Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac
a couple days after...
    #1565040 - 05/21/03 06:32 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

... and i still can?t believe i went back to doing it. =

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: a couple days after... [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #1565054 - 05/21/03 06:59 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

*sigh* read my post have some laughs enjoy life =] even though I dont know you... you have 9000+ posts obviously this board is almost like your 2nd family. And this 2nd family probley all loves you and never argues with you as much as your real family so do them a favor and dont fuck with their emotions becuase its just not a cool thing to do. honestly. stop. your way better than this. but im glad your still here btw your life force is stronger than you think it is. Somthing deep inside you that you never knew existed probley stopped you from doing what you were about to do. My suggestion would be to try to find that life force and understand it. This what life is for. Your time here on this earth is not for you to try to figure out the universe, or anything else for that matter... Except yourself. Becuase within yourself lies the answer to everything. Now go read my thread becuase now you need to help me =D thanks

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

Re: a couple days after... [Re: whole9]
    #1565058 - 05/21/03 07:02 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

it's not that i was aiming to kill myself, i just needed to get out some of my emotional frustration. my arm was there, so yeh, whatever. i always feel better after. but i thought i was past the cutting thing. i hadn't done it in months. i still can't believe i'm back to where i started 7 months ago.. fuck.

--------------------

Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

#1565067 - 05/21/03 07:16 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

good thing you didnt slip or somthing and accidently kill yourself =[ perhaps you need some alternative methods of letting out "emotional frustration" I used to go outside with a base ball bat or a golf club and start swining at random shit. Or you can get a log and throw it on the ground as hard as you can. OR you can meditate, I heard that works wonders... Unfortunatly I am not trained enough to meditate and have no "teacher" that can help me acheive a meditive state. Becuase I have tried and I cant do it on my own. Good luck =D

Invisiblejojoba
RockMoNsTa

Loc: SPaCE
Re: a couple days after... [Re: whole9]
    #1565078 - 05/21/03 07:47 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

dont feel bad we all have ways to let out anger.. For some What happened at a younger age makes us want to punish ourselves in rage.. for me atleast.. never knowing why i wated to. just did.. i have made th connection now.. IS there a connection for you...? jojoba

--------------------
CLICK HERE FOR MY HUGE TRADE LIST ~~ CLICK HERE
Looking For These Items
Various Plants and Seeds.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1565141 - 05/21/03 09:22 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You're not back to where you started, you're just doing the same things.

--------------------

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: a couple days after... [Re: Revelation]
    #1565147 - 05/21/03 09:30 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Now i feel bad for being an asshole towards you.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1565357 - 05/21/03 11:59 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

oh no come on there's no need to hurt yourself - society will take care of that for you..

please please no that can't be much more fun than say, human interaction

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous #1

#1565571 - 05/21/03 01:32 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #1565623 - 05/21/03 01:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Eek stress and emotional pain can be hard to deal with,  but cutting yourself probably isnt the best way to release the pain.

Years ago when i was in Highschool, arm cutting was a thing quite a few people where doing.  I never understood it and it alsmost seamed like a fad?  At my highschool atleast.  I was in the drumline and a lot of the colorgaurd girls did that shit all the time in like groups too. 

I always enjoy blowing people up in video games :smile:.  Or the best way for me to relieve stress is to get high.  Usually it slows my head down and im able to slowly and rationally think about the issue and i can adress the problem.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibletrendalM
King of Asides
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1565719 - 05/21/03 02:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Why do you cut yourself?

--------------------
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1565957 - 05/21/03 02:54 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I cut myself a few times during my first year at college, due to some severe social, mental, and emotional anguish that I was going through.  To tell you the truth, it was a great relief, but I've learned that it is definitely NOT the right way to find relief.

Don't have the attitude of "Now I'm back where I started."  People who quit smoking will sometimes cheat and have a cigarette, but that doesn't mean that they're going to start smoking again.  The just really needed that one.

I would suggest getting yourself a tattoo if you haven't already done so.  It's a much more socially acceptable way of inflicting pain upon yourself.  It feels great, too!  :laugh:

In reality, though, you really need to get past this stage where you want to hurt yourself.  You need to realize that it's not you that there's anything wrong with; it is the world!  So take your anger and frustration with the world out on something else, rather than yourself.

You really need to find some healthy ways to deal with the problems you are having.  It's not good to wallow in your pain.  If you're seriously depressed, don't just make posts about it on an online message board and post pictures of yourself looking pitiful.  Get off your ass and do something about it, girl!

I love you, Acidic.  I have been where you are now, and I know what you're going through... Even if you don't believe that.

But only you can help you.  I am 19 now, and that's a lesson that I've just learned recently.  Once I figured out that I had to help myself, and I took the steps to help myself, I have been a much happier, more content, and stable person.

The power that each and every one of us has is incredible.  Realize that you have such power, and use it to help yourself. 

Cutting will only provide you with temporary relief.  And afterwards, when you look at the scars, it will fill you with disgust at what you have done.  You need to find the permanent solution within yourself.

I love you, Acidic!  Good luck, and feel better!!!

Peace & Love,

RebelSteve 

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

Re: a couple days after... [Re: ]
    #1566403 - 05/21/03 05:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i HAVE help though. i go to a pychiatrist and a psychologist. i have medicine which does help with depression (or used to anyway) and i have all you people here, like my second family, only you care more.

and thanks for all the advice my loves!! i got a care package (wink wink) today from a certain someone *nudges Magash* and i'm feeling much better. thank you for all the support, it's much appreciated.

PS: shroomnUb, stop being such a pussy.

--------------------

--

Edited by Acidic_Sloth (05/21/03 05:19 PM)

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Happy Mutant

Loc: Earthfarm 1
    #1567013 - 05/21/03 09:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thats great to hear, Acidic_sloth! Although I don't know you very well, I must say theres been a lot of good advice from people here who truly care for you! :laugh: Please consider this before you try this again. I truly hope you can work through this rough spot. I think (and hope) you can overcome "with a little help from your friends" :grin:   

Edited by Le_Canard (05/21/03 09:19 PM)

Anonymous #1

#1567389 - 05/21/03 10:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineSBTlauien
Stranger

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #1568416 - 05/22/03 07:34 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: a couple days after... [Re: SBTlauien]
    #1568642 - 05/22/03 09:44 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

That's the first part of a singing warm up scale, if I'm not mistaken.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: a couple days after... [Re: Sheepish]
    #1568648 - 05/22/03 09:47 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Perhaps you should let your psychiatrist know. I have cut myself in the past, but never one huge one. Unfortantaely I have the scars that show it, they don't go away.

InvisibleMyInsanityTrip
Stranger

#1569306 - 05/22/03 03:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I had a friend once that got so mad at her ex-boyfriend that she started doing that arm cutting shit in front of all of us.  We got into his car and were taking off when she decided it'd be a good idea to jump on the car and rub blood all over it while she continued to cut herself  while the car was moving, lmao.

She ended up cutting a blood vessel of some shit and we had to take her ass to the hospital.  I laughed at her idiocy.

I guess she was doing it for attention, I don't know why anyone else would do that and show it to people :confused: 

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
Re: a couple days after... [Re: MyInsanityTrip]
    #1569664 - 05/22/03 05:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

People in pain do things that can seem stupid. But don't laugh.

A_D, I just want to tell you this quick story.

I live in Montreal. Every Sunday, there's this event called the "Tamtam" at the Mount Royal. Hudreds of people sit around sharing joints, playing tamtam, hacky scak, whatever. I was sitting on the grass with my friend, smoking a bowl, taking it easy, when this guy, smelling the smoke, turned around and told us, with a grin on his face, "Don't smoke too much!"

My friend replied something that the guy didn't hear. So he aproached us and asked him what he said. He thought we had insulted him, I think. After a few seconds, I noticed that his shirt-free torso, his arms and his face were covered in scars. He even had a fresh, 20cm long cut on his cheek. They were everywhere. He looked in detress. He sorta scared me, to be honest.

I felt bad for him. I could clearly picture him cutting himself all over the place to feel better. Don't get me wrong, I've done it a couple of times, too, and I know it can be used as a way to change psychological pain to physical one, which is much more endurable. But show a little respect to yourself, and avoid that kind of behavior altogether. It won't make the pain go away. It might make it a little easier to handle, but not permanently.

Find someone with whom you can share your pain, when you have a bad day. And I'm not talking about a psychologist. I'm talking about someone you love, someone who knows you and understands you. Don't resort to cutting yourself.

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Scales

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being