Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
I feel a little Schizo
    #4487272 - 08/02/05 10:02 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

This mainly happens at night when I'm laying in bed. The lights will be turned off in my room and the dim moonlight will shine in my room. I will begin to look around in my room and things start to happen to scare me. The shadows in my room start to take shape of evil spirits or shadows of people looking over me. I start to panic and turn on the tv wait a few minutes then turn off the tv, then before you know it i see the scary shapes again and turn on the tv again. The cycle goes on and on until I get to sleep. Also when I close my eyes for a long time and open them real quick a face appears for a instant in the background. Its hard for me to sleep now I was wondering if this is normal?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: I feel a little Schizo [Re: p4kSouL]
    #4487342 - 08/02/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Being Schizo is better than being scrawny.

Are you doing any drugs before this stuff happens? Smoking some Mary Jane maybe?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4487454 - 08/02/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I guarantee you it's more normal then you think. 

You shouldn't concern yourself with the mental states of others, or worry if yours measures up to "normal" standards.  There's really no such thing.  :tongue: 

If you see your spirits as "evil", they WILL be evil.  I see mine as teachers, even the less-then-savory ones. 

Why are these "shapes" and the "face" you see evil?  Are they TRULY sinister or are you just projecting your own fear into a 'physical' manifestation?  This isn't a quiz, there is no right or wrong answer, just think about it objectively. 

You were also in the dark.  If you trip in the dark, your mind will create stuff for you to look at.  Naturally, it can happen while sober too, usually a product of overactive imaginations rather then mental illness.   

Now, if seeing shit continues and you find these occurances uncomfortable and disturbing and want them to stop, then maybe you should think about finding a therapist to tell him about this.  The therapist can recommend what you can do from there. 

The other option (the road I take) is to make contact with what you identify as a "spirit." The more you try to ignore them and freak out about them, the larger their influence will grow over you.  The trick to dealing with sober hallucinations and imagery is to realize that they are harmless and try to view them as "interesting" rather then "terrifying."  There is no need to fear those shapes in your room, or the face.  They are what they are, projections of YOU and whatever you percieve them as.  If you choose to think of them as spirits then you are 'adding' to their existence in your head.  At that point you can either embrace what you see and claim it as part of you (communicating with your imagination (spirits) is a good way to do this) or you can chose to react in fear, and build up their power over you in a negative way. 

It's really as simple as deciding to view those shapes and faces in a positive or negative way.

Now, as I said, if you truly feel seeing shit is a problem for you, if you fear that you REALLY DO have a mental illness, then don't live with it, seek help. 

Nobody deserves to live in fear.  :heart:

I don't know, if I were you I'd consider myself pretty lucky.  I've started to view my "spirits" as old friends.  :wink:

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
    #4487475 - 08/02/05 10:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

not for me, although i can make myself hallucinate by 'mediating' which basically means im half asleep but ive never had anything like your talkin bout, what types of drugs have u done i might wana stay away from those (no im just kidding)

but im with EllemyshShade on this one, its probably an overactive imagination, just try to learn to enjoy it and perhaps even begin to control it, try your best to enjoy it even if it seems horrid at first, because usually perception makes you feel good or bad, not that these things are bad

:laugh: but shes right, dont worry as much about what is normal, from what ive found normal isnt very 'normal' i find most of the so called normal people to be disguisting

remember,  "but mom everyone else does it", 'well thast no excuse'
then you start thinking differently and all the sudden "your crazy because you have different thoughts than the rest of us and your going to a therapist"

you live in your own brain, try to enjoy it as much as you can, perhaps what you are talking about is a gift, who is to say

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Edited by SerioOria (08/02/05 10:39 PM)

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4487802 - 08/02/05 11:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

As Elle said, it's more common than you may think. Now, if you saw stuff like that with the lights on, you'd have something to worry about....

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: I feel a little Schizo [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4488107 - 08/03/05 12:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm pretty drug free, I quit doing mushrooms, weed, everything els besides alcohol. The last time I drank was about a month ago. I don't see this shit with the lights or tv on because I feel safe. Ive always had fears of the dark since I was a little kid about like monsters, aliens, murderers, BUT ESPECIALLY GHOST AND SPIRITS, mainly because you cant see them and the thought of them watching over you and taking over your body. I'm scared right now, its night, I keep looking behind my shoulder and every once in a while I will think I see something there but its not. Thanks everyone for the advice so far, I think I mite be projecting my greatest fears to reality. It seems like Ive been scared of things my whole life, I don't know why but everything seems so scary. Maybe it was my mother? My mother used to scream at me all the time as a child.

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #4488130 - 08/03/05 12:31 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

cool down buddy.
i think everythings ok
:heart:

--------------------
lucidal expansion

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4488156 - 08/03/05 12:37 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Why did your mother scream at you, if you don't mind me asking?

Did you grow up with corrosive parents?  It's sadly quite common.  I have that sort of history with mine also.  A "corrosive parent" is someone who wears down their child instead of building them up, often in cruel and demeaning ways.  There are more forms of abuse then just one.  Many children suffer verbal abuse from parents who don't recognize the damage they are causing. It's never a good idea to put the "blame" for our adult problems on our parents (removes personal responsiblity) but let's face it; we wouldn't be who we are without them. 

Where do you think your fear of ghosts and spirits stem from?  What was the catalyst that sparked this lifetime fear? 

Maybe you should start sleeping with the light on.  If it's impossible to sleep with a light shining down on you, try a sleeping mask.  At least then you'll have the comfort of knowing you're in the light.  :sun: (which you said helps you feel safe)

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #4488759 - 08/03/05 06:52 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Many things in life can make us question our sanity. If you were going schizo, you wouldn't know it until you were full-blown schizophrenic and you still wouldn't be able to find the line between reality and nonreality.

Don't let others influence your views on reality. Everyone's perceptions differ. As for seeing things in the night, it is your brain's primary function to make sense of chaos. Any person can stare at a tiled ceiling and eventually see a scene play out. Your brain does this so it knows when to tell your body to act on instinct.

Also, you wouldn't be sleeping. Growing older and coming into schizophrenia is not a gradual thing. Usually, people have a psychotic break and that's it.

You can have something similar to a break and bug out about it, but IMO there's no need to.

If you start having thoughts about hurting yourself or others, or thoughts that are alien to you, then I would seek professional help. The fact you are able to reach out to others with your problem indicates that it's not as bad as you may think it is.

Psychotic breaks are also pretty serious. You'd know if you went over the edge. Second guessing yourself is a surefire way to become a permanent nail-biter.

Take care, you sound alrite,

Chris

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: I feel a little Schizo [Re: Adden]
    #4488763 - 08/03/05 06:58 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

s2dope said:
Second guessing yourself is a surefire way to become a permanent nail-biter.

What a great line...and so true.

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: I feel a little Schizo [Re: MOTH]
    #4490688 - 08/03/05 03:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think you should face your fears, rather than avoiding them. Turn the TV and lights off. Go to sleep in the dark.

Everybody is afraid of certain things. When I get afraid of stuff, I just tell myself to not be afraid because it's all in my head. The last time I was afraid, I was swimming far out in the ocean late at night in pitch dark waters. I thought of all the animals that could be in the water; sharks and such. It made me scared for a moment. Then I told myself to stop worrying and kept on swimming, even though part of me was still afraid. After a while, I didn't care anymore.

I also like to play with my fear of heights. =) Being afraid is kind of fun if you look at it from an outside perspective. Just use logic and reason to overcome the situation.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

InvisibleFreedomFight
Strange

Re: I feel a little Schizo [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #4491931 - 08/03/05 08:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Anxiety sucks. I would have to go with 'face your fears' and 'its all in your head.' One will rarely get over a fear while hiding from it.

--------------------
I do not grow anything illegal.
I do not sell anything.
I am, however, a very curious individual.
I also try to be helpful.

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: I feel a little Schizo [Re: FreedomFight]
    #4492359 - 08/03/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

EVERYTHING IS in your head. The world is your construction.

We are all unique and we all see the world differently. That's what makes life interesting.

--------------------

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: I feel a little Schizo [Re: MOTH]
    #4496277 - 08/04/05 06:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Why did your mother scream at you, if you don't mind me asking?

Did you grow up with corrosive parents?  It's sadly quite common.  I have that sort of history with mine also.  A "corrosive parent" is someone who wears down their child instead of building them up, often in cruel and demeaning ways.  There are more forms of abuse then just one.  Many children suffer verbal abuse from parents who don't recognize the damage they are causing. It's never a good idea to put the "blame" for our adult problems on our parents (removes personal responsiblity) but let's face it; we wouldn't be who we are without them. 

Where do you think your fear of ghosts and spirits stem from?  What was the catalyst that sparked this lifetime fear? 

Maybe you should start sleeping with the light on.  If it's impossible to sleep with a light shining down on you, try a sleeping mask.  At least then you'll have the comfort of knowing you're in the light.  :sun: (which you said helps you feel safe)

My mother screemed at me because that was "her only way" to disipline me as she says. When I was little she used to hit me with a belt and when I became in the teens she would screem really threatning consiquences and basicly 95 percent of the time she would scream at me about something stupid.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4497414 - 08/04/05 10:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I see visuals all the time pretty much.  At one point after doing mushrooms too often reality wore a little thin for a while and thought i was going insane.  But nahhh i feel as great as ever now :smile:.  I think i always kind of had the minor visuals but after tripping quite a bit i just notice them more.  If im not high most of my visual disturbances are on white walls, certain carpet, blue sky.  I get lots of chainlink patterns and different stuff i always notice and it is worse out of my perifeal vision.  It doesnt effect me in any real way tho.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds