Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Why do you post in this forum?
    #2388435 - 02/29/04 08:15 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: ]
    #2388464 - 02/29/04 08:37 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

First things first, the primary root of my presence here at the Shroomery comes from lack of things to do.
From there on, it's all about the interest-level of topics to me. If I see a subject being discussed that I feel I have something important to contribute, and nobody else is covering it, then I'll feel more obliged to do so. If I see someone who needs help in making their point more concise and comprehensible, I'll feel more obliged to participate and finish their sentences. And of course, sometimes I'll reply when I'm not quite understanding someone else's point of debate, or to probe a topic of debate for further analysis and understanding. Sometimes I'll reply with a few humorous lines just for the sake of joking around and lighting up the mood, and so on, motherfucker. :wink:

At the moment, the only negative type of responding that I feel I do is when I reply to something or someone soley for asserting my ego.... Not much else I can really think of that isn't more or less the same variation of that particular spirit.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2388517 - 02/29/04 09:08 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Flat out I am addicted to this place.

Reasons change as my personality does. 

First it was my interest in reading.  I read posts here for a good year before I started to actually post.

Then I started to post and enjoyed conveying my thoughts and for the most part getting some really mind blowing replies. I was so impressed with this place, I have stuck here ever since.

my reasons now stem from the fact that I feel there is a community here.  I don't know whether people see me apart of any of it at all, but I feel one exists. Many intelligent people around the world, laughing, arguing, crying, debating, thinking, replying, posting...all because they care enough to.

that's what I like about this place, people care enough to respond.  Even if what I say gets torn apart (and for good reason most of the time!) I enjoy a response because a person actually cared enough to make a response.  sharing ideas is what it's about.

I'll share my ideas if I have an opinion a subject.  the sad thing is that I have opinions for a lot of these topics, but not a lot of well thought out ones. 

I have seen some of the best conversations here, and what's more, I can review what was said 3 months ago, all the words suspended in time.  the internet is fantastic :laugh:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2388542 - 02/29/04 09:28 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2388554 - 02/29/04 09:35 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

lol @ Skorpivo...

I just can't seem to keep my mouth shut. I mean, I can't seem to keep my fingers silent.

I like to talk about things. There's not many people in the world with whom you can have these types of discussions and/or debates.

I like to share what I think. Someone will usually add something or bring a different viewpoint.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2388597 - 02/29/04 10:03 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I like playing cops & robbers

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: castaway]
    #2388610 - 02/29/04 10:11 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know enough people in real life who are willing to even uphold a conversation on these subjects, much less enjoy it...

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #2388668 - 02/29/04 10:50 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JacquesCousteau said:
I don't know enough people in real life who are willing to even uphold a conversation on these subjects, much less enjoy it...

Though I know quite a few people who do... this particular style of discussion (post and reply) is a more precise format. Everything said is written down, which is good for referencing later. Few, if anyone, have memories that can do this in a verbal conversation of equal length.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2388738 - 02/29/04 11:26 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Why do I post here?

I was thinking about that the other day, and I decided that its because I don't get enough intellectual stimulation out of the "real life" friends I have and places I go.

It seems like most of the people I meet in real life tend to shy away from deep conversation, preferring instead to discuss trivial things like he said/ she said bullshit. "Who's going out with who", or "how much money is he making", or "look at my new car". As soon as I start a conversation about the nature of the universe or human nature or politics or even artistic interpretation, all I get is a bunch of blank stares. And I attend a university for cryin out loud!

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of cool, super-intelligent friends in real life, but they tend to be the statistical exception among people I know. They also tend to be the more anti-social people that don't congregate in large groups. Its very rare for me to encounter a collection of such fine minds as the shroomery has to offer in one place at one time, in "real life". 3 or 4 like minds together at one place and time is the best I can do in Dallas.

Other than that, I'm just chillin with the masses, which is OK sometimes- everyone has to have drinkin/clubbing buddies that refrain from discussing matters of depth- but the majority of the people I hang with in real life just cant scratch my intellectual itch.

Even the people here that I disagree with (like sclorch and swami) are far more interesting to talk to than 95% of the people I know in real life. I may not respect their opinions, but they (as people) get more respect than most people I meet in the flesh just for having an opinion on these intellectual issues. Most people dont even want to think about this shit.

but anyway, thats why 90% of my posts are either in S&P or PA&L. I don't post in OTD or the Pub very much because I get enough of that shit from my real life friends.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2388767 - 02/29/04 11:41 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You spoke for me, DoctorJ.

I attend a very "prestigeous" American University, and I can't discuss any of this "deep" conversation with anyone except for you guys and my roommate. Of course, I did get some people to join me debating the religion ordeal. But for the most part, these "intellectuals" who attend the same university as I do also prefer to talk about trivial pursuits rather than any sort of meaningful, in depth topics.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: daba]
    #2388870 - 02/29/04 12:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Pick one:

1. I usually post because there is nothing good on TV, my date stood me up and my stash ran out.  :eyemouth:

2. I enjoy hanging out with my internet friends.

3. I can practice my writing expression.

4. I can practice my stand-up comedy routine.

5. Mostly (reading more than posting) because I find it interesting in seeing how various people view the world and why.

6. And occasionally I can share something of value to another.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinefirstrays
Title? We don'need nosteeenkingtitle!
Male

Loc: TX
    #2388987 - 02/29/04 01:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Top 5 reasons I post in this forum:

5. I like reading thought provoking ideas, or at least seeing someone ELSE start to think about something I've been onto for a while.

4. No one ever refers to DUSTER in here, thank goodness. :wink:

3. I'm not really interested in all of the other forums, because I don't grow myself.

2. It's only among people such as yourselves I can stand among my equals, or learn from masters.

1. It's cheaper than a movie and there's free coffee.

--------------------
Everybody knows you love me baby, everybody knows that you really do. Everybody knows that you've been faithfull, awww, give or take a night or two.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #2388992 - 02/29/04 01:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

A. To acquire new modes of thinking.
B. To raise more questions about the nature of the universe - for my collection.
C. To explore the human mind, and to expand my personal copy.
D. To take the time to write my thoughts down as articulately as I can - I'm not good at expressing ideas without taking the time to consider the wording.
E. (sometimes) To prove I'm not as far out and crazy as I'm led to believe by observing the average schmuck in the street.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: firstrays]
    #2389065 - 02/29/04 02:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

firstrays said:
1. It's cheaper than a movie and there's free coffee.

Jack: It becomes an ADDICTION.

hehehe

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2389087 - 02/29/04 02:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

J, man, you're like my mental equivalent. It's fucked up.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2389140 - 02/29/04 05:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I just like this place. It brings out the best in me sometimes. I'll get an idea, and then work on it so that I can post it here.

Everybody here is funny and smart and for the most part accepting.

Doctor J summed up a lot of my feelings about finding this type of interaction in real life.

I also feel like I'm getting away with something because I belong to a phsckyckadellick community. That always makes me laugh.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2389267 - 02/29/04 07:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ive come to meet a lot of different kinds of people.

Most of all, i come to learn about them, how they interact, and how I interact with diversity. To try and motivate people to do think about things, concerning on how i have come to experience things.

I like sharing my experiences and harships, as i think it helps people bring out those things in themselves. I wouldnt come here if i thought i might not make anyone think.

I like challenging people, and i like to be challenged.

--------------------
What?

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
    #2389583 - 02/29/04 09:11 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I probably shouldn't even be allowed to say anything on this thread 'cause I hardly ever post, but I read everyone else's posts every day, so that counts, right? :tongue:

I like reading everyone's different viewpoints so I can analyze my own beliefs.  I learn something from you guys all the time because someone makes me see things in a way I never thought of before.  A lot of times, someone else posts about something I'm already thinking about, so it's cool to see others are interested in the same stuff.

I do post every now & then when I have something I've been thinking about and want input on.  Who else am I gonna ask for an intelligent opinion?  My dipshit co-workers or parents?  Yeah...sure...

Yuck...no wonder I never post - I'm all stoned & rambling tonight.  :stoned:

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

OfflineQuincunx
whisper
Male User Gallery

Loc: Slovenia
    #2390030 - 03/01/04 01:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I also don't post much in S&P. I came here to The Shroomery primarily to learn more advanced mushroom cultivation techniques. But since i teach yoga for a living i like to read this forum (S&P) also. Very interesting.

Anonymous

#2390339 - 03/01/04 06:21 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2390366 - 03/01/04 06:49 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

How do I go about accessing the first posts of someone with thousands?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2390704 - 03/01/04 09:53 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

For only $29.95 I can send you "Swami on the Shroomery: The Early Years" which covers 1996-2001. Share the quips and insights with your friends and family! :mushroom2:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2391451 - 03/01/04 01:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

why, Why, WHY ???
ummm...
well, i dunno... always been interested in "the big questions" (heh)... certainly since before i needed to shave (& that was sometime during LBJ's white house trip...)
the big questions --- y'know, like:
whence?
whither?
wherefore?
&c

~
but, having been around this spinning ball for a few decades (like mr mushroom :wink: ), i have COME TO THE REALIZATION that, ok, i don't know it all (no, seriously, folks, i am not omniscient, in spite of what you may have heard...)
however... i do seem to know (if that is not too strong a word) a few things...
and it is possible that some of the little that i do know may be, well, transmissible somehow...
so
-.-. --.-
(CQ)
~
(& remembering the lecture where the mendicant prince held up a flower...)
~

~
(& then there was my wordblitz to my sis whilst we were a'drivin' down the highway: "words are like scribbles of ink on paper, wrapped around rocks & tossed at each other; here, sis - have a nice rock!" & then she said "ow! i think i am getting a headache!") 
~
hello
goodbye
hello again
~
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: gnrm23]
    #2391751 - 03/01/04 03:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hey gnrm23:

LSD
NOT
LBJ

Remember he button?

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#2391929 - 03/01/04 04:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hell's Bells man! If it weren't for my Lady who is a veritable gift from GOD - who says that she finds me "fascinating" - there would be no other human beings in the corner of the Bermuda Triangle in which I reside with whom I could even begin to bore with extended, un-asked-for explanations of arcane subjects.

I have never been interested in sports. I am ignorant of politics (to me, it's all the same power-motive filtered through transparent ideologies). I'm not a 'family-man' and have never had a desire for fathering or raising children. I don't gamble at the tracks or drink in bars. I'm not a workaholic. I watch one TV show a week with m'Lady - 'Enterprise.' I haven't used cannabis for many years, except on the rarest of occasions, so there are no longer long listless hours of non-doing. I am not a member of an organized religious congregation.

I have worked as a clinical counselor at middle schools for the past 18 years, (and occasionally do private practice of hypnotherapy). I work 37.5 hours per week, 190 days of the year. Great insight and remarkable clinical skills are not all that necessary to grok the workings of the average 11-14 year old mind, so I have need to express more sophisticated psychological and psychospiritual notions with others, and I have time to do so. Now since the preponderance of our American society is preoccupied with many of the above-mentioned things, and I am not connected with a university with a staff of philosophers, theologians or psychologists, there is literally no one that I've met in years (besides my last Jungian analyst) who has any interest in the things that I AM interested in.

So, while I am always open to learning, I am here primarily to help and to teach. I prefer the S&P because it oftentimes opens out into the Transpersonal domain, and it is the Transpersonal, the Transcendental, around which my life has been centered since my first Psychedelic Experiences over 30 years ago. My lifestyle has been an illustration and an articulation of The Experience which led me through several academic disciplines and degrees and now, decades of life. I am fulfilled for the most part in all domains of life but for the social domain. My Lady and I are on parallel paths, but I have the greater need to reach out and share with others. So here we are. Truth, Light and Peace be unto all of you.

--------------------

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2393335 - 03/02/04 12:24 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Lucky you (for the most part...from my perspective)

I read a draft of a family auto-biography of a US agricultural representitive to Egypt , that I discovered in the attic...and I read an account of a couple circumnavigating the globe, and each narrative contained only the male perspective.

Why didn't the women contribute their own views and chapters?

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2394148 - 03/02/04 06:53 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Hey gnrm23:

LSD
  NOT
  LBJ

Remember he button?

~
heh...
danged hippies...
(& laugh in & those smothers brothers -- wackiness infiltrating impressionable youthful minds via de boobtoob...)(nominating a sow (pigasus) for president as an alternative to humphrey, nixon, & wallace --- 'cause lyndon did bow out, hmmm... now if dick gregory & patrick leighton paulson had run together, we could have laughed all the way to the white house... what a zany era that was...)
~
~
& it's like guru bill sez:
there's a seeker born every minute...
~
& like our bards sang to us:
even a blind man knows when the sun is shinin'
~
:sun:
~
:heartpump:
~
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: Swami]
    #2394732 - 03/02/04 11:10 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
For only $29.95 I can send you "Swami on the Shroomery: The Early Years" which covers 1996-2001. Share the quips and insights with your friends and family! :mushroom2:

"The check's in the mail." :wink:

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#2395622 - 03/02/04 02:52 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It's not about luck, it's about 'following one's bliss,' as mythologist Joseph Campbell put it. I put in my dues for years before I found my niche in life.

My Lady registered here once upon a time, but never actually posted because she just couldn't take late male adolescent mentality that she encountered. (I don't know how she's agonna teach high school like she plans). This is too bad for all of us because a female, INTP, Entheogenic Explorer would be most welcome here.
Sometimes I've posted her input, or let her get on with my screen name. Like the Yin in the Yang - not immediately apparent, but very much part of the whole.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #2395665 - 03/02/04 03:03 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

but never actually posted because she just couldn't take late male adolescent mentality that she encountered.

LMAO
That's so ridiculous. I'll listen to anybody's bullshit...
I don't know about INTP and all that label hoohah, but there is a shortage in the female perspective department.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: Sclorch]
    #2395751 - 03/02/04 03:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well, she's not interested in "bullshit," and has zero tolerance. She WILL discuss philosophy and religion for hours at a time, like we used to at our home with 'enter' (remember him?) before he flaked on us, or with 'flyguy,' (who doesn't much post here anymore) when he flies down here. Life is too short for nonsense.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #2395829 - 03/02/04 03:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Zero tolerance?
Well... maybe she shouldn't post here, then. :frown:

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#2395866 - 03/02/04 03:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Zero tolerance for bulls**t, which she can simply ignore, and respond to what she wants to respond to.

--------------------

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

#2395890 - 03/02/04 03:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

kind of ironic. Life is too short so I'm going to judge and hold myself higher than these adolescence males. No offense though, just my male adolescent gut reaction.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2395898 - 03/02/04 03:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

She can borrow my avatar,

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #2396399 - 03/02/04 06:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hey umm.....:rolleyes: i havent read the replys or the post at that but im going to reply to the title for the hell of it.... Well, i post here because writing is a great way to get shit off your chest and im to lazy to write stupid shit down so i just type em up in here. But at the root of the uncontrolable desire to post here is.. the replys. I either learn something new from every discussion i have here or it just sparks my desire to research something further. We have some pretty intelectual people in here('some..') All with diffrent ideas about the world they live in. And when these minds clash it's a fun explosion of ideas and thats how we further open our minds. It's fun chaos to see people arguee on this forum. This is the longest time ive been posting on a forum. I usually get tired of forums but there is always something to talk about in here because the world keeps changing.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2397308 - 03/03/04 05:39 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

No problem in being adolescent - it's the stage connecting late childhood to early adulthood. The problem is being a 'bulls**t' kind of person which means being a fabricator of false information during a debate in order to appear more knowledgeable, and hence superior or the 'winner.' Another meaning of bulls**t is someone who is an outright liar. Neither of us has ever been 'bulls**t artists' (as if it's an art).

Also, if "higher" means (as it does for Ken Wilber) having a more inclusive or a more comprehensive perspective (like being on a 'high' mountain peak and therefore seeing further in every direction than those with a 'lower' vantage point), then we DO have such a perspective inasmuch as we are twice the age of the average Shroomerite, have experienced life for twice as long, and more importantly, have been doing the kind of exploring that Shroomerites do since before they were born. This isn't bragging, it's stating a fact about how one acquires experience - namely, duration in time. An evaluation is not necessarily a judgement in a perjorative sense. I, for one, would rather have an experienced surgeon address my problem than a surgeon just out of school. If that is a "judgement," to you, than so be it.

--------------------

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

#2397650 - 03/03/04 08:38 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

:thumbup:

I wasn't sure what you meant at first, but I agree with you now that you cleared it up for me.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2398054 - 03/03/04 11:17 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Because I love this forum, and I love the great minds in here... and I love talking about the many deep subjects we contemplate.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #2398244 - 03/03/04 12:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm... okay.  :grin:

Just make sure your mountain peak doesn't turn into an ivory tower. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#2399134 - 03/03/04 03:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Nah...We're not Olympians, nor are we Luciferian in pride. We're actually pretty down-to-Earth. I mean, we discuss things between us at home like I go on about at the Shroomery, but we grocery shop and clean house together. My Lady does most of the food preparation, but I do all the painting and plastering, yard and pool work, basic plumbing and electrical myself, so I'm just as comfortable at The Home Depot as in a post-grad university teaching gig. C.G. Jung lived in a tower (not ivory ) at Bollingen, but he built the thing with his own hands. His work is applicable to real-life too.

--------------------

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #2400121 - 03/03/04 07:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Flat out I am addicted to this place.

Quote:

First things first, the primary root of my presence here at the Shroomery comes from lack of things to do.

Amen

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #2401365 - 03/04/04 03:40 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I don't post too much, particularly. I think this is about my 500th post in 3 years, but for the most part I've only used S&P forum to post within. When I found the Shroomery I was tripping on acid at least every week and having psychedelic experiences I wanted to share. Also, I was reading up on a lot of authors in the psychedelic scene and hoped to have in depth discussion of their works. That never worked well. I still like to check up on the site and post some experiences now and then. That's about it.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #2401375 - 03/04/04 03:49 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

wow, that will be 4 years in 2 more months, it seems. let's see... 4 years ago i was reading . i was a philosophy/psychology major, living in the dorms, had recently dropped 500mcg of LSD, was reading _The Psychedelic Experience_ and Tim Leary's _Exopsychology_ ....

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2403132 - 03/04/04 02:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I post in this forum because it is a nexus of information of sorts.

First off, I find it fun. Intriguingly interesting. I love to have people provoke thought every moment. This is all about thoughts and people out to provoke meaningful, intelligent thought. On a wide spectrum and in a variety of ways, every sentence is full of that person's thought and their motivation to provoke thoughts of the same in others.

It is stimulating. Mentally stimulating, and in a refreshing down-to-Earth way. It pokes the mind all over, acting as the catalyst to an explosion (hehe, I believe someone already used this term, but I will too! hehehe) of flows of thoughts in all directions.

This place fostered my spiritual growth. This place serves as a powerful tool for self reflection and definitely allows one to consider different perspectives. I don't have to consider who I am or who I've been when I'm making these posts, although there IS at least somewhat of a personality that leaks itself through our posts.. wouldn't have it any other way! :grin:

The only challenge I keep in mind when I post is that I have an understanding of the perspectives the rest of you are going to bring into my posts.. who will say what to what, generally. It makes me think more on my own while I'm replying and allows me to really get a handle on my own thoughts...

The community, the ideas, the flows of thoughts and the vantage points and perspectives all interacting and creating this awesome Experience... We are all parts of one entity that is considering ideas, just like we do in our own head. We add and we contribute and we check and balance and we evolve these packages of ideas. We have a symbiotic relationship here with each other, we all give and we all further ourselves for it...

And of course, what we get out of it is what we seek to get out of it and somewhat what we put into it. Etc. etc. etc. This place rules all. :mushroom2:

:nut:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #2403605 - 03/04/04 04:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

>When you see a topic that is either spiritual or philosophical and you reply, why?
-When I post in here it's usually a reply; a rebuttle to something I read that made me slap my forehead.

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #2404190 - 03/04/04 07:44 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I post here (sometimes) because if I say something really stupid but couch it in obscure vernacular while throwing in some references to things I heard on the X-Files, someone may actually think I'm intelligent. That makes me feel good.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2405604 - 03/05/04 02:01 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting, fun, educational & therapeutic for the whole family at a depth previously restricted before the advent of the net. People learning about themselves, each other and their environment thru the interaction of differing perspectives.
A coming together of minds; a progressive experience; and a community service.

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Why do you post in this forum? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #2407197 - 03/08/04 01:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

So, if you don't mind my asking, where are you now?

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #2407635 - 03/08/04 03:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I also got bored at the other forums because I'm a loser with nothing else to do and read everything that interested me in the other forums.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract