Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Whitely Streiber letter on UFOlogists and Abduction
    #4517429 - 08/10/05 08:55 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I was waxing nostalgiac for the good old S&P days when Alien threads ran amok. I take responsibility in large part for squashing those comic book ramblings of which SpaceDragon is about the sole remnant. With that in mind, let's go back to those glory days with this ditty:

Tue Feb 23 1993:

I am not a UFO researcher and do not wish to endure the continued media attack that is associated with being involved in this field. In addition, the so-called "UFO-ologists" are probably the cruellest, nastiest and craziest people I have ever encountered. Their interpretation of the visitor experience is rubbish from beginning to end. The "abduction reports" that they generate are not real. They are artifacts of hypnosis and cultural conditioning.

What we are experiencing is a perceptual anomaly that is sufficiently ambiguous and intense that it demands explanation. It is something that human beings have been experiencing for a long time. It is the cause of religion, of mythology, of folklore. Presently it is the cause of the "alien abduction" belief.

What is really behind our experiences? We are. This is a human thing. However, I would also say that it indicates that we - and our world - are vastly different, and far more strange, than we have ever dreamed, or dared imagine.

With that I leave you.

(signed) Whitley Streiber (author of Communion and Transformation)

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Whitely Streiber letter on UFOlogists and Abduction [Re: Swami]
    #4517434 - 08/10/05 08:57 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

When we are sleeping we inhale spores that induce an abduction like experience, only while sleeping though. yep

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4517444 - 08/10/05 09:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

What is really behind our experiences? We are. This is a human thing. However, I would also say that it indicates that we - and our world - are vastly different, and far more strange, than we have ever dreamed, or dared imagine.

I like this.  This is what I believe also. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: Whitely Streiber letter on UFOlogists and Abduction [Re: Icelander]
    #4517473 - 08/10/05 09:16 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The human spiritual mind bubble keeps looking through our physical eyes.
This bubble can be interpreted however. Sure is, it exists. It's the universe inside your head. It's the awakened consciousness of evolution and existence.
It is, what perceives what is and can be worded in hundred ways.
It's the patterns of our brainwave but it's also the whispering of the wind.
It is information and nothing. It is existence and all.
:mushroom2:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Whitely Streiber letter on UFOlogists and Abduction [Re: Icelander]
    #4517486 - 08/10/05 09:20 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

We built a flying saucer without our knowledge?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4517497 - 08/10/05 09:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No flying saucers anywhere to my knowledge? We may have misinterpeted a personal vision though.

Although I did watch Mars Attacks the other night and I'm sure glad we have country music, just in case. :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #4518065 - 08/10/05 12:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Very true.

Apart from the abduction / mythology comparaison.

OK, we agree the abduction phenomena came about recently, right?

So please explain the beliefs from pre UFO era - lets say before 1950 which is when the UFO phenomena became widely known about.  Without of course going back to medieval myths that they have compared this modern phenomena too.

I thinks its absurd to lump this 'something' as the cause of religion and folklore and the rest of it.  The cause of religion appears quite obviously to me - question 'how am I here?' happens to everybody at some point - usual ego answer 'something must of made me'.

Answering with God the almighty as opposed to leaving the question open has been consistantly a natural process of the human mind throughout all cultures.

In my mind, it is clear that the abduction phenomena results from people reporting back what actually happened to them.  Barney and Betty Hill incident and Travis Walton incident suggest I am correct.

Generalisation is a bitch when you want to open the worlds eyes to whats going on under their sheepish noses.

Every single circumstance should be treated individually.  You may have lumped the yeti and the lochness monster in the same catagory.  But without staying open to the posability that anything could be actually real and true, you risk labeling things incorrectly as your mind summises many different things into one subcatagory :shake:

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Whitely Streiber letter on UFOlogists and Abduction [Re: Ego Death]
    #4518075 - 08/10/05 12:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Equally, the highlighted text 'the so-called "UFO-ologists" are probably the cruellest, nastiest and craziest people I have ever encountered' is another case of somebody over-generalising.

Does this guy really believe that all UFO hunters are the same?

I suppose all men are the same too, that classic phrase of society.

Swarmi, WHY DID YOU HIGHLIGHT THIS TEXT?

If you believe that brash labeling to be true then you cannot see that all you are doing is displaying your ignorance to all.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4518744 - 08/10/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
I was waxing nostalgiac for the good old S&P days when Alien threads ran amok. I take responsibility in large part for squashing those comic book ramblings of which SpaceDragon is about the sole remnant. With that in mind, let's go back to those glory days with this ditty:

Tue Feb 23 1993:

I am not a UFO researcher and do not wish to endure the continued media attack that is associated with being involved in this field. In addition, the so-called "UFO-ologists" are probably the cruellest, nastiest and craziest people I have ever encountered. Their interpretation of the visitor experience is rubbish from beginning to end. The "abduction reports" that they generate are not real. They are artifacts of hypnosis and cultural conditioning.

What we are experiencing is a perceptual anomaly that is sufficiently ambiguous and intense that it demands explanation. It is something that human beings have been experiencing for a long time. It is the cause of religion, of mythology, of folklore. Presently it is the cause of the "alien abduction" belief.

With that I leave you.

(signed) Whitley Streiber (author of Communion and Transformation)

your point?

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4519079 - 08/10/05 05:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Whitley Streiber personifies the UFO culture. He scammed thousands of people with a non-fiction UFO account...followed by another. Then when the money is in the bank he writes it off to "personal problems". From my experience that culuture consists of three types...scammers, wannabe scammers, and the gullible.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Whitely Streiber letter on UFOlogists and Abduction [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #4519086 - 08/10/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BlueCoyote said:
The human spiritual mind bubble keeps looking through our physical eyes.
This bubble can be interpreted however. Sure is, it exists. It's the universe inside your head. It's the awakened consciousness of evolution and existence.
It is, what perceives what is and can be worded in hundred ways.
It's the patterns of our brainwave but it's also the whispering of the wind.
It is information and nothing. It is existence and all.
:mushroom2:

:thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract