Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Become the strongest pound for pound person around
    #4645028 - 09/11/05 08:41 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I was reading a few martial arts books last week because my interest had recently piqued after reading a book by one of my favorite NHB competitors Ken Shamrock titled "Lion's Den, The Life and Submission Fighting of Ken Shamrock." This brought me to thinking, what would the average person looking to compete in professional fields whether it be NHB, Martial Arts Tournaments, or a slew of other possibilities, what would this person need to do to start developing their own total body fitness and strength, an overall supreme level of endurance and stamina, speed, coordination, power, confidence, and other skills and attributes. All competitors and just about anyone would like to have these qualities I'm sure. So now on to my research and the program.

So I poured over some of my books which include "The Art of Expressing the Human Body," which includes the many life exerts taken from the extensive diaries of Bruce Lee and his training for the martial arts and bodybuilding.

Another book titled "Speed Training," written by martial artist and policeman Loren Christenson caught my interest. Taking these favorites of mine and some other work I won't include, I've designed a routine you can follow which has in parts been used by the top full contact fighters and martial artists all over the world. Some of these exercises will take partners, but most of the routine can be performed by oneself. By the time you've reached month 4, you'll have by far one of the strongest pound for pound bodies of anyone you know or will ever know. This routine is not for the light of heart though, but for those that stick with it, expect to be answering your many friends questions on training and allowing the women to feel your rock solid body. Remember once again, this routine is not for the light of heart, you are going to be doing extremely taxing work but those who stick with it will reap the rewards. If you feel its to difficult to complete which for many it will be when starting, slowly work your way into it.

Week 1-3
Mon-Fri: 5 minutes of meditation and relaxation. 5 minutes of visualization. 5 minutes of stretching.
During these 5 minutes you can put on some of your favorite music to get pumped up, and just sit and relax and think about what you want to accomplish. For the 5 minutes of visualization, I don't really need to go into the many benefits visualization has given to thousands of top executives, bodybuilders, and people all over the world, but it works. During this time you should be thinking about what you want to look like, what you will be doing and see yourself achieving everything you want to in any area of you life.
"Important, all exercises should be attempted consecutively" If you wish to transform your body, you must perform these exercises consecutively and not stop."
100 sit-ups(Remember to contract the abs)
50 push-ups
30 pull-ups (If you don't have access to a pull-up bar, do 100 pushups instead)
(You'll have to do these in sets probably with small breaks) 15 fingertip pushups
100 body squats (This is a squat performed with no weight but the body) 1 mile of jogging

Sat-Sun
10 minutes of stretching
20 pushups
20 body squats
20 pull ups

Week 4-9
Mon-Fri
5 minutes of meditation and relaxation. 5 minutes of visualization. 5 minutes of stretching.

200 sit-ups
100 push-ups
20 fingertip push-ups
65 pull-ups(If you don't have the pull-up bar, do 150 pushups instead)
(You'll have to do these in sets probably with small breaks)
200 body squats
2 miles of jogging

Sat-Sun
10 minutes of stretching
25 push-ups
40 body squats
25 pull-ups

Week 10-16
Mon-Fri
5 minutes of meditation and relaxation. 5 minutes of visualization. 5 minutes of stretching.

300 sit-ups
200 push-ups
35 fingertip push-ups
70 pull-ups(You'll have to do these in sets probably with small breaks)
250 pushups if you can't conduct the pull-ups
300 body squats
2 miles of jogging
Sat-Sun
10 minutes of stretching
30 push-ups
100 body squats
45 pull-ups

Week 17-24
By this time you should be able to consecutively perform this routine without stopping.
50 situps
100 pushups
35 pull ups
500 body squats
3 miles of jogging

The routine for week 17-24

You can now mix and match to your liking as your in such awesome shape by now you can do what you want to take your training to another level. Be proud of yourself if you've reached this point, as many of the best fighters in the world do what you do. You've probably been reaping the rewards of this program already, and you can be sure, your now stronger pound for pound than anyone you know.

100-300 sit-ups
200-400 push-ups
20-75 fingertip pushups
30-100 pull-ups
250-500 body squats
1.5-5 miles of jogging

Sat-Sun
You choose.

This routine will develop your mind, body, and strength to levels you could never imagine. If you stick to it, you will make drastic changes in body weight, strength, and muscular endurance you've never thought possible. You can also make fun of any martial artists or enlisted men you know, as you're probably stronger and a much harder trainee than them. Good luck, and get started.

By Jonathan Stehlik, from Bodybuilding.com

The only main thing that this plan leaves to be desired is the lack of tactful dieting and healthy nutrition strategies - but this is all too easily found in any other sources [including the site mentioned above], at this day in the information age. Other information that may be necessary to learn before anyone new to this game decides to play, is proper form when doing certain excercises, such as squats - this can never be stressed enough. Injuries can range from the light sprains to the severe back-disabling.
Even Bruce Lee made a similar mistake - by not warming up.
Lee performed a form of excercise called "Good Mornings", a movement to strengthen his lower back. However, one day in early 1970 he loaded up the bar with 135 pounds (his bodyweight at the time) and -- without a warm up -- proceeded to knock off eight repetitions. On his last rep he felt a "pop" and found out later that he had damaged the fourth sacral nerve of his lower back. The result was the Lee had to endure incredible back pain for the remainder of his life.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Edited by SkorpivoMusterion (09/11/05 08:54 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinenonphixion
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Become the strongest pound for pound person around [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4645032 - 09/11/05 08:51 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

That's pretty cool, but jesus fucking christ... 550 pushups in one day?

--------------------

User Gallery

Re: Become the strongest pound for pound person around [Re: nonphixion]
    #4645043 - 09/11/05 09:02 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hehe, nobody will really just "jump" to that level. Being able to do 200-400 [550?] pushups in one day is the reward of consistent and dedicated strength training for 17+ weeks as shown above. Plus, keep in mind, you can still do them in sets and repetitions..

--------------------

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #4645064 - 09/11/05 09:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Doesn't training that hard for consecutive days pose a risk of counterproductive overtraining, and possibly injury. Everything I've read says that you should at least let each muscle group worked rest and recouperate for a day. I could be wrong though since I haven't read much on body weight training.

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
Re: Become the strongest pound for pound person around [Re: Twister]
    #4645121 - 09/11/05 10:08 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I used to do some serious weight training. I was around 260 with 8% body fat (Im 6 feet 6 inches tall), and one day I was squatting about 450 and ruptured my l4-l5 disk. It sucked ass, as did the surgery, as did the recovery. The reason it happened.... I didn't stretch that day. That's my belief as to why it happened anyway. Always stretch people.

--------------------

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
    #4645122 - 09/11/05 10:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Twister351 said:
Doesn't training that hard for consecutive days pose a risk of counterproductive overtraining, and possibly injury. Everything I've read says that you should at least let each muscle group worked rest and recouperate for a day. I could be wrong though since I haven't read much on body weight training.

You are absolutely right IMO. I would never train the same muscle groups in consecutive days. When you exert yourself your muscle breaks down, in order to rebuild.

--------------------

User Gallery

#4645123 - 09/11/05 10:10 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Okay.. I wrote up a nice and lengthy post, clicked "continue" and then it brings me to a page that says "The form is no longer valid". This is about the umpteenth time I've had this happen. Mods, Admins..?

You can email the author of the article at Classicskills@hotmail.com
I'll just try to explain the program to my best understanding.

Anyway, the plan above is a progressive-program. It starts with approximately a month [3 weeks] of moderate training, and then progresses to the next level, with double the time [6 weeks] until the next stage. The point is to slowly build strength and power in a progessive manner.

As long as one doesn't get ahead of theirself, and take risks, trying to speed up ahead and such, he/she should be fine. Remember, the preface says: If you feel its to difficult to complete which for many it will be when starting, slowly work your way into it.

Also, there is a difference between strength training and body building, and you mentioned one of them with your reference to recuperation. You can train every day of your life, but if you want to build more mass and increase your muscle-gains, then you should leave at least a day between your workouts.

Of course, this isn't to say that as a by-product of following such strength/power regimens as shown above, you wouldn't have quite the physique to strut around on the beach - far from it.
It's just a matter of preference.. Would you rather have an engine with alot of vroom and roaring rev-juice? Or would you rather have an engine that gives alot of explosive power and high speed?

--------------------

Edited by SkorpivoMusterion (09/11/05 10:19 AM)

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #4645725 - 09/11/05 01:27 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Good points. As soon as I put on some weight to match my height( 6' 6") I thing ill give this routine a go. HAve you tried it? If so how have your results been?

P.S. I've had the same problem with the "The form is no longer valid". It's a bitch.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#4646074 - 09/11/05 03:07 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Damn that's a lot of pushups. I'm sure you'd build a fucking solid core muscle and tweak your body out like crazy. I could probably do a couple hundred pushups, but you'd get such a crazy burn after. Ouch.

I just started becoming dedicated to working out again a few months ago and regardless of what routine you use (and so long as it works for your body), it's definitely rewarding. I'd probably try a similar routine next spring/summer but it's off season now, time to bulk up. :headbang:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Become the strongest pound for pound person around [Re: browndustin]
    #4646127 - 09/11/05 03:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

For me, situps = 10X difficulty of Pushups

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Become the strongest pound for pound person around *DELETED* [Re: debianlinux]
    #4646444 - 09/11/05 04:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry

--------------------

User Gallery

Re: Become the strongest pound for pound person around [Re: blink]
    #4646482 - 09/11/05 04:58 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

For me, situps are just more mentally challenging, not so much physically. The abdominus rectus is built for endurance..
As for pushups, I'll enjoy doing those, yet I struggle a little more at the same time.

--------------------

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
    #4646520 - 09/11/05 05:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Pullups are the ones that suck. 10 and I'm sore.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

OfflineNashbar
just strange.... on drugs
Male User Gallery
Loc: strawberry field
Re: Become the strongest pound for pound person around [Re: Jadian]
    #4646571 - 09/11/05 05:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I weigh about 150lb at about 3% body fat. I bench pressed and squatted double that, curled and military pressed that, all the while I ran marathons and did triathlons.

Turns out that that kind of excercise is good for weight-loss, short term strength and fitness, try maintaining that for a couple years and your body will start falling apart.

15 years later, I'm still a young man and couldn't run if I tried, can't walk more than a mile without severe pain in hips, knees and ankles. Ruptured achilles on my bike, shoulder surgery from swimming, almost no meniscus left in my knees... Everything in moderation!!!

Edited by Nashbar (09/11/05 05:31 PM)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Become the strongest pound for pound person around [Re: Nashbar]
    #4646573 - 09/11/05 05:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So it is healthy for the long-term to be a couch potato?

OfflineNashbar
Male User Gallery
    #4646577 - 09/11/05 05:31 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Nashbar said:
Everything in moderation!!!

those exercise shows on PBS for old people are usually done while sitting on the couch

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4646600 - 09/11/05 05:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Dude...this is seriously a big problem in America. Everybody I know who was in super good shape as a high school student (gymnasts, wrestlers, football players, etc...) are ALL fucked up with problems from that physical activity. They have arthritis, bad knees, bad backs, and on and on.

I'm kind of glad I was a slacker.

OfflineNashbar
Male User Gallery
Re: Become the strongest pound for pound person around [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4646608 - 09/11/05 05:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

true true, I couldn't have said it better... sitting around stoned with some friends in high school we questioned what would happen to our bodies in the future. Most of them turned to drinking and partying and the couch. I ruined my body and now have turned to drinking and drugs to get that rush...

OfflineNashbar
Male User Gallery
    #4646620 - 09/11/05 05:46 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm still in incredible shape, yoga type excercise is far far better for you than anything involving that much extreme motion... still weigh 150lb. 15 years after high school, same weight as freshman year, no fat... can't lift heavy or go anywhere fast, but whatever, I'll outlive all those straightedge kids that sit on the couch eating Doritos

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
    #4646622 - 09/11/05 05:48 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not even 20 yet and my back is fucked for life. Thanks hockey.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub