Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Hard Rock Recomendations Pt 2
    #4533090 -

Dear friends,

I listened to Incubus, Finger Eleven, and Kyuss, and I loved them. Is there anything else hard rock nowadays besides that pathetic 'punk pop' shit? Thanks for your help.


--------------------
...or something






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hard Rock Recomendations Pt 2 [Re: eve69]
    #4533167 -

Ever listen to tool, alice in chains, blind melon, the mars volta, red hot chilli peppers, sound garden?


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hard Rock Recomendations Pt 2 [Re: barfightlard]
    #4533529 -

GUNZ N ROSS BITCH

I dunno why u mentioned Blnid Melon (hard rock?)

STP (anything but their last album)

At the Drive In

White Stripes

The Hives

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hard Rock Recomendations Pt 2 [Re: BrAiN]
    #4533531 -

Oh I just thought he ment rock.


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hard Rock Recomendations Pt 2 [Re: barfightlard]
    #4533870 -

if you like kyuss, then you should check out Unida and Hermano.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hard Rock Recomendations Pt 2 [Re: barfightlard]
    #4533898 -

bellylard said:
Ever listen to tool, alice in chains, blind melon, the mars volta, red hot chilli peppers, sound garden?




yes, yes, yes, no, yes....

Mars Volta is good? What's their best stuff to start with?


--------------------
...or something






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hard Rock Recomendations Pt 2 [Re: BrAiN]
    #4533903 -

BrAiN said:
GUNZ N ROSS BITCH

I dunno why u mentioned Blnid Melon (hard rock?)

STP (anything but their last album)

At the Drive In

White Stripes

The Hives




GNR - of course - a bit dated.

Isn't At the Drive In kind of Death Metal?

White Stripes I find sort of boring

Hives - I'll give them a listen

STP - love them to death....


--------------------
...or something






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hard Rock Recomendations Pt 2 [Re: gema]
    #4533905 -

gema said:
if you like kyuss, then you should check out Unida and Hermano.



I'll look into them. Thanks


--------------------
...or something






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hard Rock Recomendations Pt 2 [Re: eve69]
    #4534411 -

eve69 said:
BrAiN said:
GUNZ N ROSS BITCH

I dunno why u mentioned Blnid Melon (hard rock?)

STP (anything but their last album)

At the Drive In

White Stripes

The Hives




GNR - of course - a bit dated.

Isn't At the Drive In kind of Death Metal?

White Stripes I find sort of boring

Hives - I'll give them a listen

STP - love them to death....



At the Drive in? Death Metal? Not even close. They're more punk than anything. Half of them formed the Mars Volta.

The Hives... look for their las album with the song "Introduce the Metric System in Time"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: eve69]
    #4535413 -

.

Edited by Yrtlzmo (02/07/13 06:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hard Rock Recomendations Pt 2 [Re: Yrtlzmo]
    #4535547 -

Dredg. "Yatahaze", "Bug Eyes" are good songs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hard Rock Recomendations Pt 2 [Re: bukkake]
    #4536790 -

Orange Goblin - one of the better doom/stoner bands out there. (note: John Garcia of Kyuss sings on their album Coupe de Grace)

Masters of Reality - chris goss, need i say more? :wink:

Monster Magnet - drug rock. stick to older albums: spine of god, superjudge.

Melvins - the best. more albums than you'll ever listen to in a lifetime

oh, and check my audioscrobbler list (sig) for other bands i'm diggin'  :rasta:


--------------------


what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

Edited by ajna (08/15/05 03:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hard Rock Recomendations Pt 2 [Re: ajna]
    #4537173 -

Lightning Bolt :laugh:
dont know if you'll like this band, i cant seem to get over them. maybe its cause their drummer is badass and the music style is original. some may find it repetitive tho. just click on my sig to see a little QT vid of them and if you find that interesting at all buy their album 'Wonderful Rainbow'. and crank that shit :grin:


--------------------
I'll see you down in Guantanamo Bay

Donate spores to FSRC or suffer the consequences!*

Wikipedia

Overgrow has been shut down :sad: check out www.icmag.com if you need MJ info

*consequences may or may not be suffered

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hard Rock Recomendations Pt 2 [Re: eve69]
    #4537239 -

The mars volta is almost like an aquired sound. Just listen to a bunch.


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hard Rock Recomendations Pt 2 [Re: barfightlard]
    #4537748 -

Cool Guys. Thanks for infos. I am checking some stuff out right now thanks to good ole DC++. So far only heard Dredg and think they sound alright. Will report back later. TA


--------------------
...or something






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hard Rock Recomendations Pt 2 [Re: krishnamurti]
    #4540613 -

krishnamurti said:
Lightning Bolt :laugh:
dont know if you'll like this band, i cant seem to get over them. maybe its cause their drummer is badass and the music style is original. some may find it repetitive tho. just click on my sig to see a little QT vid of them and if you find that interesting at all buy their album 'Wonderful Rainbow'. and crank that shit :grin:



i concur! great band. not for everyone, but i dig it


--------------------


what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hard Rock Recomendations Pt 2 [Re: eve69]
    #4540659 -

I like Filter.


--------------------
Every Animal Is Someone 🌱 watchdominion.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hard Rock Recomendations Pt 2 [Re: ivi]
    #4543054 -

STP - They fuckin rock, Im listening to them as we speak actually
Mudvayne - One of the greatest bands to emerge since 2000.
Tool - IMO THE greatest band since Pink Floyd, which is the only band in the world that rivals them at this moment, and imo probly ever will.
Rob Zombie - Very good stuff.
Orgy - Good hard rock
Soundgarden - Great Stuff
Alice N Chains - AWESOME
System of a Down - Another of my all time fav bands
Korn - Early stuff (ie: KORN)
Powerman 5000 - Got some good stuff


--------------------
Our body is light, we are immortal.
Our body is love, we are eternal.
Eternal..

Omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, without judgment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hard Rock Recomendations Pt 2 [Re: eve69]
    #4543237 -

Corrosion of Conformity

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: greatest albums ever...
( 1 2 all )
Alone In The Fire 5,609 24 07/24/01 01:35 AM
by CACA
* The Door's self titled album "The Doors..." knayr0 943 5 02/14/04 12:11 AM
by knayr0
* Blockhead - Music by Cavelight -=[Album Suggestion + DL]=- Alacritas 2,091 6 10/27/04 10:59 AM
by trick
* Album(s) that changed your life
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
silversoul7 14,625 84 12/09/08 03:57 PM
by Grav
* CD recomendations
( 1 2 3 all )
Grav 5,228 45 08/24/03 02:10 PM
by funkymonk
* White Stripes scotsman1 1,027 13 02/06/04 11:30 AM
by Digs
* upbeat/blissful pop/rock songs *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
ricochet 3,200 23 03/14/05 05:08 PM
by blaze2
* Albums that changed the face of music
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
ToTheSummit 8,663 80 07/05/09 08:45 PM
by Thin White Duke

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
952 topic views. 1 members, 2 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.