Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Electronic engineering & electrical engineering , difference? & some questions...
    #4855875 -

I'm going to go to school to learn about electrical installation and some electronics stuff .

The course starts on january and finishes on june i can then go on to do electronic engineering or electrical engineering and other stuff along those lines and i need to choose what to do.

I want to have enough qualifications to be an electrician , i then might gain some more qualifications to do something higher up with better pay .

What would be best to study do you think? is there much difference between electrical engineering and electronic engineering . Seems like whatever one i choose i'll learn the same stuff anyway?

thanks


--------------------
Sometimes when I read threads visions of men sword fighting with their genitalia run through my head. - sadspacemonkey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electronic engineering & electrical engineering , difference? & some questions... [Re: DistortedEyes]
    #4855894 -

i studied to become an electronics engineer. i learned nothing of building codes, 3-phase, or much else that applies to industrial design save robotics and microprocessors.

i honestly don't know the difference but that is the vein in which i thought it laid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electronic engineering & electrical engineering , difference? & some questions... [Re: debianlinux]
    #4855912 -

I wish I went to engineering school. Damnit. I would have either chosen chemistry, civil, or mechanical.


--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electronic engineering & electrical engineering , difference? & some questions... [Re: looner2]
    #4855937 -

i'm very seriously considering going back for civil. i wasted my time and $$ on my electronics education. it is quite the hobby but not much of a career for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electronic engineering & electrical engineering , difference? & some questions... [Re: debianlinux]
    #4855963 -

is it hard to find a career in electronics?


--------------------
Sometimes when I read threads visions of men sword fighting with their genitalia run through my head. - sadspacemonkey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electronic engineering & electrical engineering , difference? & some questions... [Re: debianlinux]
    #4855966 -

If you already have exposure to any side of engineering I'm sure you could hack right through it.

I just didn't think I could go past calculus 2 and keep my sanity. But, being more mature now, I realize the mistake was made. Maybe in the future I'll go back and see what I can do.


--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electronic engineering & electrical engineering , difference? & some questions... [Re: DistortedEyes]
    #4855972 -

depends on what you really want to do.
i had intended to do R&D for someone like Intel.
my education was nothing near what I needed for that.

I did several years in network administration and now i do construction management so I'm not the most reliable person to question about career paths.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electronic engineering & electrical engineering , difference? & some questions... [Re: debianlinux]
    #4856431 -

Im in electrical engineering technology right now, and basically we work more hands on than EEs.  After you get your associates you can either aim to learn more analog power, or digital type stuff like microcontrollers.  I like technology better than EE just because of the fact that we do a lot more hands on circuit type stuff rather than paper/conceptual type stuff. :shrug:  We take a hit in pay tho, probably around a 5k-10k paycut. :whatever:


--------------------
  Moderation is key 

  "There is no god higher than truth." 


Edited by D4NK (10/26/05 08:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electronic engineering & electrical engineering , difference? & some questions... [Re: D4NK]
    #4856444 -

my schooling involved 2hrs of theory and 2hrs of laboratory (hands/on) every day
the 2 went hand in hand in that we put on silicon what we'd just put on paper

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electronic engineering & electrical engineering , difference? & some questions... [Re: debianlinux]
    #4856455 -

debian, EE right?


--------------------
  Moderation is key 

  "There is no god higher than truth." 


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electronic engineering & electrical engineering , difference? & some questions... [Re: D4NK]
    #4856466 -

yah

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electronic engineering & electrical engineering , difference? & some questions... [Re: debianlinux]
    #4856475 -

So what kind of job did you land right out of school? I'm assuming you have already graduated.


--------------------
  Moderation is key 

  "There is no god higher than truth." 


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electronic engineering & electrical engineering , difference? & some questions... [Re: D4NK]
    #4856478 -

onsite computer repair

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electronic engineering & electrical engineering , difference? & some questions... [Re: debianlinux]
    #4856481 -

Travel job kinda thing? I've heard you can make boatloads of cash on those types of jobs.


--------------------
  Moderation is key 

  "There is no god higher than truth." 


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Electronic engineering & electrical engineering , difference? & some questions... [Re: DistortedEyes]
    #4856754 -

Both Electrical and Electronic Engineering involve college with lots and lots of calculus. They are, after all engineering courses. To become an Electrician, you'd need to go to a trade/vocational schools. It's quite a bit less involved than the former....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* DoITyourself: How to add an electrical outlet to the closet
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 8,816 25 09/12/03 10:20 AM
by Anonymous
* I have a question about buying a used ps2 swm 972 7 09/05/03 08:50 AM
by JuggaJoe
* a few questions about the family :) Vulture 2,217 10 09/01/03 09:47 PM
by Vulture
* I am in a very different reality than everyone else!!
( 1 2 all )
Earth_Droid 5,385 32 01/30/03 11:23 AM
by flanders53
* Search engines AnnoA 2,323 18 05/26/05 10:09 AM
by Anno
* The Land Of The Free (A question for Americans) Jackal 3,186 19 08/08/03 07:54 PM
by PDU
* question...
( 1 2 all )
ZenBhikku 4,597 22 08/22/03 12:16 AM
by ThEGrEaTBeLoW
* -A rather pressing question-
( 1 2 all )
igore 4,184 21 07/31/03 09:19 PM
by Fungushungry

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,768 topic views. 6 members, 14 guests and 163 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.019 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 14 queries.