Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
bad karma good karma
    #4549983 - 08/18/05 01:20 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

so what I do in this life resonates in the next? so if I do something bad, i get treated badly in the next life...is that how it works?

bad to whom?

good to whom?

the observer?

i know what goes around comes around, but that's just how things work, is that a mystical force?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: bad karma good karma [Re: kaiowas]
    #4549996 - 08/18/05 01:23 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It's contained in your Akashic records of course, and your eternal soul vibrates your deeds up to your Akashic records. Say your records are a massive tongue, and your soul is the willing young vagina of a middle school girl. Any juices sent out by the soul will only be spread back into it by the tongue.

Not that I have any evidence, but what does evidence matter nowadays? We can make up anything we want and assume people will believe it, because that's what spirituality is all about!

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4550007 - 08/18/05 01:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think there's "good" karma.. and "bad" karma

Good and bad are subjective.. for the most part

I think of karma more like a universal balancing force.. like gravity :smile:

However in my (completely subjective) perception of karma.. if one does "bad" to someone.. the 'karma' will show you lessons.. it's up to you to balance it out. I don't think of karma like you do something wrong.. the universe punishes you. I don't think it works like that. More like... if you dig a hole in the sand at the beach, it's gonna get filled with water when the tide rises. That's just how it works.. nothing inherently good or bad about it.. just the way it is.

It's only 'mystical' if you want it to be. It's just natural.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: bad karma good karma [Re: Shroomism]
    #4550018 - 08/18/05 01:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What about might makes right? If you kill anybody who has any potential to get revenge on you for your actions, then theoretically you should have massive bad karma, but realistically you'll be completely set.

Karma only semi-works because human nature is vengeful.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: bad karma good karma [Re: Ravus]
    #4550026 - 08/18/05 01:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

How will you be completely set? Explain..
What if their brother comes after you in your sleep?

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4550030 - 08/18/05 01:30 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

karma - you reap what you sow

karma - we polluted the oceans and rivers.. now we eat mercury tainted fish

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #4550037 - 08/18/05 01:32 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

vaginal excretions....the tide coming in...sounds like karma is the cosmos's way of getting you wet.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4550045 - 08/18/05 01:33 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

karma - we polluted the oceans and rivers.. now we eat mercury tainted fish

I think that's called shitting in your bed. :wink:

That's just common sense; poison the fishtank and you poison the fish. Yet in more realistic examples, Karma often doesn't come into play, unless it's in "the next life".

--------------------

OfflineMyOwnReality
OrigionalPranksta
Male
Loc: The Road to Everywhere
    #4550049 - 08/18/05 01:33 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ah hello Kaiowas my good gathering friend! Long time no communicate! My personal philosophy on the whole thing is that there is no write and wrong, there are only causes, effects and views. I feel that alot of this is based on the idea that if you cause pain, suffering, and anguish, to people or other organisms(can you cause pain to a thing???) that is what is what produces bad karma, and actions of which the effect strengthens the life force of another person/organism are what cause good karma. Is one a bringer of death, or a keeper of life?

In this life it is impossible to go through without accumulating some bad karma, but one can negate that with good karma, personally I try to achieve balance(at least for now), but it could very well be that higher beings than myself could strive for a more positive roll. Is that possible? I'm not quite sure. On the other hand perhaps there is no reincarnation and we're all fools for trying to lead some sorta life for promises of a better one in the next. In the end, I feel that to achieve the best is to advance oneself as much as one can, for me that is very much a spiritual thing. Perhaps in that context that by becoming a greater individual at death than at birth, or at least balancing out, I may or may not move on to something as good or better. Does that make sense?
-MOR

--------------------
www.youtube.com/morstories

OfflineDeviate
    #4550053 - 08/18/05 01:34 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

as i understand it karma is cause and affect exactly as the above poster stated. for example if i wake up and go to work tomorrow i will get paid and may get promoted but if i stay home and watch tv i might get fired. you could attatch the labels of good and bad to that and claim that staying home and watching tv when you are supposed to be working is bad karma or you can simply observe the chain of cause and affect.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: bad karma good karma [Re: Deviate]
    #4550076 - 08/18/05 01:38 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

But cause and effect is not thought of as karma.

If someone kills a victim, then completely covers up the crime scene and buries the victim in the middle of the woods without ever getting caught, the victim will have suffered, the family will suffer, and the killer will simply get away with it because of causality.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4550093 - 08/18/05 01:42 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You really think it's that simple?

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4550120 - 08/18/05 01:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think it's clear enough that a killer without remorse won't suffer, yet the victims and the family will. All we have is this life, and he gets away scott-free.

There is no karma. We are simply animals like any other, following the potential Darwinism has given us. The only wrong actions we can take are those that do not fulfill this potential, not those that give us "bad karma".

If someone doesn't have remorse, and doesn't get caught, explain to me how it's not that simple. Sure, it may have wasted a few hours of his time and some of his energy to dig that hole and dump the body in, but I wouldn't call that karma.

--------------------

OfflineDeviate
    #4550162 - 08/18/05 01:57 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

aren't you making an big assumption when saying that all we have is this life? and since your entire argument rests on that assumption i fail to see how it is relavent to karmic philosophy.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4550172 - 08/18/05 01:59 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Occam's razor old friend. Do you have any evidence that would support the expansion of that theory, or do you want us to have uncertainty in every word we utter?

--------------------

OfflineDeviate
    #4550190 - 08/18/05 02:02 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

evidence that would support the expansion of what theory?

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4550231 - 08/18/05 02:12 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The theory of consciousness and life. Currently, we notice the evidence all points to our existence being contained in the degradable, biological brain. If this is true, then when the brain gets a bullet put in it or it gets eaten by the worms, then consciousness and your entire reality disappear. What evidence would support the contradiction of this theory?

--------------------

OfflineDeviate
    #4550439 - 08/18/05 03:12 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

there is absolutely no evidence that suggests existance is limited to the physical brain/body. any "evidence" for such a statement is explained equally well by the opposing theories. Occam's razor fails to verify your theory for 2 reasons. one is that claiming existance is limited to the brain is not necessarily the simplest explanation and two you would at least need some type of corroborating evidence before you could make such a bold claim based on occam's razor alone.

as far as evidence for an afterlife , i am no expert on the subject. however according to many researchers there are cases of children who remember past lives where the possibility of fraud has been ruled out and reincarnation appears to be the most logical explanation for the data collected. i'm sure if you look around this website http://www.near-death.com/ you can find the scientific evidence and decide for yourself.

i used to think exactly the way you do until i had some experiences in which i questioned the very nature of awareness. if you want to understand my view of conciousness, study the teachings of ramana maharshi. i was extremely skeptical at first but i found all my experience (not just spiritual experience but ALL experience) seemed to fit with what he was saying better than any other explanation i had been exposed to. not only was he able to provide me with a satisfactory explanation for my conciousness, i was able to directly experience the truth of what he was saying to the point where i couldn't deny it any longer. i eventually dismissed my old veiws as nonsensical and adopted a new view of existance which now seems like common sense and which i am always directly aware of to some degree. he provides a rational explanation for the theories of reincarnation, the soul, Gods etc while maintaning that from the standpoint of the absolute they do not really exist.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4550681 - 08/18/05 06:33 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

in abhidhamma it is analysed as follows:

any moment of consciousness may be accompanied by feelings which are one of 3 kinds:

pleasureable..... indifferent.... painful.....

these are the results of karma (which is a brain filter (i.e. self imposed))

abhidhamma analyses the source of pleasureable karmic results to be moments which were accompanied by attitude that is generous, loving, and bright or aware.

they attributed the source of painful karmic results to be moments which were accompanied by attitude that is greedy, hateful, or ignorant or wrong minded.

thus - every time a being is bullyish, the set themselves up for pain, and everytime the being is goodly they set themselves up for pleasure.

the karmic results can be delayed or instantaneous.

it is not about events which occur, but in the conscious perception of events, and the originating conscious attitudes. Hence the same event sequence can be experienced very differently by differently predisposed beings.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Edited by redgreenvines (08/18/05 06:35 AM)

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #4550693 - 08/18/05 06:53 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ah! Can't... breathe. Stinks like.. unfounded bullshit... everywhere!

--------------------
Namaste

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom