Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
16 hours a day just isn't enough
    #1343216 - 02/28/03 04:15 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

All I ever do anymore is sleep. I basically quit working and am living on my savings because I don't want to leave the house anymore. I don't give a shit about anything. I sleep 16-18 hours a day, get up, watch the evening news, watch a game or a few movies, and go back to bed. I don't even eat anymore, not more than once a day anyway. I think I'm tired again. I'm going back to bed.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: 16 hours a day just isn't enough [Re: superpimp]
    #1343288 - 02/28/03 04:42 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe you have mono?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Re: 16 hours a day just isn't enough [Re: Skikid16]
    #1343380 - 02/28/03 05:28 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

No, I already had that. I'm just miserable.

Anonymous #1

#1343608 - 02/28/03 07:38 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Re: 16 hours a day just isn't enough [Re: ]
    #1343682 - 02/28/03 08:22 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I know, I've always had it, but now it's different. I don't want to fight it anymore. I just want out. I want it to be over.

Anonymous #1

#1343724 - 02/28/03 08:37 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Re: 16 hours a day just isn't enough [Re: ]
    #1343774 - 02/28/03 09:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

No support group. I'm on my own. Always have been.

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #1343926 - 02/28/03 10:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yep,definately a case of clinical depression.I can sense the adhedonia (lack of any pleasure in life) and the hopelessness in your post.I've been there buddy.I know it seems totally hopeless,the world no longer matters,the guilt,just wanting to fall asleep and never wake up.Depression is hell.Don't make yourself suffer for longer than you have to.Find a good psychiatrist and be extremely honest about how you are feeling.Let him know your darkest,intermost thoughts.It might be hard,but there is hope left,I promiss you this.If he gives you some medication (he probably will) give it time to work.If that doesn't work,try another.Just keep trying until you find something that works for you personally.Be honest about how the meds make you feel and side effects.

Don't give up bro.If you need someone to talk to,just PM me with my Shroomery name.

peace

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflinePsillyTheSeaGull
ayatollah ofrocknrolla
SuperPimp...You have to embrace your inner funk! [Re: monoamine]
    #1344012 - 02/28/03 10:50 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I remember days of waking up then waiting for the sun to go down. ... CHeck this, I laugh about it now... I went from depression to whining like a baby when I had slept so much ((a week of bed)) that my legs hurt and the discomfort was keeping me awake... I tried the floor, a chair...Oh I was pathetic... I wrapped myself in a blanket and leaned up against the wall... and I finally came to the conclusion that this was all becoming too much of a pain in the ass... Remember this too shall pass.

Anonymous #1

#1344199 - 03/01/03 02:43 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
    #1345327 - 03/01/03 06:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

yeah depression blows

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Re: 16 hours a day just isn't enough [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1345854 - 03/01/03 10:57 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You're telling me? I have dreams about being beaten to death. Dreams about old girlfriends shooting me. I think that's what I want. I dream about other people doing it for me. I have a magnum under my bed, but I know I don't have the balls to use it. I tried to do myself once when I was 15, but the gun jamed. At the time I thought it was fate or some stupid Goddamn thing. I thought it meant something, like I had tallent, or great works to do, or whatever. Now I know it was just another fuck up in a very long line of fuck ups for me. I wish the gun didn't jam when I was a kid, it would have spared me a bunch of years I wish I never went through. All I want now, is out.

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
    #1345885 - 03/01/03 11:58 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Pimp sorry to here that your down in the dumps. Let me offer some advice that you can use it or take it with a grain of salt. I had the same problem about 4 years ago when I dropped outta school. Freinds could tell and knew that I wasnt feeling good about myself and was down in the dumps. I went to the doctor and he prescribed me an anti deppresant. Within two weeks I was back to my old self. I had alot of family shit going on and its much easier to hide in bed and spend hours dreaming about another life. I have now finished school and am working on getting into grad school. Why not go to the doctor and just see what he/she thinks. Serezone a new anti deppressant has seemed to works wonders for a friend of mine. Damn guys got more energy and gets more shit done in a day than I get done in a week. Its worth a try man. I eould hate to see you hit rock bottom. Theres nothing wrong with antidepressants. If your embarrased about it dont tell anyone. Im just saying I think they would help. -Peace and love

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #1345921 - 03/02/03 01:16 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Superpimp. Hi, from what you have said, your state sounds serious. You sound like you feel very despondent, exhausted and hopeless. Please know you are cared for in this community, and that you are important to us. Please go and visit a GP or go to the emergency department of your hospital now. Suicidal thoughts, not eating and sleeping 16 hours a day are nothing to be complacent about.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Edited by enotake2 (03/02/03 01:18 AM)

OfflineNova

Re: 16 hours a day just isn't enough [Re: enotake2]
    #1347430 - 03/02/03 06:51 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Try to find a source cause to whats making you feel that way. If you can't find anything, then its probably a chemical imbalance. Its no different then getting the flu. Me I feel the same way but I know the cause of mine (see my post a couple down). I have a friend who has takes a mouth full of pills everyday but still is suicidal because he always tells me he has a deep secret that he wont share with me even though im closer to him then he is with his parents probably. If you have some deep secret, tell a trusted friend, a psycologist or pm a shroomery friend. I know exactly how you feel and its not worth wasteing your life waiting for a change. You have to get out and fix it or it will consume you. Find a glimmer of hope. Pull yourself out of bed and jog around for a little outside then take a relaxing shower. Talk with people and get things off your chest. Try seeing a doctor, give them a chance. They arn't making you sign a contract if you dont like pill side-affects you can stop whenever you want. Keep us updated.

Anonymous #1

#1350613 - 03/04/03 06:32 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You want someone to beat you to death and then escape.

I want to beat someone to death and then escape.

Want to meet up?

Offlinejoeshitragpicker
Home Sweet Home

Loc: Atlanta
    #1350792 - 03/04/03 08:26 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I know exactly how you feel.

Heres how you change how you feel:

CHANGE!!! DO SOMETHING; ANYTHING DIFFRENT. FUCK, IF YOU DONT FEEL LIKE IT, IT DOESNT MATTER. YOU CAN DO ANYTHING, AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYONE ELSE. IT STARTS WITH YOU AND IT ENDS WITH YOU. EVERYDAY YOU LAY IN BED IS ANOTHER DAY THAT YOU FUCKING HATE YOURSELF. IT IS CLECH'E AS FUCK, BUT I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL BRO.
DO SOMERTHING PHYSICAL. GO FUCKING RAKE EVERY LEAF IN YOUR YARD EVEN IF IT TAKES ALL DAY. IF YOU ARE IN AN APPT, RUN TO THE END OF THE BLOCK AND BACK. ITS THAT EASY. YOU WILL FEEL BETTER I PROMISE YOU. HAPPINESS IS NOT A PLACE OR AN EVENT. IT IS A CHOICE. MAKE THE CHOICE.

LOVE,
JOE SHIT

--------------------

OfflineSeeka
Psychotrooper
Loc: Western Hemisphere
    #1352386 - 03/05/03 12:42 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Dude, you're not powerless to change your life. And yes, this will pass. It's hard to see it, but there'll be a time you won't have to worry about this shit. Or maybe not, it's your choice. And that's all I'm going to say about it.. rescuing a drowning person is damn hard to do, and you have a good chance of drowning yourself. The person drowning has to realize they are drowning and do something to change that.

But hey, I'm sure you'll figure out some way to fix this problem.

OfflineBavet
Sensitive StonedRebel

Re: 16 hours a day just isn't enough [Re: Seeka]
    #1353116 - 03/05/03 06:30 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Life is what you want it to be and how u want it to be. U can choose to be happy or choose to be sad, Choose to react to something in a good way or in a bad way.You cant change others or may not change the world around you but u can change yourself and how u react to anything.

--------------------
"~Dream as if you'll live forever....live as if you'll die today~ James Dean"

OfflineCrayzzieShroomz
the MilkMAnne...

#1354718 - 03/06/03 11:34 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

man too many suicidal toughts in this forum....just think of everything thats good. 
You don't want to commit suicide...trust me.  Live life...do activities..get a girlfriend...its all good man.  :grin: 

--------------------
You live and You SHROOM......

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being