Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: heavensgate]
    #5018564 - 12/05/05 05:55 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

liek heavenshgate said, try a health food store of sorts, you may have to travel a bit, go to www.currantc.com , there is a store locator on thier website

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: incubaby_421]
    #5019888 - 12/05/05 10:43 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

BC juice will be acidic enough to start the psylocybin conversion process.  I experimented with cranberry juice for a year before discovering lemon juice.  Cranberry's ph is a bit over 3, so not as acidic as BC.  Since BC juice may be hard to come by in some places in the states, we need to find an online source :smile:

--------------------
If you cut off my head, what would I say? Me and my head, or me and my body?

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: Underhillmaster]
    #5021963 - 12/06/05 06:52 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: infinitedot]
    #5021979 - 12/06/05 06:58 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

CurrantC is also sold at:

- P&C Food Stores
- Big M Market
- BiLo

http://www.currants.com/index.php?src=gendocs&link=Retail%20Locations&category=Main

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: infinitedot]
    #5022197 - 12/06/05 08:54 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Offlinepsychedelix
Growling MadScientist
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way
    #5022240 - 12/06/05 09:31 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

My dad is a nutritionist and a health freak, everytime he buys Black Currant (BC...?) juice he gets it from European import stores. The best and most natural of black currant juices are found from european juice companies, and it's not some shitty 'concentrate' like currant c which is more fake than real. I personally would go with 100% natural juice(even beter if it's pure pressed) with NO perservatives.

I have never trusted US companies producing anything 'natural' other than Florida Orange juice, which is clearly pure squeezed, not from concentrate and no perservatives. I wouldn't trust Currant C until I read the label and taste it myself.

All I'm saying is, you shouldn't just buy something because the label has a picture of the fruit, read the label. Perservatives are dangerous to your health, and concentration of anything can cause a toxic effect in your liver and kidneys.

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: psychedelix]
    #5022406 - 12/06/05 10:58 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I agree that natural juice from freshly squeezed black currants would be the best source for this, if it's possible to get that.

Black Currants cultivation was banned until recently, because of a tree plague, apparently caused by BC cultivation.

"In 1999, Greg Quinn, a culinary and horticulture expert, also known as WNYW?s ?Garden Guy,? grew interested in black currants and founded Au Currant Enterprises, located in Clinton, New York, an area in the Hudson Valley well-known for its culinary and farming heritage (the Culinary Institute of America and specialty farms, ranging from garlic and wine to goat cheese, are nearby). Working with leading experts in the field, he decided to attempt to bring back the U.S. black currant industry by first getting the ban lifted in New York State, giving hope to a struggling New York farming industry with the first, potentially-viable crop to come along in more than a half century."

More info: http://www.maplelane.com/media/BlackCurrantGuy.jpg

Incubaby, do you still keep the CurrantC bottle handy? If so, could you please transcribe the label?

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #5022461 - 12/06/05 11:17 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I wont be able to get CurrantC anyways because it looks like it's only sold in the US.

Maybe I'll have to find a european imports place (if one even exists in Victoria), but I don't want a bottle to cost an arm and a leg.

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #5022478 - 12/06/05 11:22 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:
I wont be able to get CurrantC anyways because it looks like it's only sold in the US.

Maybe I'll have to find a european imports place (if one even exists in Victoria), but I don't want a bottle to cost an arm and a leg.

http://www.southalderfarms.com/blackc.htm

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Victoria%2C+British+Columbia+black+currant  :tongue:

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#5022514 - 12/06/05 11:36 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Well I could probably get actual black currant berries.

But how would I be able to calculate how many, or how much to consume?

I'm planning on doing some phoning around in the near future to see what I can get my hands on.

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: *** Gummiberry juice experiment: Black Currant Juice + Lemon Juice = 10X Potency!! *** [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #5022543 - 12/06/05 11:43 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

You need to drink 275 gr. of pure juice, roughly 7 oz.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#5022560 - 12/06/05 11:50 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I'd probably have to eat a LOT of berries then huh?

I can probably find some juice somewhere in this city.

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
    #5024584 - 12/06/05 07:01 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

LONG List:

Currant & Gooseberry Plant Suppliers (Partial List)
http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/resource/currant.htm

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
    #5024622 - 12/06/05 07:09 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

no, im sorry, i didnt keep the bottle,
and about preservatives, how the fuck are we supposed to avoid them in thier entirety? virtually impossible.

and come to think of it theose assholes never responded to my email...
im sure they have a wealth of inquiries to tend to... yeah... uh huh

i could go get another bottle, if i manage to scrape together a few minutes to make it to the store

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: infinitedot]
    #5039746 - 12/09/05 04:22 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Alright guys, I got a 500mL bottle of Ribena original.

It says on the bottle it "makes 5x its volume." So I'm guessing it's 5 times the strength.

You said you'd need 7 ounces of pure BC juice. So according to my calculations I need about 1.4 ounces of this stuff.

Correct?

I'm thinking I'll try it tonight.

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #5040824 - 12/09/05 08:24 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Good HeavyToilet.

Check the label. If that's Ribena Squash, and I'm guessing it is, that's 35% pure juice. It says 5X volume because their usual juice is just based on a 7% pure juice.

50 gr. of 5.5X concentrate used in the Patent equals = 275 gr. of Pure juice.
To get 275 gr. of Pure juice, diluted 35% (Ribena brand) we need:
350 gr. pure per 1000 gr.
275 gr. pure -> (1000*275)/350 = 785 gr. of concentrate.

That's to say, your bottle plus half another. I think 500ml. should do as well.

As you have tested lemon before, I suggest soaking them in BC this time, in order to compare.

Take it easy, I just read another report from someone who hasn't posted it here yet and he reached a solid level 5 on just 14 grs. of *fresh* cubes. He used another MAOI though so that invalidates the results, but he has described it as a really strong trip, with Ego death. He was glad he didn't drank the other half of the glass. Keep that in mind, ok? :thumbup:

Edited by infinitedot (12/10/05 10:30 AM)

Invisibleinfinitedot
Stranger
Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: infinitedot]
    #5040848 - 12/09/05 08:29 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Also, to get as much accurate results as possible, try following the standard 7 steps procedure on the first post. Be safe. Enjoy. :mushroom2:

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#5040866 - 12/09/05 08:33 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Noticed another thing.

You said
Quote:

You need to drink 275 gr. of pure juice, roughly 7 oz.

and
Quote:

275 gr. pure -> (1000*275)/350 = 785 gr. of concentrate.

Drink the 785ml.

I'm confused. Why are you referring to the BC juice in grams? It looks like you're saying that a gram of BC juice is equal to a mL. If this is correct, it looks like you're saying 275mLs of BC juice is about the same as 7 ounces. It would be the same as 7 ounces if an ounce was 39.3 mLs, but an ounce is about 28.8mLs.

And also, how did you calculate how much of the pure juice should be consumed? I can't find information the concentration of quercetin and quercitrin in black currant juice.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#5040880 - 12/09/05 08:37 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

No, it's just called Ribena Original. It's concentrated juice by 5 times. Cost $7.50 for a 500 mL bottle, so I'd be surprised if I needed a lot of this stuff.

It says "One 30 mL serving of Ribena concentrate provides 100% of the Canadian recommended daily intake of Vitamin C."

So I don't want to overdose on Vitamin C or something.

Edited by HeavyToilet (12/09/05 08:48 PM)

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Re: Gummihuasca experiment - Black Currant Juice to increase mushroom effects - Please contribute [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #5040996 - 12/09/05 09:05 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Just had supper, and it's about 6 o'clock right now where I live.

I'm thinking I'll take the juice at either 8 or 9. Then the mushrooms an hour after that.

I'm gonna try doing some strenuous activity in order to speed up my metabolism.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order