Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
substitute for aluminum for blocking light during spawning and casing?
    #5398051 -

hey guys (ladies included)...

I am sick of wrapping aluminum foil around my 60qt bins during the spawning and casing run. Does anybody have any suggestions as a good substitute?

I have a walk in closet that I do all my growing in, including fruiting. Its been a big bitch wrapping unwrapping to keep the light out... I have used really dark blankets (been thinking about construction dropcloth) but I really do not have anymore blankets cuz I am growing in bulk... Furthermore its hard to catch a contam early or check to see how things are going with alum...

any cheap yet practical ideas anybody has?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: substitute for aluminum for blocking light during spawning and casing? [Re: tonyperez420]
    #5398059 -

Try using black paint

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: substitute for aluminum for blocking light during spawning and casing? [Re: sivad02487]
    #5398076 -

Or duct tape. That is alot of tape though :/.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: substitute for aluminum for blocking light during spawning and casing? [Re: sivad02487]
    #5398079 -

I forget the name of it but its spray on black rubber shit?
but it doesn't crack and it goes on nice and smooth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: substitute for aluminum for blocking light during spawning and casing? [Re: mskip23]
    #5398092 -

duct tape lol thats more work then aluminum

and will the paint come right off if I wipe it down.... ahhh sounds kinda messy

thanx tho

anybody else???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: substitute for aluminum for blocking light during spawning and casing? [Re: tonyperez420]
    #5398131 -

regular 30-35 gallon trash bags wouldn't fit so i use to use 45 gallon hefty bags. drop it in the inside of the bin and when it's time to remove the casing. just pull it & throw it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: substitute for aluminum for blocking light during spawning and casing? [Re: thenewguy05]
    #5398178 -

ah yes now theres a good idea....

I do have a bunch of laundry bags I use for straw in pot

I will have to look for some really dark laundry bags and I will reinforce it with garbage bags....

poof I just save a shitload of time and stress

thanx newguy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: substitute for aluminum for blocking light during spawning and casing? [Re: tonyperez420]
    #5398469 -

Trash bags work. Aluminum foil is easy if you get the big rolls. Gotta go to like a CostCo or something for that usually, but if you can find them, works great.


--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: substitute for aluminum for blocking light during spawning and casing? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #5398530 -

Krylon makes a paint that is intended for plastic. I've used it on sterlite containers and it sticks fine. Look for it at the hardware store.
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* invitro pinning and spawning/casing XAZIA 1,583 2 05/28/02 02:18 PM
by XAZIA
* casing recommendations? AbeZard 1,014 4 08/01/01 01:54 PM
by aluminum_can
* manure/verm casing experiment vildechayea 1,496 2 10/18/02 09:30 AM
by tripndicular
* Spawning ExtravagantDream 973 1 10/24/02 03:48 PM
by Skikid16
* Casing Questions Zodiacz 472 1 10/24/02 05:53 PM
by digitalshaolin
* caseing question mellojello 1,049 8 07/28/02 05:50 PM
by Addict
* Add BRF to casing? cantankerous 1,732 16 08/21/02 05:30 PM
by L3D
* honey tek substitution? aluminum_can 1,414 12 09/12/01 09:12 PM
by mycofile

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
754 topic views. 9 members, 156 guests and 133 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.