Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
what the hell am i doing?
    #495766 - 12/19/01 08:55 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

okay...
i innoculated 13 1/2 pt. jars of brf & verm. with some honey water i made from 1cc of a pf classic syringe. jars colonized in about 8 days. i have never cold shocked so i decided to cold shock half of the jars for 18 hours and not the other half to see the difference it made. i birthed the jars into a new grow room i have constructed http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=482832&Forum=Forum2&Words=grow%20room%20suggestions&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3weeks&Main=482832 .....
about 2 weeks went by and there was little to no pinning, then finally i got about 5 medium sized shroomies (between all 13 jars!!) and about a gram & a half dried of abhorts. but some of the cakes were still doing NOTHING.
so...thinking my magnificent grow room was failing somehow i put the cakes back in the trusty rubbermaid with perlite will revisions are being made.
a slight improvement on the cakes that all ready had pins was seen after about a day or two. but some of the cakes are still doing NOTHING! its been over three weeks since birthing and only four cakes have growth (fat asses) of any kind (one of the cakes was thrown out for suspicious growth sprouts that were green on the tips???) which left me with 8 cakes.
last night i took action and decided to case them with straight verm and see what happens.

question #1: should i have left them alone, since they have been exposed to light for three weeks and then put back "under ground" will this confuse them more and result in an even suckier pin set.

question #2: why aren't my cakes doing anything???? what am i doing wrong?

last night i made some major overhauls to my grow room and i'm just waiting on filter disks to complete it and get it back up and running. i switched to and ultrasonic and created a pvc exhaust for each shelf with the humidifier outside the grow room.

any suggestions, replies, criticism, is all welcome, thanx!
PEACE!

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Re: what the hell am i doing? [Re: XAZIA]
    #495933 - 12/19/01 12:52 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

bump

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

OfflineSporecloud
fanatic

#496024 - 12/19/01 02:42 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i would try the pf double casing tk next time around when you do cakesI find that depending on the strain CAN take Three weeks or more for pinning to start without the double casing your cakes are in danger of drying out during this time I would also put the cakes in your rubbermade terrrarium until they start to pin and then move them to your grow room and grow them out it sounds to me as if thats what happend to yo your cakes they probably dried out too much to flush by ggoing back to your casing method with them they probably will recover when the moisture level stabilizes and they will fruit in the tray I have found that with cakes you should always do the double ended casing tek the pf site says to do it after the first flush but I do it right at birthing and havnt had a dried out cake since and my yealds have increased greatly I now get about 7 dried grams per cake or more this way...... just my two cents hope it helps

Offlinefresh357
addict

Re: what the hell am i doing? [Re: Sporecloud]
    #496055 - 12/19/01 03:16 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

colonized in 8 days? maybe the center of the cakes are still partially uncolonized

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: what the hell am i doing? [Re: Sporecloud]
    #496094 - 12/19/01 03:53 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

holy fucking run on sentance.
and even when birthed if parts of the middle were not fully colonized; which they probably were if teh whole outside was; then it would have colonized within a day or 2.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

OfflineFeelingroovy
Stranger
    #496100 - 12/19/01 04:07 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I too am having the same problem, I have birthed 6 cakes. I get a few shrooms on each and then, nothing. The cakes turn blue and just sit there.

HEEEEELLLLPPPPP

Thank you

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #496102 - 12/19/01 04:09 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

-- question #1: should i have left them alone, since they have been exposed to light for three weeks and then put back "under ground" will this confuse them more and result in an even suckier pin set.

Casing your cakes now should be just fine. I have cased cakes after their first flush, and gotten 2 more large flushes from the casings.

-- question #2: why aren't my cakes doing anything???? what am I doing wrong?

Chances are the cakes were only colonized on the outside because of the liquid culture innoculant. Eight days or even less is not uncommon for a liquid culture innoculant, but a fifth innoculation point at the center of the jar will help ensure a more even mycellium growth.

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Re: what the hell am i doing? [Re: Shdwstr]
    #496817 - 12/20/01 08:59 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

the fifth innoculation point sounds like a nifty bit of advice. i will definitely try this next time.
update:
this morning the 4 cakes that do have shrooms growing are imoproving more and more in the rubbermaid. seems my problems were in my set up. i will make more adjustments and see what hapens. i will let you guys know what happens with the casings although i'm sur know that they will be alright. thanx for the help guys!!

--------------------

Bob Marley

OfflineHammerloaf
addict

Loc: Canada
    #496880 - 12/20/01 10:58 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Consult the following XAZIA... this might shed light on your problems..

http://annonymer.members.easyspace.com/GROWTH_PARAMETERS.htm

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Re: what the hell am i doing? [Re: Hammerloaf]
    #496904 - 12/20/01 11:35 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

link is broke.

--------------------

Bob Marley

OfflineHammerloaf
addict

Loc: Canada
    #496908 - 12/20/01 11:38 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

ok.. try this:

Cubensis Growth Parameters

should work.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures