Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleirascible_raunch
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Is it healthy to exercise vigorously at night, only a couple hours before you go to bed?
    #5432602 - 03/23/06 12:03 AM (18 years, 29 days ago)

Is it preferable to exercise in the morning? Does it matter?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: Is it healthy to exercise vigorously at night, only a couple hours before you go to bed? [Re: irascible_raunch]
    #5432866 - 03/23/06 01:54 AM (18 years, 28 days ago)

you should exercise when you have the most energy, when you will be able to do a better work out.
but if you workout at night, it normally takes about 3 hours or so till youll be able to fall asleep. there are alot of people who workout in the morning, but i would just be too tired n groggy...

also, you dont want to stay up all night and then have to get up early and miss alot of sleep. rest an nutrition is very important to grow muscle and to get a better work out. if you dont get enough sleep after a workout you will wear your body down and cancel out some of the gains fro mthe workout.

when you workout is something youll have to figure out on your own based on how you feel at different times of day (and what your schedual is).

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Is it healthy to exercise vigorously at night, only a couple hours before you go to bed? [Re: irascible_raunch]
    #5434961 - 03/23/06 03:34 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Personally I make sure that I get my workouts in at least four hours before bedtime or I have trouble falling asleep.

I would like to experiment with morning workouts, but I am not a morning person and don't have much energy at that time of day.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Is it healthy to exercise vigorously at night, only a couple hours before you go to bed? [Re: zorbman]
    #5435988 - 03/23/06 09:14 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

If you're kosher working out in the morning, then do that. Makes sense because your testosterone levels are at their absolute peak around the time that you wake up.

Recent studies have concluded that if you can work out before bed and actually get to bed all right, then just do it! lol. As simple as that. If it's not a problem, then fly at it. It doesn't particularly have any benefits, just make sure that you keep your diet, rest and excersize optimum. Just remember that the levels of water in your body can drop as low as 40%, or another hugely variable percentage depending on how you live your life and take care of yourself. *shrugs*

There's been times where I've had to work out before bed and I got to bed the way I normally do. I'm sometimes a bit fussy, toss a tiny bit for it's all good for the most part. I'd say that it had absolutely no effect on me. Just don't jeopardize your sleep. Rest is almost as important as training, if not more.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Invisibleirascible_raunch
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it healthy to exercise vigorously at night, only a couple hours before you go to bed? [Re: browndustin]
    #5436719 - 03/24/06 12:05 AM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

browndustin said:
Recent studies have concluded that if you can work out before bed and actually get to bed all right, then just do it! lol. As simple as that. If it's not a problem, then fly at it.

Cool, that's what I wanted to hear, since I more specifically wanted to know if it was unhealthy to exercise vigorously at night, only a couple hours before you go to bed.

Thanks to the three of you!

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#5438952 - 03/24/06 05:01 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Yeah no problem. I actually just read some magazines, skimmed through forums and heard lots of stuff through word of mouth. I was curious about the same thing. Guess everyone's just been freaking out and overanalyzing things over the last few years. Good to know though, lol.

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Is it healthy to exercise vigorously at night, only a couple hours before you go to bed? [Re: browndustin]
    #5439158 - 03/24/06 06:16 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

A note to those who prescribed working out in the morning:

It is extremely important that such an activity be done after one has consumed a hearty, fuel-packed breakfast.

Unless you want to eat away at your own hard-earned muscle and gain any levels of unwanted fatigue that could persist throughout the entire day, it is imperative that you fill your tank up before you start haulin' ass. Eat.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Is it healthy to exercise vigorously at night, only a couple hours before you go to bed? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #5442399 - 03/25/06 09:44 PM (18 years, 26 days ago)

Good point. It only takes around 5 hours before your body slips into a catabolic state. Drink casein protein at night and an immediately whey/water shake upon waking up. And again, remember that water levels are extremely low. Make sure to warm up your muscles and get things flowin. :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom