Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: B.C., Canada
    #2054098 - 10/29/03 05:54 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I posted awhile ago confessing my problem with freebasing. That was at least a few weeks ago. It only got worse from there. It was getting more and more frequent. Last week it was up to about 5 grams, 4 or 5 times per week. Well, last Saturday night changed my life. I watched my brother overdose right in front of me. He leaned forward with his fists clenched to his chest and let out kind of a grunting moan that sounded like he was in extreme pain. Then his body flew backwords and he started flopping around and shaking violently all over. His body was completely red and all tensed up. By the time he stopped, he'd fallen on the floor and was leaning against my bed. When he stopped flopping though, his face turned dark blue and he couldn't breath for about a minute. As soon as the whole thing started, I called 911, and they just told me to keep talking to him and said the ambulance would take a few minutes. He started breathing again in gasps after about a minute. I could tell he could hear me, but he couldn't understand me. Every time I talked to him though, he would make noises. Soon he started to look around the room and at himself (his hands, his legs in front of him, etc...), then he managed to get up and sit on the couch next to him. Then as soon as I could tell he could understand me, I got him to move into the main room, cause I didn't want the cops and paramedics in there with all the stuff. As soon as I got him sat down in the main room, the cops and paramedics arrived. The cops got all our names, addresses, and info and such, and the paramedics checked him out to make sure he was okay. Of course, he was okay by the time they got there. He couldn't remember any of what happened though, and for about 20mins after that he couldn't remember things like his address and other simple stuff. His speach was also quite slurred for a couple hours after that. This changed my life for ever. I'm currently seeking help. I'm going to call a couselor that my work said they would pay up to 3 sessions for. I'm also going to go see a doctor to talk to them about it. I've tried quiting before, and I don't think I can do it on my own. I don't want to get into again though. So this time I'm really trying. I can only hope my brother does the same.

The point of me telling all of you about this, is because I always heard of friends of friends overdosing, but you never expect it to happen to someone you know, until it does. Drugs are fun, but not worth dying over. My brother and I should both be dead. I'd done more than him, and he's bigger than me. I value my life more now, than you could imagine. Watch what you do. Keep your priorities straight. My brother is doing okay now, but the fact that he remembers nothing except through what I've told him doesn't seem to have made that big an impact on him. As much as is scared me, I can still feel the coke pulling me in again, I can only imagine how it is for him. If you're in a situation like me, call someone. I called a cousin that I could trust not to tell anyone else. She's helped me through the last few days. She's also helping me find help in other areas like couselors and doctors. It is possible to get away from drugs. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm usually on MSN at trooper7432@hotmail.com I hope this post changed you.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Overdose [Re: OutkastSlug]
    #2054164 - 10/29/03 06:22 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry to hear about your brother. Freebasing is a bitch but, you can beat it... I did.

Any help you need. Let me know.

puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
Re: Overdose [Re: Rose]
    #2054994 - 10/29/03 10:51 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

right on brother... your doin ok if you can admit it to yourself. I dont even want to THINK about how much i used to freebase... my boss and I used to rock up a quarter ounce a night, or at least an 8 when we didnt have the cash for anything bigger. You can do it dude... I havent done coke/freebase in over 8 months now, and i feel GREAT about it.

I dont like telling people that i was addicted to that shit, but its true, so ill share it with yall.

Outkastslug: when you do need someone whos gone through the same thing you are feeling, just message me... when im here, im MORE then happy to talk to you about shit... even the really shitty stuff. Anything i can do to help you out (short of buyin you an 8ball that is)... let me know...

Talk to your brother more dude, and if he doesnt get it, then there isnt much you can do, except be there for him, and KEEP TALKIN!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being