Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: Rose]
    #4545383 -

Mushrooms can access any part of the human experience. Its all part of it. Talking about Spirituality and Philosophy is no more connected to the human/mushroom experience then talking about Ants and Grass. Its all related and its all essential.

The reason why S&P popped up instead of A&G is possibly because our primitive ancestors who ingested shrooms had not yet fully explored the realms of spirituality, gods and ways of interacting with each other and the world. Ants and Grass was known to them and there was not the desire to put so much emphasis on it. It seems that shrooms cropped up at about the same time that man began to question his existance and search for a greater meaning. It is therefor strongly embedded within our cellular and akashic memory a connection between philosophical thought and mushroom ingestion.

I thought I would only be able to be philosophical on mushrooms until I asked myself if to explore new frontiers. I realised I could easily switch between deep meditation and sexual drive. Quite different ends of the common 7 chakras and yet equally supported in both.

I feel there is a strong emphasis on S&P in this time it could be because the majority of man fears for his survival. He desperately seeks the truth. He feels uncertain and he is willing to put his heart on the line and express his opinions in order to reach out and connect with likeminded folk in order to hopefully make the world a better place.

Maybe as more and more people begin to tap into the 'its cool' frequency where I reside most of the time, threads like Ants and Grass will pop up and the meaning and value we derive from exploring these seemingly meaningless worlds will grow exponentially into infinity.


--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: Rose]
    #4545386 -

only ifn I kin find me fluoride free toofpaste


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: Ravus]
    #4545395 -

Are evolution and Scientology his ONLY options?


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: Shroomism]
    #4545399 -

Shroomism said:
only ifn I kin find me fluoride free toofpaste


:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: Rose]
    #4545403 -

Cervantes said:
Are evolution and Scientology his ONLY options?



I never stated that, I simply asked questions. Scientology is a good example of what I'm talking about, since they tell their brainwashed sheep that people we nuked billions of years ago turned to ghosts and are now trying to possess us, and in fact are possessing those who do not cleanse themselves through Scientology.

Reminded me a bit of the soul. :smirk:


--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: Ravus]
    #4545431 -

No question in your last post. :smirk:

Would you say Spirituality is man's creation of god?

Oh, and BTW... you don't reach into your HEAD to reach your soul. :wink:


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: Ravus]
    #4545461 -

heh who said you'd find the soul in your head?
And who said it's even physical?

Isn't the whole evolution theory..... still a theory?

I believe in evolution. But I don't believe that we evolved from single-celled organisms, or whatever. I believe that things evolve to adapt to their environment over time. Like humans losing a pinky toe in the next 100 million years, or whatever. But going from a paramecium to human? Sorry don't buy it. Even over the course of 900 trillion years.. I don't see that happening.

Show me where a seahorse evolved into a seagull.. or a coconut tree evolved into an oak. I don't think things work like that. Reptiles don't just evolve into humans. Monkeys are closely related yes, but there is some very big differences. And if we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys? These questions and much more.

I also believe in Creation. That does not make me a Creationist. I don't believe that God came out of the sky and made the universe in 7 days or whatever. Just like I don't believe that humans evolved from monkeys.

My beliefs fall somewhere in the middle. I believe in a creation, that evolves. We, as human, are creations of that creation. We have the same potential for creation. We can create, and we evolve. Creation and evolution are two parts of the same whole if you ask me.. call it Shroomism if you will. I don't know.

Does bacteria have souls? That's a good question. Probably, if we do. I think that everything has a soul... simply different levels of consciousness. For example, a rock. Not very perceptive of its surroundings. Probably not even aware of it's own existence.. just sits there, being a rock. Denies god and everything else, including itself. And that's just fine. But does the rock exist.. even though it doesn't think that it does? You're damn straight it does!

But just because you believe something doesn't mean that it does or does not exist. In all likelihood... everything exists... and nothing.. as vast and infinite as the universe is...

Damnit you made me make a philosophical post.. I'll get you for this!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: Shroomism]
    #4545473 -

Thanks fur fixin' yur teef!

Well spake!

Entertaining read.

Opinions on the connecton between mushrooms and S&P?


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Edited by Rose (08/17/05 04:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: Rose]
    #4545501 -

Well if I was asking that question... it would be..

Is there anything about mushrooms that AREN'T spiritual?

For you see.. to me.. mushrooms *are* a spiritual tool. Whether deeply meditating on them or laughing my ass off at the profoundness of nothing.. they enable me to see 'deeper' parts of myself that I am usually not consciously aware of. I think that everytime I take mushrooms with an open mind, I learn something new.. about myself. Come to some kind of profound revelation, make new connections.. yes it was all there before I just wasn't looking at it in the right light. Mushrooms help me make those connections. So for me, mushrooms are a tool for the spirit.. and an enjoyment for the body and mind. Food of the Gods.

The connection? In the DNA.. I think.
I don't know. If I was on shrooms right now I could probably come up with something more profound :smirk:

Wow I said profound three times in this post... totally profound


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: Shroomism]
    #4545515 -

Yeah, a lot of shroomers feel that way... or variations on the theme.

I do shrooms for Spiritual reasons. A connection to the surroundings... and the immagination.

Did man create God or did God create man?


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: Rose]
    #4545527 -

god created man and then we created god? or vica versa
either way it's a give and take


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: Shroomism]
    #4545537 -

Yup a mind fuck indeed.

Man creates God every day. Either by creating bullshit... or just by simply attempting to express anything. If God is the creator, which God believing men would say, then creativity itself is God's image, no?

There is no doubt man creates god.

But did God create man?


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Edited by Rose (08/17/05 04:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: Rose]
    #4545569 -

You'd have to ask God that one :grin:

I will risk taking a stance here and lets say that God did create man 'in his image'.. like the Bible says. This means that we are God.

No, we're not some omnipotent dude in the sky moving universes by sheer willpower..
But do we not move the microcosms of our own universes?
Are not our bodies.. a universe unto itself??

I would agree that creativity itself is God's image.
Every time we use creativity we are using our God powers.

Maybe God created man and implanted him with a memory virus.. so as to have no awareness of there being a god.. so that we may fully come to terms with our Earthly "godliness".. the completeness and perfection that is the potential of every human being. 

Maybe we are all God.. just each a little fragment of God. Like cells. Complete cells, but the sum of the parts equals the whole. Maybe God is everyone combined.. but yet, we are all God at the same time.

Or another analogy: God is the Oak Tree - we are the acorns.
The acorns are a part of the Oak Tree.. they are not the tree itself - but they have the potential to be.
Within that little seed contains all the DNA information necessary to make an infinite number of oak trees. All it has to do is drop from the tree, become one with the earth.. and grow towards the stars. So in this analogy.. there are an infinite potential for oak trees, within one tree. Who's to say that the "God" that created us (assuming God did create us..)... wasn't just another acorn from another Oak Tree at one time? Who's to say that you or I, wont become a God to another universe at some time?

So in this sense I think that God = everything. The oak tree, the seed, the ground it falls on.. all just different manifestations.. different ways to experience.

I think if God did exist.. his name would be Creation. And his perpetual goal would be Evolution. Evolution from wisdom through experience. What better way to get experience than experiencing 6 billion+ different, yet interconnected realities at once? You create something.. and let it evolve from there.

just some thoughts.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: Shroomism]
    #4545583 -

Great post man.

Good night.

:smile:


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: Rose]
    #4545591 -

Gooooooood night! (morning) :laugh:

:mushroom2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: Rose]
    #4545663 -

soft results and soft guidance can get tangled up with entheogen culture(s).

this arena lets those tangles come together without cluttering the details of cultivation, trip reports, FAQs, dosage, and other kinds of support.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: Ravus]
    #4545812 -

Ravus said:
Not that you're even the mod of this forum anyway. :wink:

The spirit falls under the category of spiritual delusions, perhaps the spiritual delusion of all time. There is no spirit or soul, simply the human brain.



Ravus I'm surprised. :shocked: Any good scientist could tell you there are no definitive answers to this question. You have made statement that ends all further exploration. Your subjective statement assumes your knowledge to be the final word on this and that others who claim to have experience contrary to yours are positively wrong. Tisk tisk.  Let me ask you Ravus, if you know this for certain then you must be able to also answer the question were did existence come from? IMO to know anything without doubt you would need to have the answer to this question and every other.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: Rose]
    #4545904 -

Cervantes said:
Is it really worth the drama?



Yes, once every couple of months a heated debate occurs that causes someone to sucuumb to overbearing emotionalism, a flood of moderators from other forums enter, two days later, everyone has forgotten (that is, as long as there still aren't people around that constantly antagonize it) and suddenly there is "all this drama". :lol:

I would think that the amount of bans and locked threads would be somewhat representable of "how much drama" occurs in any given forum.... hhhm... when was the last time someone got banned around here? :smirk: Yeah, we should form a soap opera based on all this emotional shit that goes on in here. All those other forums, complete with beastiality posting, cat fights, threatening to notify policemen, rigging of polls, whoring oneself out at Gatherings, etc. etc. ad infinitum simply can't compare. :grin:

I mean, what do The Pub and mushrooms have to do with each other? My post is clearly sarcastic and I obviously don't think that you are implying that this forum doesn't have a right to be here and that we must prove ourselves, simply that you are attempting to spark introspective replies as to the relationship between mushrooms and philosophy and spirituality, but ja. :grin: This forum will remain, by all rights, long after The Pub or OTD is removed. :smirk:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4545926 -

I need this forum for the free daily psychoanalysis as I can no longer afford my therapist @ $250 per hour twice a week.

Keep the forum - save a Swami.  :heart:


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does The Shroomery need this forum? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4545981 -

What do mushrooms have to do with S&P?


--------------------
Fiddlesticks.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The S&P Forum's music picks v2.0
( 1 2 3 all )
Adamist 5,037 41 07/17/03 01:38 AM
by fuzzhead
* Psychedelics vs. Entheogens silversoul7 2,931 5 10/03/03 12:08 AM
by World Spirit
* Why Hallucinogens? ionic 1,515 16 04/01/02 04:05 PM
by TheLord
* Dennis McKenna to visit Shroomery
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
ShroomismM 7,061 80 11/18/09 09:48 AM
by Middleman
* Shamanism's hallucinogens.. Not meant for us westerners? Dogomush 2,396 14 03/03/03 03:54 AM
by Swami
* The entheogenic experience? Anonymous 523 3 10/28/03 05:42 PM
by Anonymous
* Why do you post in this forum?
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 4,434 49 03/08/04 05:07 PM
by abhi
* Deep Entheogenic Adventurer Discovers...
( 1 2 3 all )
Swami 5,670 46 08/23/03 11:10 PM
by MindTrap

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
8,075 topic views. 0 members, 57 guests and 15 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.049 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.