Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
This forum is
    #1313208 - 02/17/03 05:41 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

So is like a Narcotics Anonymous forum?

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous #1

Re: This forum is [Re: Cracka_X]
    #1313221 - 02/17/03 05:48 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Huh?

Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
    #1313229 - 02/17/03 05:59 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

but even more anonymous because no one meets each other here.

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1313315 - 02/17/03 07:22 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i think the idea of this forum is quite sad...but everything is worth a try i guess.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1313379 - 02/17/03 08:00 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

A very good idea........if moderated closely.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

OfflineCryptic
WarpedCndn

Loc: Canada
Re: This forum is [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1313468 - 02/17/03 08:58 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

personally i think its a good idea, there have been countless times where i felt i couldent confide in anyone close to me without being burned, and i confided in friends off the net..

its really helpful in my opinion

--------------------
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

While the Trees Grow out of your Skin, Can i plant you so a forest will grow?
"When you want it, it goes away to Fast. Times you hate it always seem to last" - Marilyn Manson

OfflineMojo_Risin
Man

Loc: United States of America ...
Re: This forum is [Re: Cryptic]
    #1313535 - 02/17/03 09:26 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

understandable but sad..

--------------------
Fear    attracts  energy  that can expose one to be coerced. Learn to overcome fear and develop enlightenment.

Freedom Equality Justice (3 of 12 Jewels of Life)

Nov.11th Veterans Ron Paul Moneybomb...www.Ronpaul2012.com

Check out campaignforliberty.com

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: This forum is [Re: Mojo_Risin]
    #1313545 - 02/17/03 09:30 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

that was my point. If it helps then ok but i just feel that we live in a society that dwells on our personal problems too much. I agree that it gets hard from time to time and you have to talk to someone but i have a real distaste for support groups in general.

But if people think they need this forum then i say go for it.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #1313617 - 02/17/03 10:08 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Most of the time ignoring problems can be worse than addressing them. If the purpose of a support group is to try and talk problems out, then how can you call that sad? But it is true that some people just like to wallow in thier percieved problems, Which are in fact just creations of thier own mind. Sometimes these problems come from character flaws and lack of positive action. Those people can be helped in a forum like this as well by gently pointing that out. If you genuinely care about people that is. If people getting together to talk problems out truly disgusts you, go somewhere else. I look forward to reading these posts.

--------------------
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: This forum is [Re: sirreal]
    #1313667 - 02/17/03 10:37 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

****Most of the time ignoring problems can be worse than addressing them****

Noone is saying ignor them

****If the purpose of a support group is to try and talk problems out, then how can you call that sad?****

I call it sad because too many in society are to dependant on "virtual" friends when there are people in their everyday life that would probably be better at evaluation

****If people getting together to talk problems out truly disgusts you, go somewhere else. ****

Why are you getting defensive? I did say if it helps people then i'm all for it. It is apparant you have some issues to discuss and this forum may be for you...relax

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #1313724 - 02/17/03 11:01 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I call it sad because too many in society are to dependant on "virtual" friends when there are people in their everyday life that would probably be better at evaluation

Usually the people in our "everyday lives" are the most judgemental of us. while alot of what they say is true, it is the way they say it that can usually do more harm than good. The people close to us usually have expectations that cloud thier judgement. They can't always help analyze the problems objectively. Someone not so involved can often offer a more objective perspective.

And yes, I do have issues. Don't we all?

--------------------
-----------

OfflineCryptic
WarpedCndn

Loc: Canada
    #1313761 - 02/17/03 11:14 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yup you nailed it right on the head there

Virtual friends are the same as normal friends, they are just lacking a physical form. I dont rely on Virtual friends for Help when i am down, but there are some occasions where going to Close friends will just spread like wildfire, and in those cases its usually more harmful then it is helpful.

going to Parents can even have its problems sometimes. and i HATE going to Psychologists/Councellors. So friends online are there when they are needed. because they dont see you in your day to day life for the most part.. its seems safer to tell them certain information, but then again it all depends on how well you know the person and if you can trust the person with sensitive information that you cant trust anyone else with.. or you believe you cant trust anyone else with

--------------------
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

While the Trees Grow out of your Skin, Can i plant you so a forest will grow?
"When you want it, it goes away to Fast. Times you hate it always seem to last" - Marilyn Manson

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: This forum is [Re: Cryptic]
    #1314018 - 02/17/03 12:48 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

****Virtual friends are the same as normal friends, they are just lacking a physical form*****

don't you find that sad?

My question i guess is, how did people solve problems before the internet and support groups?  For example: I've noticed that with a society moving towards a computer oriented life there are many that seem to lack "people skills" and seem to be very depressed, moreso than in the past.  I'm not one of those "Computers are evil people" but what i do have a problem with is people spending all day in front of a computer (like i am now :smirk:) trying to figure out why they don't fit in or are unhappy.

I remember when i was a kid my mom would kick me out of the house on a nice day and told me to go play and not come in the house...........come to think about it my parents were probably having sex....*shivers* :crazy:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1314029 - 02/17/03 12:50 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe this forum is a good idea, i'll give it a chance and see......i have my doubts but oh well.

and yes we all have problems, including Bill Gates.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #1314075 - 02/17/03 01:03 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I see the internet as a great way for people to find out what is really going on out there. In this technological age we have ,for the most part, had to rely on the media to get a perspective on society. To find out what is expected of us on a social level. The internet allows us to connect with our "neighbors" in a way that has not been possible. Directly. And the internet also allows for a forthrightness that is not always possible in our interpersonal relationships. I think it has alot of possibilities. Especially in regards to self help.

I do not think that spending time communicating with others on-line neccasarily diminishes social skills. I have learned a little about how other people think on-line.

--------------------
-----------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1314167 - 02/17/03 01:32 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Im glad this forum is here now . i mean not only for my own problems that i would like to discuss or at least adress and talk with people and relate but, i think this may be what a lot of people need. how often do you have a huge place with lots of people where the majority are so open minded as here on the shroomery? i think we might be able to make lots of progress.

i think that the problem with society is that they DONT adress their problems and instead just act them out instead of dealing with really important issues. What do you see in our society today? people who can simply NOT get along to get jobs done, run public schools, run the government, the list goes on. I think this is why our world is so messed up because people cant put their personal problems aside and work together... but thats why i think this forum is going to be good for a lot of people.

but i think you make a VERY  :wink:  important point, once its adressed and been confronted.. move on. dont dwell and let the wound fester.

--------------------
What?

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #1314183 - 02/17/03 01:37 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

and yes we all have problems, including Bill Gates.

Yes, I am sure he does. And look at how successful he is!

--------------------
-----------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1314267 - 02/17/03 02:15 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Personally I agree with you... the idea of having a dedicated "caring" forum...it's like parodying ourselves... I mean we talk about the shroomery being this "community"... I say the only advice that's worth listening to is the advice of a close friend... someone who actually knows you.

At the shroomery, and I guess to a certain extent in life too, we seem to become embodiments of a particular trait, and it becomes who we are. I say people are not like that. There is a kind of transient-ness to us that i think is central to what life is all about. Being human. I suppose it's all part of our consumer culture ..that if we do "this" (in our case log on to the shroomery) we can get "that" - even to the point where Care has become some kind of a commodity. Does anyone know what I'm trying to say?

I think the only way to live, in any reasonable definition of the word, is to get together as a community - as in real life togetherness - and actually talk about our ideas and our concerns and how we can move forward, in the flux like nature of things instead of the roles and the habits and the routines.

Why embody the role of the carer? And why seek care in the first place? To seek care implies that you have some flaw, some trait which is somehow undesirable....the truth is that there are no ways of being. We are forever at the cutting edge. We are the people who define what it means to be .....whatever it is that we're defining. it's about shaping the future through the present . we are the cutting edge. define define define. NOW! It's the only time there is. Let's move forward - into the future... Push things forward..

--------------------

Edited by Revelation (02/17/03 02:16 PM)

OfflineKB1EWE
WIDE-EYEDCURIOSITY
Loc: f(s) = (8t^2-3t+35)/ i
    #1314270 - 02/17/03 02:16 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i think this forum is for the people that post those threads in the other drugs forum that sound sorta like "OMFG i have a fuckin prob..."

not a bad idea

just hope people respect it

--------------------
E A T T H E W O R M...with moderation

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: This forum is [Re: Revelation]
    #1314320 - 02/17/03 02:41 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe they should rename this forum then. The idea behind it is good. Like the mushroom cultivation forum where people go when thier friends :smirk: have problems cultivating mushrooms. They can go there and get some advice on a problem that they may be having. Well, we are all working at cultivating this thing called life, and can give pointers when someone is having a hard time producing fruit. :smile: Maybe they could rename it "life cultivation". No, to corny. But you get what I mean.

--------------------
-----------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being