Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecrispyburrito

Incubator to hot ??
    #495278 - 12/18/01 08:07 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Foaf was trying out his new incubator with his new batch of 10 1/2 pints brf . Well he used a rubbermaid filled a few inches of water till it came up to the jar lids or so then through in a fish tank heater and a bubler rock on a timer to clean the air with th h202 he added to the water . He left in alone for a week checking time to time , once he bought a thermomiter to test the water temp , it read 95 degrees in the water. It was at this temp for about 8 days , he turned the temp way down to about 85 in the water , is it true that the cakes are usually 5 deg higher in the jars ? He thinks he may have roasted them after 10 days there is not one single spec of growth , the substate seems to be shrinkingaway from the sides and its causing the top layer of verm to fall through , although no visable sighn of cracking ( dry ) cakes . There is one jar that is a mix of steeped bird seed mixed wth flax meel , whole millet, brf and verm . THis jar is going like crazy whats the deal ? Maybey all the other jars got way to warm and dryed hence slow growth , the seed jar prob had alot of moisture thats why its doing good ??any input would be great ,,thanks

--------------------
This statment or question is fictional and for fun not to be used in real life. Just a hypothetical situation..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerazer
enthusiast
Re: Incubator to hot ?? [Re: crispyburrito]
    #495338 - 12/18/01 09:21 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like you roasted them. If you're patient, wait it out a week at the lower temps. They may go, they may not. The temp of death for mycillium is 106F, no knowing what the temp inside the jars were.

--------------------
All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

Offlinecrispyburrito

Re: Incubator to hot ?? [Re: razer]
    #495431 - 12/18/01 10:44 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Even though there never was any mycillium to kill because it never got started ?? Does anyone know how much the jars temp tend to go up from there surrounding temp ?? Could solve the problem ,, thanks

--------------------
This statment or question is fictional and for fun not to be used in real life. Just a hypothetical situation..

Offlinemystic1
addict
    #495443 - 12/18/01 10:49 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

do you know this for sure razer!!!!!!

--------------------
realize,realize,realize
real eyes, realize, real lies
http://www.shroomery.org/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum4&Number=399368&fpart=1

Offlinecrispyburrito

Re: Incubator to hot ?? [Re: mystic1]
    #495721 - 12/19/01 07:34 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

What about the interior temp compared to the exterior ??

--------------------

Offlinecrispyburrito

#495726 - 12/19/01 07:40 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Also like I said one of the jars thats made of bird seed is doing great growing everyday at those temps ...

--------------------

Offlinemystic1
addict
    #495824 - 12/19/01 10:44 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

yea what about them??

--------------------
realize,realize,realize
http://www.shroomery.org/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum4&Number=399368&fpart=1

Offlinecrispyburrito

#496067 - 12/19/01 03:28 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

anyone ????

--------------------

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #496143 - 12/19/01 04:55 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i hear mycellium dies at 106F but ungerminated spores can withstand up top about 130F. if theres no growth at all after 12 or so days of germination its safe to say theyre not gonna sprout.
unless nothing died in the heat wave and the moisture just evaported causing slow/no growth. if nothing happens after day 15 try shooting them up with 10cc of boiled water and see what that does.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Offlinemystic1
addict
Re: Incubator to hot ?? [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #496730 - 12/20/01 06:26 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

lol

--------------------
realize,realize,realize

Offlinecrispyburrito

#496800 - 12/20/01 08:26 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Tried something else , for an incubator She used a styrfoam cooler put two holes in the bottom also used a bucket and placed at the bottom a small water pump from fish store also used a fish tank heater turned it up to 93 deg , the water was nice and hot turned on the pump , the pump has a hose at the end to pump the water out , put the hose through one hole rapped all around the inside of cooler and brought the end back out so water can drain back into the bucket , works great the temps inside were aorund 88 deg turn the heater up or down to control the temp . Nice warm radiant heat no more messy peroxide water and rusting lids to deal with ! Thanks to whoever posted this incubator idea a few days ago, works great ! ! Very simple idea takes five minutes ... re : lol ???

--------------------

Invisiblerazer
enthusiast
    #496995 - 12/20/01 01:46 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Sure, spores can survive at some higher temps, but for a certain period of time keep in mind. I've had my incubator as far up as 90, but only for a few hours. But mine germinated. Like I said though, no telling how hot the jars were inside, or for how long.
The bird seed may have survived due to its make up. It may have kept the heat out more. Or dried out less. Its hard to say.
I just personally think you roasted them, and clearly stated to wait if you were patient, for they may germinate after all.
But if you have the resources, and time, you may wanna just jump the gun and do another batch, its up to you.

Oh, and mystic1, questions end with question marks, and only one of them for that matter. No point in adding extra punctuation, especially if its the wrong kind.

--------------------
All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

Offlinemystic1
addict
    #497043 - 12/20/01 02:50 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

does it really matter? have i hurt you? im very sry if i affended you in any way.bitch

--------------------
realize,realize,realize

Offlinecrispyburrito

#497312 - 12/20/01 08:27 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Im sure your right , bird seed seed is holding strong and now in a cooler incubator , the others will probaly get tossed day 12 and no growth Thanks for the input ............... as for mistic your a bright kid , people including myself are just trying to tell you your an ass in a suttle way . No need to make your name known by posting your smelly voice on someone elses threads , laugh to your self not everyone wants to know what your all about,, get some attention on your own thread on your own time.... Bitch

--------------------

Invisiblerazer
enthusiast
    #497334 - 12/20/01 08:52 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Heh, nice :P
And it does matter, if you dont make sense, no one will take you seriously.

--------------------

Offlinemystic1
addict
    #497431 - 12/20/01 10:52 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

so what am i all about? um make my name known. umm ok. i think you seen my name before this thread. oh i recall giving you advice and you saying thank you too me. your just another victim of society. oh yea thanks for the opinion on be being a bright kid. but i didn't need you to tell me that. first of i may be young but i am not a kid. how many kids do you know that own their own house. and i can tell you one thing i way more established in life than you will ever be.

--------------------
realize,realize,realize

Offlinecrispyburrito

#497708 - 12/21/01 09:33 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

You were right razor--- 106 deg ...
http://www.fungifun.f2s.com/GROWTH_PARAMETERS.htm

--------------------

Offlinemystic1
addict
    #497922 - 12/21/01 02:00 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

thats all i was trying to get too. but you assholes had to piss your pants over it. thanx friend

--------------------
realize,realize,realize

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds