Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOsculateOfDemise
Female User Gallery

Anybody else have problems with finding good friends? *DELETED*
    #4590239 - 08/28/05 05:52 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by OsculateOfDemise

Reason for deletion: .

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineScrewjack
The InvisibleMan

Loc: Underground
Re: Anybody else have problems with finding good friends? [Re: OsculateOfDemise]
    #4590267 - 08/28/05 06:43 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It's not easy to find people you completely connect with.  I personally think being a part of any 'scene' is lame and unnecessary, so I just be myself.  That way the right people will have an easier time finding you.

I think it's possible to be into drugs and still keep the friends you have.  If you're still in high school, then I can see what you're saying, as far as groups and cliques go, all of that shit.  I went through a bit of that in high school, when I started hanging around the potheads I alienated myself from most of my other friends, but we still kept in contact and they're still my friends.  We grew up and realized we were friends for a reason, despite any differences in lifestyles.  If you're in college, I haven't gone yet so I don't know if all of this carries through to there as well. I'm told it doesn't.

Flaky liars and dumbasses aren't limited to any particular scene either.  You run into those everywhere you go.

Good luck in your search.  :thumbup:  :heart:

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: Anybody else have problems with finding good friends? [Re: Screwjack]
    #4590279 - 08/28/05 07:13 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

yea,finding true friends is hard. the best friends ive had are all living in other countries, and recently ive been havign trouble finding good friends (now that im getting out of the drug scene, i havent smoked up in like 2 or 3 years now). but its not about whether you take drugs i think. its just the type of people you meet and whether they are compatible or not.

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Anybody else have problems with finding good friends? [Re: eligal]
    #4590342 - 08/28/05 09:34 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

as everyone has said, finding real, true friends is not easy. I had some very good friends before i started using and once i started smoking daily and going to school stoned and etc... i only had 2 or 3 friends, 1 who i trust a lot. One of my old super-good friends got mad at me for it, but continued to be my friend until i made better grades last year then he did even though i was a "pot-head" and fucked up most of my waking hours. I've learned though, drugs are not as necessary as i thought they were, not that i still don't get high multiple times a day, but that I don't need them to survive, they just help functioning.

Quote:

smoke pot about 3-4 times a week, and experimented with other drugs but that doesn't make me the stereotypical drop out stupid kid that you see on the commercials. I maintain excellent grades and make sure my school work, family, and friends come first before the drugs.

I've known plenty of ppl that partied harder than i ever have, and possibly will, that were in honors courses and making straight A's etc...Being a "dumb pot-head" is just a cliche enstilled in people to persuade them from using, though a lot of dumb people, no offense to anyone but I've known a few of those too, use.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Anybody else have problems with finding good friends? [Re: demiu5]
    #4590563 - 08/28/05 12:37 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I lost the majority of my friends when we started smoking. The pot just became the priority and not each other.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineWeAreAllOne
Opethian

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Anybody else have problems with finding good friends? [Re: freddurgan]
    #4590718 - 08/28/05 01:50 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

To tell you the truth, I never really had friends until I started

smoking.  I know that should scream to me, "they aren't true friends,"

but... beggars can't be choosers, I guess.  Recently, though, I've

found myself growing apart from them.  I think I just like being alone

better.  Company isn't all it's cracked up to be.

:heart:

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Re: Anybody else have problems with finding good friends? [Re: WeAreAllOne]
    #4590799 - 08/28/05 02:23 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

indeed, same here.

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Anybody else have problems with finding good friends? [Re: OsculateOfDemise]
    #4591598 - 08/28/05 06:48 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Finding good friends is very hard.

I'm very lucky with my friends. I met two of my best friends when I was 4 years old. We went to the same school for 14years. We have formed each other and I do trust them with my life. We have more or less the same interests, but are very different persons. Our sense of humor is the same and we see each other 1-4 times a week. I have five other good friends who I know for 5 years now. We go on vacation together, we party, we talk, some of us smoke, some of us trip, everybody respects each other and we have great times. It is fucking great to know so many cool people.

And I have a girlfriend who was a good friend of me before we fell in love. I see her as a very good friend and as a girlfriend. She is not into drugs, but she doesn't care about my use and she is interested in why I use drugs and what I learn from it.

I've not made new (real)friends in the last 3years and I've lost a few not so good friends, but cool people. I tried to make new friend at my new study, after high school, but I could not find people who had the potential to become a good friend. I'm lucky that I already have friends for life, but I do know how hard it is to find good friends.

You have to meet many people if you want to find a single person who can become a good friend. Go out and meet people is the only advice I can give you. Play a team sport, meet people from the Shroomery, etc, etc....

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4591616 - 08/28/05 06:51 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

as you get older, people seem to drift away and go do their own thing,
just do your own thing , and you,ll have all you need.

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
    #4592011 - 08/28/05 08:54 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

IME it's the opposite, ever since i got into the drug scen I vecame much more social, made so many really good, life-long friends, etc. My guess is that you're still in HS....once you get out and move on to greener pastures you'll meet more people like yourself.

--------------------

OfflineJaimie
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Canada
Re: Anybody else have problems with finding good friends? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4592400 - 08/28/05 10:38 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I definately have this problem. For at least the past year I have only had two people close enough to speak completely openly with. What's worse is that one has moved far away. The other recently decided (not an easy decision) that we shouldn't talk anymore because he has been so in love with my for over a year that he hurts every day. :frown:

I feel like I have more to offer than some flaky, surface friendship and it hurts that I can't find people to accept it.

So even though mine has nothing to do with drugs, I completely understand. Hope things work out well for you.

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: Anybody else have problems with finding good friends? [Re: Jaimie]
    #4595541 - 08/29/05 05:53 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I have a similar problem, i know some good people but i don't have anyone (besides my girlfriend) whom i can meet up with and open up to and talk about everything with.

Sometimes i wish i just had someone on my level to talk to :frown:
(Anyone on my level?)

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

OfflinePmog
I's

Loc: (No)r(way)
Re: Anybody else have problems with finding good friends? [Re: mikeyboy]
    #4595606 - 08/29/05 06:15 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Why try, when you in doing, did not fail?

test trying to try in attempting to assume you could do it?

the sum of the parts, may ...

--------------------
Life! = !Life

Life = birthing
Life = dying

!life = death <-> birth = life!
--------------------
:frown: !LIVE! :smile:
--------------------

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #4595688 - 08/29/05 06:39 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

yeah ive only found one really truly good friend in my entire life. and we're best friends. otherwise the other friends ive met and the people i meet aren't really anything like me and i dont feel like they really can be friends of mine. some still are of coarse, but i mean most the majority i just dont even put any time into.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
    #4596800 - 08/29/05 11:28 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yep, it's true. I wonder about this often. I think it is harder on me because I've moved away from the area I grew up in, so, it's like everywhere I go, I meet people on their own terms. I am the outsider so to speak.
And yeah, I don't have any real friends. I do, but I think I consider them to be aquaintences because I'm not really sure how much I can trust them. Then again, they don't visit me on a regular basis, I go to see them sometimes, but I don't have alot of time to do that.
I like tripping, I wish I knew some people who were good at it. People seem to be intrigued when they find you can help them "get off", but, yeah, they always turn out to be flakes or lame or something.  :crazy:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflinePeyoteZen
Save The Republic
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Again!
    #4600280 - 08/30/05 08:22 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

The best friends i've ever had were at least 2 years older than me...  :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinelongtimegone
Isis Luna
Female
Loc: Colorado
    #4600461 - 08/30/05 09:08 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I found that I did not enjoy my non-drug friends as much after I got into drugs. For me, drugs are a part of my life that I really respect and take much care of... so people that are against drugs- I find myself annoyed with, and people that just don't do them- I find hard to relate to. So, right there, a lot of potential "friends" are cut. So, I guess for anyone to know me really well, they have to know and somewhat understand my enjoyment of drugs, which I guess means that they use them themselves.

Also, when I first started using drugs it took me awhile to realize that there was a definite change in social identity taking place due to the drugs for me. To over-generalize, I went from being "normal" to abnormal by society's terms. Once I relaxed about not being accepted by society and hence my non-drug using friends- I was able to appreciate the relationships with the non-drug using friends for what they were and open up to meeting people that shared the interest in drugs. (though I still too have trouble finding close friends, but it worries me much less than it used to)

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Anybody else have problems with finding good friends? [Re: longtimegone]
    #4600527 - 08/30/05 09:28 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i haven't had best friends in the significant "soulmate" type of way since childhood.

one i moved away from.

one moved away from me.

and one turned on me to be popular, then moved away.

one joined the army and has set himself on a reckless path that i do not agree with.

and the one that's still here i don't have a ton in common with any more and really we just hang out and do trivial things.

So yeah. Friendships seem to be very difficult when you "grow up" as opposed to being best friends with anyone at all in your younger days.

Drugs haven't helped frienships for me, either, but they haven't hurt them.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Anybody else have problems with finding good friends? [Re: leery11]
    #4602738 - 08/31/05 09:49 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

not accusing anyone here, but if drugs hold your friendship together than I wouldn't assume its much of a friendship. ask yourself, if you stopped doing all drugs right now, would you still have alot in common with these people? would you still be hanging out on a regular basis?

Offlinegbhtrfv
journeyman
Re: Anybody else have problems with finding good friends? [Re: Grav]
    #4604089 - 08/31/05 04:38 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

That goes the same with any shared interest between friendships. Most of the time, people hang out with others who share the same interest. What's wrong if that happens to be drugs? I don't think it's a proper way to measure the quality of a relationship.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being