Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleichbinkiffer
...like amo'fuckie

sometimes i feel alone...
    #3079089 - 09/01/04 08:10 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i have a fair number of friends here at college. none of them are really great friends except for 1 guy a year older than me and a few who have already graduated. but i can hang around with them, no problem, and we get along well. however, there are times here where i just feel completely isolated from everyone else and i hate it. it's almost like being too high, when you are completely worthless socially...except i don't smoke any more. i can do well one on one or in smaller groups but especially in larger groups, i'm very shy. even more so when i don't know people very well. i just feel like i don't have anything to say to anyone and if i do try to say something half the time it's just ignored or i feel stupid/awkward afterward or feel like i can't add anything to the conversation more often than not. also a lot of the time i feel like the people my friends and i sit with at meals or hang around with aren't that interesting and i don't have much incentive to get to know them; they're all just bland, generic, pseudo-liberal, liberal arts college students with nothing original to say. my best friends at school have all either graduated or are seniors (i'm a junior) but they all seem to be much more interesting individuals whose attention i really seek out as opposed to these boring younger kids coming up. my older friends agree that the younger kids are almost all completely uninteresting.

sometimes i really just don't know what to do with myself here. i guess i have to branch out some away from my current group...get involved with the tennis team more, maybe try to meet some nice girl (much easier said than done here!!)...i dunno. i guess i'm just not loud and boring and simple-minded enough to fit in; i think too much or something. fuckin aye.

Edited by ichbinkiffer (09/01/04 08:11 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLeViTY
I missed theark.

Loc: CA
Re: sometimes i feel alone... [Re: ichbinkiffer]
    #3080551 - 09/02/04 01:33 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

A friend of mine had the same problem where he just felt like he had nothing to add to any friendship or conversation. He spoke to me about it all the time, so I know where you're coming from.

I think your problem might be the fact that you seem to think you're very different from everyone else. You aren't "loud or boring." Try to find things that make you and these loud/boring people SIMILAR, things that you have in common...interests that you share. That way, you can feel less isolated and start thinking about what makes you similar to these people. When you feel like you have things in common with someone, it's easier to talk to them.

OfflineMad_Buhdda_Abuser
    #3083678 - 09/02/04 06:17 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Its the after affect of weed, it leaves you paranoid in a big group and you tend to go into deep thought on ur own. Advice for you would have to be to stay in the real world and listen intently even if its not interesting. People like an overall shy person, but a person should speak when he needs too. I know its kind of bad advice but maybe you should drink a little in social situations and you'll loosen up nicely. Have Confidence!!!! Everyone loves that shit!!! Peace

OfflineTyger
PeAcE

Loc: My house (Canada)
    #3085440 - 09/03/04 02:05 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Who cares what anyone thinks of you. Saying something dumb is sometimes better than not saying anything at all.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being