Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: Rating System v. Thread [Re: Joshua]
    #1664079 - 06/26/03 09:22 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Rating System v. Thread [Re: ]
    #1664227 - 06/26/03 10:51 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Regardless of the ideal of honest ratings, the current system is not accurate.

At school we rate our teachers, anonymously. I think it is a fact that anonymous ratings are more honest ratings.

Before we had a range in value for the overall rates a user received. Now we have no range. If everyone is a four or a five, what is the sense in the rate?

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Anonymous

#1665165 - 06/26/03 04:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

#1665557 - 06/26/03 07:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I see your point. I do not agree that it is good.

When I lobby, I lobby for the whole...at least I think I do.

Thank you for your opinion.

Yes, I would be more inclined to give out bad rates when deserved if they were anonymous. As it is, if I rate a user low and he sees that, he will turn around and likely rate me low for no other reason than to get back at me.

Look at your rating of Boxtop and his subsequent rating of you. That is a perfect example.

In general, people who rate are very effected by the fact that the ratee is going to see their rate, this skews the honesty of the rating system IMO.

The rating system is more for unaquainted people to get an idea for the reliability of a user. As it stands most of us are reliable to the same degree, I don't think this is the actual case though.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Anonymous

#1665636 - 06/26/03 08:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1666796 - 06/27/03 07:53 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

There should only be trade rates.

The rest are a waste of space.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Rating System v. Thread [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1673714 - 06/30/03 10:22 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Agreed. Anyone who feels the need to spend their lives posting insults in ratings about complete strangers on the internet is clearly a very pitiful human being.

I only post postive ratings unless one of the pitiful sort raise themselves onto their hind legs to post a rating "attacking" me :smirk:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Rating System v. Thread [Re: Xlea321]
    #1674366 - 06/30/03 03:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I only post postive ratings unless one of the pitiful sort raise themselves onto their hind legs to post a rating "attacking" me

A good system and the same I use.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Anonymous

Re: Rating System v. Thread [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1674518 - 06/30/03 04:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1681979 - 07/02/03 11:38 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Most of that criticism came from people who thought I was too strict in S&P.

Be serious. No-one minded you being "strict". It was your childish and vindictive editing of posts by anyone you didn't like, petty vandettas and humourless, arrogant manner which eventually led people to complain about you en masse.

They hated me, so I left to please them.

No-one "hated" you. They simply considered you a very poor, offensive moderator and complained about you. As is their right. Instead of dismissing this as people "hating" you, be mature and consider it a learning experience.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#1682205 - 07/03/03 12:36 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Most of that criticism came from people who thought I was too strict in S&P.

Be serious. No-one minded you being "strict". It was your childish and vindictive editing of posts by anyone you didn't like, petty vandettas and humourless, arrogant manner which eventually led people to complain about you en masse.

They hated me, so I left to please them.

No-one "hated" you. They simply considered you a very poor, offensive moderator and complained about you. As is their right. Instead of dismissing this as people "hating" you, be mature and consider it a learning experience. 

:thumbup:

My thoughts exactly. 

Anonymous

Re: Rating System v. Thread [Re: boxtop703]
    #1682623 - 07/03/03 03:00 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

#1682714 - 07/03/03 03:54 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

On Harassment & Respect:
Harassment of other members will not be tolerated at the Shroomery, and may result in an immediate ban depending on severity. If you have a problem with another member, please make your peace with them. If you cannot behave in a respectful manner, keep your words to yourself. Failure to comply will result in administrative action at the sole discretion of the staff. All members are encouraged to PM a moderator or administrator with relevant information if they cannot resolve their conflict privately.

Let us all keep this in mind. And let the moderators be the first to set an according example.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#1682772 - 07/03/03 04:40 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

As a moderatator you shoul take Papavers advice and not ignore people on the board. As he stated that mods need to be able to see all comments made by all people.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Anonymous

Re: Rating System v. Thread [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #1683573 - 07/03/03 10:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1683634 - 07/03/03 10:31 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I can't remember the last time I even responded to a post "the member in question" made, never mind made the "multitude" of comments in your vivid imagination. I'd forgotten you even existed until you recently indulged your tireless obsession and posted a nasty rating about me. To which I replied in kind. I certainly wouldn't have felt rating you was even worth the effort.

If by "edited by the administration" you mean my friendly chat with papaver the situation was simple.  I assumed after the torrent of complaints about your disgraceful abuse of the moderators position that you had been ejected from the S&P forum. I'm sorry if I misunderstood the situation but noting your reluctance to explain your departure I had to guess that you had been pushed rather than jumped.

Now can you PLEASE use the ignore feature and never respond to me ever again. I will gladly extend you the same courtesy  :smile: 

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
    #1685465 - 07/04/03 12:36 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Just a little addition here I stopped posting and even looking at the politics activisin & law forum cos my ratings went down to two and I luckily did not have to trade until the new system came into place
and when it did I have only one trade rating by a respected member
and as a result many people have traded with me. (and I await there favorable ratings). But my whole point is this is a mushroom site and to those people who actually care about there growing should tread lightly
and use the site for what its for. There are many chat rooms and foums in which you can stir the shit out of people elsewhere (this is what I do).
But I think as has been said above there are members who dont really care about growing and can afford to be out of control but they mainly lurk in OTD (soap opera of the shroomery) and Pol/act/law. And are easily avoided.

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

Anonymous

Re: Rating System v. Thread [Re: trev]
    #1687831 - 07/05/03 10:42 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract