry). I want to actually try growing some of these invitro. This guy has amazing results harvesting invitro. He gets more weight per cake that way than I do casing.

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Re: Colonized Jars Not Pinning, Need Advice [Re: Under_net]
    #568533 - 03/03/02 11:08 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i am trying 1 invitro cake now-its a pink buffalo-its been 100% for about 1 week-i opend to release the air-but if my holes arent covered,does it help to open it or do thye holes provide adequate air exchange?i plan to lower the temp some more on it and expose it light in the jar-
btw,
i tried the birdseed tek,and will never use brf cakes agin-birdseed is fast(of ryches magic forul is!)
peace

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring

Free Spore Ring
-Lee

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Colonized Jars Not Pinning, Need Advice [Re: WakingUpLate]
    #569028 - 03/03/02 09:13 PM (22 years, 30 days ago)

Thank you all.
We were getting concerned that if we birthed then pre-pin there may be problems.
I will post on results, if anyone is still reading this.
Again, thanks
OoD

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder