Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesuzie_girl
journeyman
Loc: The Proud and Ignorant So...
pf pfatties
    #455955 - 11/12/01 12:13 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

For my first attempt at growing, i used spores from PF (PF original and mazatec). The PFs only grew short and fat, with a tiny cap that never opens. Got some material from the first flush, but no "real" shrooms. Shaved it, and mycelia grew back quickly for second flush, but they are looking the same--nothing like the pics of PF. Any suggestions? Growing in poor man's ter., and Maz's are doing great in same. Directly on perlite, with plenty of water, heat and light. Thanks.

--------------------

Edited by suzie_girl (11/12/01 03:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesuzie_girl
journeyman
Re: pf pfatties [Re: suzie_girl]
    #456141 - 11/12/01 03:33 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

lots of people reading this, but no responses....surely someone knows the answer

--------------------

OfflineGroove_N
    #456175 - 11/12/01 04:07 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Make sure you have plenty of air exchange. Minimum of 1-2 times a day.
1. What is your temp?
2. How are you regulating the temp?
3. Are you picking them to early? (Caps that never open)?
4. How long are you waiting before you pick them?
5. What is the cap color? Does it change?

Invisiblesnoopy
Stranger
    #456240 - 11/12/01 05:11 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I also have grown PF CLassic, and may other strains.. B+, pF hawaiians, etc
From my experience the PF CLassic shrooms do not look like the 'model' shroom. They don't have great big caps like the B+ series. They tend to be about 4-5"s and 'fat' and I mean really fat stems. The caps will be a dark magenta, when the veil breaks they will start to turn a lighter orangish color. This is the time to pick. It sounds like your PF shrooms are normal, just that type of strain. Don't let the looks fool you they contain some wonderful magic those PF's

Invisiblesnoopy
Stranger
    #456241 - 11/12/01 05:12 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I also have grown PF CLassic, and may other strains.. B+, pF hawaiians, etc
From my experience the PF CLassic shrooms do not look like the 'model' shroom. They don't have great big caps like the B+ series. They tend to be about 4-5"s and 'fat' and I mean really fat stems. The caps will be a dark magenta, when the veil breaks they will start to turn a lighter orangish color. This is the time to pick. It sounds like your PF shrooms are normal, just that type of strain don't have big fruiting caps. However don't let the looks fool you they contain some wonderful magic those PF's

Offlinesuzie_girl
journeyman
Re: pf pfatties [Re: snoopy]
    #456776 - 11/13/01 07:11 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Like i said, this is my first time growing, and it's pretty low budget until I get the hang of it; actually, my poor man terrs are in a cardboard box next to my desk at the office; i turn on a light inside for part of the day, to give light, increase the temp and humidity; cakes are sitting directly on perlite. I did harvest some of the pf's, but haven't consumed any...tried to pick those pfatties and hoping for better on the second flush; maybe just need to exper with diff strains

--------------------

OfflineTeiro
Earth Entitie
Loc: A Sunny Beach in a Tropic...
    #456818 - 11/13/01 08:49 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

A guess is that your humidity is low.
Can you post a picture?

--------------------
Life does not have to be necessarily long. It just has to be good. Be wise. Peace, Love, Flower Power.

OfflineSantacloset
Stranger
Loc: Southeast
    #456835 - 11/13/01 09:13 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I've found that the Maz cakes produce better when directly on the perlite... while the PF cakes don't. The PFs seem to produce much better with some barrier (jar lid, foil) between them and the perlite, while the Maz seem to be the opposite.

Try a barrier for the PFs. If they are still healthy cakes, you should have pins in a day.

Offlinesuzie_girl
journeyman
Re: pf pfatties [Re: Santacloset]
    #456840 - 11/13/01 09:28 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the barrier tip; I have two cakes of PF so I'll put a plastic lid under one and see if it makes a diff.

I'm sure they are getting plenty of air, since they are right next to the desk where they are fanned regularly.

--------------------

Offlinesuzie_girl
journeyman
    #460231 - 11/16/01 07:51 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I took the advice i got here; I put a plastic lid under my PF strain cake and it's made a huge diff; guess they don't like sitting directly on the perlite like Maz do...also, I started giving less light (which also lowered the temp) and getting better results....thanks to those who responded

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract