Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Should I cold shock again?
    #565855 -

I have one cake in a coke bottle terrarium and its been like a little over a week since I started trying to initiate pinning. The temp range is 70-75 degrees, I do not know the RH but I am fanning and misting 2x's daily and yesterday I cold shoched for about 12 hours. It looks like its begining to pin but nothing noticably different from day to day.
Should I cold shock again for another 12 hrs?
I noticed little orange/ brown dots on some of the buldges are these going to be caps or what?
Could it be the strain, there NJ6 from STP (LOL IF YOU MUST)
I know the keeper sucks big cock, and his entire bussieness is a big con, but I was unaware of this when I started and I am upset enough about my whole purchase because this is the only cake I have left and have yet to see any mushrooms)
Sorry I had to vent a little on what I think of the Keeper, but he really is a big doush
Anyway if anyony can answer any of my questions I will be ever greatful.


NEVER BUY FROM STP!


--------------------
Keep on dreaming, becauses when you stop dreeming its time to die.
-Shannon Hoon RIP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I cold shock again? [Re: strain]
    #565865 -

don't cold shock again. if you see hyphal knots with brown tips those are your baby mushies. just let it do its thing. its very easy to get impatient and want to do something else to it to speed up the process, but trust me you will be happier if you just leave it alone. keep doing what your doing. good luck!


--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I cold shock again? [Re: XAZIA]
    #565945 -

Could the amount of light be a slowing factor, is 12 hrs to much?


--------------------
Keep on dreaming, becauses when you stop dreeming its time to die.
-Shannon Hoon RIP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I cold shock again? [Re: strain]
    #566043 -

yes dont give it light they will pin just fine with the light they recive from you looking at them.
if you get desporate there is a tek some where that is like this for dry cakes and you can get 3 flushes out of them.
take a drinking straw (clean) and push it in the top of the cake. push it about 1/2 the way through (DO NOT GO ALL THE WAY THROUGH) pull out the straw now you should have a little water supply for your shrooms. ( this only works with fully colonized cakes) i tried this it works well

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I cold shock again? [Re: strain]
    #566114 -

no, thats not too much light.  light induces pinning.  my cakes get 12 hours on and off since the day the are birthed.  also, in my experience cold shocking is hardly neccassary(spelling? how the hell is that spelled? :smile:).  maybe for those hard to fruit strains....   


--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I cold shock again? [Re: pleezr]
    #566181 -

My buddy has also found cold shocking not to do much about pinning, atleast on his cakes. What he does is dunks after every flush and before the first one. Pinning starts 2-5 days after dunking usually. 12 on 12 off with the lights from a 75 watt bulb.


--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I cold shock again? [Re: baraka]
    #566347 -

i agree! my personal experience with cold shocking dd not give impressive results. i believe it is HIGHLY overated. i did however have good results with dunking. but i do not think that his problem is dehydrating cakes, i think it is just a touch of impatienitis. just keep fanning and misting and once those those little tiny dots with black/brown tips starts to grow you'll be amazed at how fast they take off.


--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I cold shock again? [Re: strain]
    #566360 -

never cold shock cubies.


--------------------
realize,realize,realize
real eyes, realize, real lies
http://www.shroomery.org/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum4&Number=399368&fpart=1


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I cold shock again? [Re: strain]
    #566664 -

Relax. Just be patient.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I cold shock again? [Re: ULT]
    #566666 -

i wouldnt cold shock again but i have to disagree about not cold shocking cubies, man afoaf has never had such even pinsets since he started cold shocking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I cold shock again? [Re: LSD_4me]
    #566730 -

I don't think patients is a proble I think I have learned patients ( I think the Keeper taught me that because its been almost three 1/2 months and stil no results with his bogus strain) but anyway...
THANKS EVERYONE FOR THERE HELP!!!!!!!! how else could I say over the computer!


--------------------
Keep on dreaming, becauses when you stop dreeming its time to die.
-Shannon Hoon RIP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* cold shock or not? jag192 1,142 7 01/10/02 06:39 PM
by jag192
* cold shocking in fridge? rawtoxic 1,704 2 10/27/02 08:26 PM
by Icy
* Why cold shock? Useless???
( 1 2 all )
SubGen1us 5,643 28 01/08/03 02:28 AM
by shirley knott
* cold-shocking susej 2,305 13 05/26/02 02:48 AM
by Hippie3
* Cold Shocking DaGeniusE 1,681 10 06/15/02 11:23 AM
by staindblue
* Cold Shocking Idea Anonymous 748 5 06/18/02 07:11 PM
by rosewoodpete
* Cold Shock malibu76 1,484 3 07/22/02 05:25 PM
by staindblue
* Re: Cold Shocking Anonymous 2,759 10 12/03/99 01:07 PM
by sutec

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,049 topic views. 18 members, 54 guests and 248 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.