Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Lost 1/2 my jars!!!
    #545359 -

After only 15 days I have officially lost 6 of my 12 pint sized jars and I am not a happy camper.

Anyone have any advice for maintaining the sterility or safety of the remaining 6 jars. I do not have an incubator but rather I keep them in a cabinet above my fridge which is always around 75-80 degrees.

I am using the MMGG and it is my first time and I desperately want to save my remaining jars.

Piece,
~Shrizooma

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lost 1/2 my jars!!! [Re: Shrizooma]
    #545381 -

I don't think there's much to do now except wait and hope. You may want to move them to a cabinet or a closet away from the fridge. I try to keep them away from moving air currents, and the refrigerator creates moving air from it fans etc. I would say you need to look at you method of preparation. Did you use a pressure cooker or did you boil the jars?Did you prepare your own syringes. What type of contaminant are you seeing? Is it bacterial or fungal? Is it growing where the syringe tracked?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 16 PF jars Ker-Fuckin plunk!!! estaesPACO 3,293 3 05/23/02 10:50 PM
by tomldp
* White contams + inverting jars?!?! Shrizooma 1,467 4 02/16/02 01:54 AM
by carbonhoots
* Newbie wondering about pint jars and terrariums Shrizooma 941 2 01/30/02 07:00 PM
by puscle
* 4oz. jars lost & buzzed 1,112 3 10/16/02 12:55 PM
by Bilge
* Re: Winter is coming: are your jars ready? (w/pics)
( 1 2 all )
shroom|ord 4,233 20 11/01/00 05:46 AM
by Anonymous
* heat & no refrigator - DUNK between flushes problem d00mlorD 1,102 5 07/15/12 06:57 PM
by d00mlorD
* Substrate Jar Storage Nitsuj80 2,106 3 11/24/01 10:42 AM
by QuantumMeltdown
* how to keep jars up to temp? daytripper007 887 3 07/31/02 06:02 AM
by bluefoot

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
488 topic views. 13 members, 74 guests and 243 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.