Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
mystery solved
    #535201 - 01/29/02 06:01 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I've been having a lot of problems with trichoderma contamination in my spawn jars over the last few months, and I just couldn't work out where I was going wrong, sterilisation, innoculation, syringe making, all seemed fine, yet after a week or so the greens showed up. Well, last week as I was taking hot jars out of the p/c I accidentally tore the foil cover on one jar. I quickly taped over the tear with sellotape and innoculated as usual. A week later, up shows the green:( So I was looking at the jar despondently, at the tape that had lifted up at the edge slightly, and stuck all over the sticky side were hundreds of tiny yellowish-white mite-type things! I think they're mealy bugs or something similar. Obviously they would smell the grain somehow, and crawl up the tiny gaps between the foil and the jar neck, in the innoculation hole and proceed to stomp mould spores all over the grain. I could even see a few of them stuck in the condensation on the side of the jar. That's that contamination mystery solved.....
Yuck. I'm all itchy now 

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJuggles
old hand
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: mystery solved [Re: Champion des Champignons]
    #535264 - 01/29/02 07:37 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Heh, you need to shower more regularly, then you wouldn't have bugs in your jars. :wink: 

--------------------
---
If sometimes you feel yourself little, useless, and depressed, always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm out of hundreds of millions.

OfflineShroomNewb
enthusiast
Re: mystery solved [Re: Champion des Champignons]
    #535274 - 01/29/02 07:47 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I opened my contaminated jars, and there were several small dabs of jet black liquid. Any idea what this stuff is? It seems like I have been getting alot of this mysterious black contamination. The jars will develop several black dots all over the cake. Wierd.

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
Re: mystery solved [Re: Juggles]
    #535322 - 01/29/02 09:01 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I shower very regularly, just not very frequently.:D
Get your adverbs right in future. 

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom