Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
My Alien Abduction Story.
    #1676410 - 07/01/03 10:28 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This is a tale told to me many times by my father, his brothers and sisters. It involves the youngest of my father's siblings, we'll call her Mary. My father's two younger brothers will be called Rich and Ted. I protect their privacy for their sake.

Mary was about eight years old at the time. Rich and Ted respectively ten and fourteen. Living in a modest home in Stephenville, Newfoundland, the three were playing hide and seek one Sunday evening. Rich covered his eyes and allowed the others to find their hiding places.

There are house rules to this game. Outdoors and the basement are out of bounds. All the doors are locked prior to beginning, the windows latched, so that anyone who had the idea of sneaking outside to play a dupe would be given away by their own actions. After a quickened count to ten, Rich opened his eyes and rummaged around for his siblings.

Ted was found easily, and together the two searched for Mary. They checked the closet, the kitchen cupboards, underneath the sofa, in all of the bedrooms. All of her favorite spots. All of Ted's favorite spots, for that matter. Then they checked again. And again. She was nowhere to be found. Growing worried, Rich and Ted began calling her name, telling her she'd won and that the game was over, to come out from hiding. They checked the locks and latches, all firmly in place.

Ted suggested to Rich that perhaps she'd found a very secluded spot and fallen asleep there. Not feeling a bit relieved, Rich agreed and the two sat silently on the couch waiting for the rest of the family to arrive home with dinner.

After some time, my father "Ben" (then seventeen), his parents, and the eldest sister arrived home. The parents of the household cooked dinner, called everyone to the table and served. Ben asked, "where's Mary?", and received no reply. After some hesitation, Ted brought it forward that the three had been playing hide and seek, and that she was nowhere to be found. He added his hypothesis that she'd fallen asleep in a mystery location.

And so the parents began hunting for their daughter, calling her name and so forth. Among the first places they checked was the place Rich and Ted had themselves checked multiple times, the closet. There she was, eyes wide open, mouth parted in a sort of catatonic state. Her left arm was extended outward at the elbow joint, wrist facing up. Shocked, they shook her. "Mary! Mary!"

And she snapped out of it. "What, what? You found me!" Realizing it was her mother who had found her, she became confused. Four hours had passed since the game of hide and seek. It was decided that the incident was little more than incompetence on the part of Rich and Ted, whom were scolded. They sat down to a now re-heated dinner, when Mary began acting strangely.

First she was complaining about a pain in her tongue that was growing worse and worse. They checked her tongue for her, and discovered a thin scar running down he center. Her wrist, too, had a deeper scar. Then she began drifting in an out, babbling nonsense in langauges very far apart from English.

Later that night in bed, Mary, Rich, and Ted were sleeping. The three shared a bedroom. First noticed by Rich, a bright light appeared, growing brighter until everything in the room was white. Mary, who shared a bed with Rich, whispered to him to be silent and unafraid. Rich glanced over to Ted and saw that he was screaming, pulling into the corner. Rich could only hear his screams faintly, even though he was only a few feet away. Mary closed her eyes and became unresponsive.

After a short while the light vanished as though it had never been there, and Mary's eyes came open calmly. Rich and Ted inquired. Mary told them that she was speaking to "them", that "they" wanted her to come with her to another planet to live out the rest of her life in "their" society. Rich asked who "they" were, to which Mary only shook her head.

All throughout the rest of their youth, peculiar things like this were happening. My father himself experienced the white-washing light, and even tells me of a spacecraft seen through the window rising suddenly into the sky from the field adjacent to their home. Mary's communication with "them" was, and perhaps still is, frequent. She lives in Ontario now, and does not speak on the issue when she is addressed.

All of this of course was a twenty five years ago. I have no first-hand accounts of these stories, as fascinating as that would be for me. I thought this would be found interesting. Hope I raised a few eyebrows!

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: My Alien Abduction Story. [Re: Ped]
    #1676627 - 07/01/03 12:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting.

good post!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: The Doors

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology