Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees long...
Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: TastyWaves]
    #4799045 - 10/13/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

exactly...

not very many people are understanding the topic of the thread. what are the point of the ratings? how do they impact the community? and how could we make them more meaningful/usefull?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: MJF]
    #4799053 - 10/13/05 02:58 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Trade ratings = meaningful and useful

General ratings = fun for all

We've discussed a seceret Staff ranking, for easy spotting of people with multiple bans.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: MJF]
    #4799057 - 10/13/05 02:58 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MJF said:
exactly...

not very many people are understanding the topic of the thread. what are the point of the ratings? how do they impact the community? and how could we make them more meaningful/usefull?

Vast majority of people like them, mind you most people have good ratings so they don't give them much thought as those who have bad ratings.

As for making them more useful, well if there are ideas on how to improve them I'm all for it.

OfflineTastyWaves
Cool buzz!

Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: Thor]
    #4799068 - 10/13/05 03:00 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

What about the idea of more types of ratings, such as cultivation/advice/participation ratings?

--------------------
Spread the love of PLUR ratings!! We shall overcome the ev0l bondage of the ratings system!!

PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR

Join us!! Punch and pie.

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: TastyWaves]
    #4799084 - 10/13/05 03:04 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

or maybe even somethign to do with trust...and meeting them in person or something???

i like your ideas tastywaves.

Edited by MJF (10/13/05 03:05 PM)

OfflineTastyWaves
Cool buzz!

#4799122 - 10/13/05 03:11 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you, rate me! lol

--------------------
Spread the love of PLUR ratings!! We shall overcome the ev0l bondage of the ratings system!!

Join us!! Punch and pie.

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #4800123 - 10/13/05 06:36 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TastyWaves said:
What about the idea of more types of ratings, such as cultivation/advice/participation ratings?

Or instead of that you could get more icons? I am good at making these tiny 12X12 icons, you could get an icon for a good grow log, or many good posts, things like that. Or you could get an icon for a lot of posts in a particular forum.

So if you post in OTD a lot you would get the :crankey:, if you posted a lot in S&M you would get another icon.

Two types of ratings is good enough, but the icons might be cool, kind of like being part of a family or a gang.

OfflineTastyWaves
Cool buzz!

Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4800152 - 10/13/05 06:43 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

That gif really is cool too.

I'm still thinking of more ideas, I know the rate system could be enhanced.

--------------------

Join us!! Punch and pie.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4800168 - 10/13/05 06:47 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I remember a while back, someone suggested that there be separate cultivation/mycology ratings. Now, it doesn't matter much to me since I don't cultivate, but I think this would be a good idea for helping n00bs know whose advice to take seriously. After all, there might be some expert cultivators who also happen to be assholes to people in other forums(I can think of at least one person off the top of my head who fits this description), and thus would have general ratings which do not reflect their expertise.

--------------------

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: Silversoul]
    #4800207 - 10/13/05 06:59 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I think something like that is a step in the right direction... BUT

N00bs aren't going to know the difference. The only way to know for sure if the person is a myco genius is if he has like 20 myco ratings.

Maybe you could set it up is a :thumbup: or :thumbdown: system.

Getting back to my idea of icons, if you got say 20 thumbs up you could get a mycology icon under your name. That way there is a difference between having 1 myco rating and 20 (with the regular rating system they would appear the same, 5 shrooms).

This would make the person feel better about themselves and also let others know their expertise.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4800401 - 10/13/05 07:44 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

They already have an icon for the Spirituality forum.

:poop:

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: Redstorm]
    #4800541 - 10/13/05 08:16 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

and :fairy:

I like adjust's idea.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisibleWoodsCall
own it
 User Gallery

Loc: eye of the beerholder
    #4800816 - 10/13/05 09:09 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

As for the cultivation ratings... If a newb sticks around long enough, he will learn for himself who is a trustworthy and knowledgeable member.

I've witnessed firsthand and experienced myself that the more a newb (in any particular forum)has to tough things out, the more they really learn. And not having that quick-and-easy access to that type of rating may make them stay around longer, figuring things out, and thus hopefully contributing and giving back to the community.

It's all about actually staying at the Shroomery and being a part of the community, not registering and dipping out once the new member gets the info he needs.

Who needs all those silly rating categories?

--------------------
Live free or die.

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

#4800933 - 10/13/05 09:34 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

adjust said:
I think something like that is a step in the right direction... BUT

N00bs aren't going to know the difference. The only way to know for sure if the person is a myco genius is if he has like 20 myco ratings.

:thumbup:

Maybe you could set it up is a :thumbup: or :thumbdown: system.

Getting back to my idea of icons, if you got say 20 thumbs up you could get a mycology icon under your name. That way there is a difference between having 1 myco rating and 20 (with the regular rating system they would appear the same, 5 shrooms).

This would make the person feel better about themselves and also let others know their expertise.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #4833843 - 10/21/05 12:25 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I think ratings are a good thing here. I have quite a few 1 shroom ratings although my overall rating bounces between 4-5 on occassion. I have only been upset at two 1 shroom ratings in which I pmed an admin and had them removed. One was a false trade rating that said "Warning this guy is LEO" and another in general from the same user saying the same thing. This guy rated me that because he didn't agree with my advice In the Security forum. I thought that to be rather slanderous and apparently so did the admin.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4834193 - 10/21/05 01:22 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I got a fake trade rating once that I had removed....

I think in order for someone to be able to give a trade rating that the two users should make an agreement before the trade takes place that they are going to make a trade and once that is done then they are allowed access to give one trade rating to that person.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies