Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
death?
    #4547682 - 08/17/05 07:27 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

hmm, where to start.. first i think i'll say that this will probably sound weird to you guys

what is so wrong with death, why do people fear it so much.. its not that i have a bad life, its not that i have a great life either. I'm bored though, i plan to perhaps have some experience with psychedelics that i have not yet, then, after one last sober look back, take my life.

now, why is this looked down upon by the majority of people i find curious. I think that it may be because they are scared, that they really truly just don't know what will happen to them. I cannot relate to this though, for i don't care. At least i will have some peace of mind knowing what is really going on, even if i am stuck to eternal damnation and i will be tortured with the worst things ever to be devised in any realm of existence. At least i will have peace of mind and know what this universe/reality or whatever one i go to is made of, and how it works and what is really going on.

Again, is there something wrong with this??

As the saying goes.. curiosity killed the cat.

So am i curious as to what is really going on, and how my existence works. And worse case scenario i become nothingness, which in all honesty isn't such a bad thing.

Why are people so scared of the unknown, i find it rather immature that so many people are (im not accusing anyone on this forum of that) but most people i meet, minus a select few, are deaftly afraid of death (no pun intended).

What is your guys' view on death and suicide?

I think that if the person is ready to face up to the unknown we should allow them to do such, and not be greedy power hungry assholes that dont want them to die merely because they're worth a little more alive to me than dead.

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: death? [Re: SerioOria]
    #4547731 - 08/17/05 07:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

this may(-)be (...?), death! :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineDeviate
    #4547734 - 08/17/05 07:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i think people are afraid of death becayse they have a powerful instinct to survive. people are afraid of change and death is the ultimate change. if you are beyond attachtments to anything in this world then there is no reason to fear death. i think people look down on suicide because they consider it a selfish act. why kill yourself when you still have so much left you could give to this planet?

Edited by Deviate (08/17/05 07:40 PM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: death? [Re: Deviate]
    #4547747 - 08/17/05 07:39 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

YES!

Death is change..
and change is changing..

change in Gomp, and change in other.. always ever changing, are we not death? living our life's?

->(Death as the opposite of Birth,)<- as the thing we call life?

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4547748 - 08/17/05 07:39 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Nothing wrong with it to me and nothing right either. Only thinking makes it so. But if you're curious check this out. You will die for sure, but you will not live again for sure. How about trying out all the different ways of living first. It's fear that keeps people stuck in their boring ways. If you have the courage to try things you will not stay bored for long. For you I would guess,(from your post) killing yourself would be a fear driven act. It would be you who is scared of the unknown. :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Re: death? [Re: Icelander]
    #4547774 - 08/17/05 07:45 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

only the fear of not knowing the unknown, not of the unkown itself

and i said there are still things i am going to experience in this life, i just don't care enough to stick around in this realm when there could really be other, much better planes of existence

so im a selfish bastard on a different level than most people, thats it

--------------------
or
My ArT!!

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#4547779 - 08/17/05 07:46 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

"i just don't care enough to stick around in this realm when there could really be other, much better planes of existence"

Hum, I gotta ask.. can you recall your dreams?

:smile:

(uhm, that sounded wrong.. I mean lucid dreaming I guess.. (just consider this post deleted, due to lac of reason. hahaha) :wink: )

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (08/17/05 07:47 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4547804 - 08/17/05 07:52 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

so im a selfish bastard on a different level than most people, thats it

Was that a question or a statement? :wink:

I don't think you're selfish. It's your life. I just think you are having some angst around this material existence. Join the club.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineSuperLazy
As lazy as theycome

#4547814 - 08/17/05 07:53 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Like the Jefferson's would say...death is just " movin on up":lol:...to whatever comes next in the great beyond.

--------------------
" Don't ration your compassion " - unknown

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Re: death? [Re: SuperLazy]
    #4547891 - 08/17/05 08:06 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

"i just don't care enough to stick around in this realm when there could really be other, much better planes of existence"

Hum, I gotta ask.. can you recall your dreams?

(uhm, that sounded wrong.. I mean lucid dreaming I guess.. (just consider this post deleted, due to lac of reason. hahaha) )

umm, i can usually recall my dreams ok, im not lucid or have any control over them yet.

although, i am in the process of learning the art of astral projection, which many people associate with lucid dreams, which i believe is why my dream recall has increased so dramatically in the past few weeks

Quote:

Was that a question or a statement?

I don't think you're selfish. It's your life. I just think you are having some angst around this material existence. Join the club.

little of both i guess, and i think i am 'having some angst around this material existence'

Quote:

Like the Jefferson's would say...death is just " movin on up"...to whatever comes next in the great beyond.

yup, just seein what comes next

--------------------
or
My ArT!!

OfflineDeviate
    #4548293 - 08/17/05 09:25 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i dont see why would you kill yourself just to see what comes next. are you that impatient?

Offlinepsychomime
o_O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4548384 - 08/17/05 09:42 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

so your premise is you want to see what comes next? ok fair enough. Me too. but have you considered everything you would miss out on in life? kids? a wife? a divorce? the ups and downs of life that make it such an awesome ride? you are going to die. no question about it. so why get off the ride before it's finished? sure it may be a crappy ride that wasn't worth it but how the ride goes is up to you. really, what do have to lose? it's not like dying early is going get you more time being dead.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4548432 - 08/17/05 09:50 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SerioOria said:
hmm, where to start.. first i think i'll say that this will probably sound weird to you guys

what is so wrong with death, why do people fear it so much.. its not that i have a bad life, its not that i have a great life either. I'm bored though, i plan to perhaps have some experience with psychedelics that i have not yet, then, after one last sober look back, take my life.

now, why is this looked down upon by the majority of people i find curious. I think that it may be because they are scared, that they really truly just don't know what will happen to them. I cannot relate to this though, for i don't care. At least i will have some peace of mind knowing what is really going on, even if i am stuck to eternal damnation and i will be tortured with the worst things ever to be devised in any realm of existence. At least i will have peace of mind and know what this universe/reality or whatever one i go to is made of, and how it works and what is really going on.

So am i curious as to what is really going on, and how my existence works. And worse case scenario i become nothingness, which in all honesty isn't such a bad thing.

Why are people so scared of the unknown, i find it rather immature that so many people are (im not accusing anyone on this forum of that) but most people i meet, minus a select few, are deaftly afraid of death (no pun intended).

What is your guys' view on death and suicide?

I think that if the person is ready to face up to the unknown we should allow them to do such, and not be greedy power hungry assholes that dont want them to die merely because they're worth a little more alive to me than dead.

nothing wrong with death, but life itself is based on not-death, so
every living organism lives to live, this is the basis of life.
These discussions and everything around us is an expression of life. Death is a negation of everything human, because human is a LIVING being.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: death? [Re: Deviate]
    #4548438 - 08/17/05 09:51 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:
i dont see why would you kill yourself just to see what comes next. are you that impatient?

I am! :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Re: death? [Re: psychomime]
    #4548465 - 08/17/05 09:56 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

well yea, but in all honesty i dont really want all of those things, im becoming sick of the material things that we are bound to

--------------------
or
My ArT!!

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4548644 - 08/17/05 10:24 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Contemplating what happens after death is useless, so don't waste your time with considering matters of no practical worth. Worry about here and now. Death will take care of its self.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
    #4548715 - 08/17/05 10:35 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

The experiences with psychedelics might change your opinion on this. That's the problem with suicide, the way I see it, and it's happened a bunch of times in my life, things can really suck for a long time and you can spend all of you concentration wishing that they were different, and then one day the whole world turns around. ONE thing happens unexpectedly to change your whole view of the world. It happened a lot more when I was younger than it does now, but maybe that was for a reason. I STILL remember that it's possible, so when it doesn't come around as often as I'd like it to, I know that it might.

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: death? [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4548759 - 08/17/05 10:41 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

everyone has there day to die

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4548771 - 08/17/05 10:42 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

"well yea, but in all honesty i dont really want all of those things, im becoming sick of the material things that we are bound to"

You are bound to it because that is the only alternative with your existance. We are physical matter.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4548808 - 08/17/05 10:49 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

There's really no need for suicide unless life has become unbearable suffering. If life is just boring, then why take your life? You'll experience death soon enough anyway; until then, if modern society is really that bad for you, you should go out into wilderness, perhaps go on a quest to learn more about yourself.

People fear death partly because of the religious teachings that have been bred into them, but, like most things religious, these teachings are a reflection of the true instinct developed in us. Christians, Muslims and quite a few other religions teach of the time after death as being a judgement, a court case of types, and if you fail you'll experience torture and pain beyond comprehension for all eternity... unless of course you were a strict follower of that religion. They exploit the natural fear of death in us all, because those humans who feared death the most were those who were most likely to stay far away from it and, in turn, survive and reproduce.

Death itself isn't bad. Dying may be, but I believe death is just a bed of nothingness you'll never feel. I wouldn't go off killing yourself because you want to see what happens because chances are you'll have just wasted the only chance at experience and consciousness you'll ever get.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology