Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblehankydanky2k
think I've gone schizo
    #3420096 - 11/28/04 08:02 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

How do I know I'm not god and I'm not making all of you up as I live? Whenever I trip I feel like I can become anything around me, like I am god. How do I know all of you are alive at the same time as me? Shit. This is so heavy. Please, somebody tell me something that makes me believe in reality again. I am tired of the same old "this is all you have" talk.

--------------------
The above post is fictitous, and any coincedence between it and real people, places, or events is unintentional.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: think I've gone schizo [Re: hankydanky2k]
    #3420294 - 11/28/04 08:50 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Well, based on what you just wrote:

Quote:

How do I know I'm not god and I'm not making all of you up as I live? 

I can tell you I've wondered the exact same thing.  And as far as I know, I'm not schizo.  I have to say good for you for wondering about these things.  Our society makes it seem like anyone who asks serious questions like that is crazy, but this is a lie.  You might not be crazy.  You might just be wondering what-the-fuck is up with existence.  I know I think about it all the time. 

The thing is, we don't know.  All we have is one another.  No matter if any of us is a God-hallucination or not, it is important that we find solace in one another. 

But wondering if you're God is a very isolating (and sometimes scary) thought.  What helps me, is to realize that I am a universe unto myself, as is everyone else.  Each of us are little universes walking around, experiencing life differently. 

I will end this by saying that I can relate to how you are thinking/feeling.  I've been there.  Just remember to keep yourself grounded in the good things of life.  Stop worrying and just live as best as you can.  :heart:

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: think I've gone schizo [Re: MOTH]
    #3420331 - 11/28/04 08:59 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Schizophrenia how many of you got it?

How many people can say they are phycotic.

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3420372 - 11/28/04 09:05 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You know I have felt exactly the same at times and it REALLY sucked.

There are two ways you can look at it: No.1 you are putting to much weight on experience and not enough on deductive reasoning. Your body has a nervous system and a brain. You as the source of consciousness experience these two as your reality, so in a sense reality is in your head, but it also isn't. Your senses do operate to register phenomena, you can't just make them up. Because what you directly experience is your own mind it can be easy to assume that you are God, but only in your mind. Really, this requires faith, but it is also supported by reason.

The second problem is that when you think of yourself as God you are still projecting an ego perception onto reality. There is no 'YOU' to be God. YOU are not creating all of this because simply there is no YOU. Now, don't make the mistake of becomming a nihilist and thinking that you don't exist in any way, you do, but the conceptual sense of identity YOU does not. It's only a thought.

Now if you get into so advanced philosophy you start to realize that reality is completely interdependent. Nothing exists on it's own and by it's own nature. So both you and reality are not independent at all. You are connected to everyone and everything as one. Reality is also not independent, it is permeable, but it is still real. Just like reality changes you, you also change reality.

The bottom line is: you are not your sense of identity and you are not god. Rather you are one with an infinite and interconnected god mind.  You don't make up reality by yourself, reality makes you up, and you in turn help make it.

What does this mean? That your dillema is false, that reality is real, but that you also are one with everything. By forcing your sense of self onto the oneness you create a very small and finite unverse for yourself. If you take away the 'I' completely you take away the boundaries and the isolation.

To add one thing: Yes, I may be you, but you are also me. :wink: I'm not a figment of YOUR imagination. Maybe we both are created by OUR dream together.:heart:

hope that helps. 

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Edited by Divided_Sky (11/28/04 09:45 PM)

OfflineNosferatuMan
Stranger
    #3421397 - 11/29/04 12:14 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

hankydanky2k said:
How do I know I'm not god and I'm not making all of you up as I live? Whenever I trip I feel like I can become anything around me, like I am god. How do I know all of you are alive at the same time as me? Shit. This is so heavy. Please, somebody tell me something that makes me believe in reality again. I am tired of the same old "this is all you have" talk.

You probaly would be if you wern't on drugs when you thought that.

OfflineScrewjack
The InvisibleMan

Loc: Underground
    #3421492 - 11/29/04 12:34 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I think anyone who's ever taken a psychedelic drug has questioned the nature of their reality. I've never been able to understand the big deal about death, if it's inevitable anyways, and I started thinking the reason everyone made a big deal about staying alive was to give me the impression that there was meaning to life so I wouldn't die, because if I did then they would no longer exist. I had it in my head that everything only existed in my mind because my consciousness was the only one I could ever be certain of, and if I died everything would cease to exist. I came to the conclusion, that this is a very unhealthy way of viewing your existence, and it gets you nowhere.
In regards to you saying you feel like God when you're tripping, I usually feel the opposite when I trip. I feel connected to everyone and I see how everyone exists the same way I do. I suggest if you continue to feel like God while you trip you should take a break from tripping. Talk to people, take notice of the ways they are like you, get a solid grip on "reality" and start to feel connected to things. I'm not a doctor, but i can confidently say you're more than likely not schizophrenic, however if you continue to dwell on the thoughts you mentioned you probably will go insane. Same goes for dwelling on any question that doesnt have an answer.

All the best

Edited by Screwjack (06/08/05 10:11 PM)

InvisibleLeastResistance
Camp Pink Onion
Male

Loc: Dairyland
Re: think I've gone schizo [Re: Screwjack]
    #3421609 - 11/29/04 01:15 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

FINALLY, you are god, its about time you realized this, thank you for stepping up and taking a new approach to spritual responsibilty. oh and I am dead serious

--------------------
"Weaving Spiders Come Not Here"

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: think I've gone schizo [Re: LeastResistance]
    #3423231 - 11/29/04 03:59 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

""How do I know I'm not god and I'm not making all of you up as I live? Whenever I trip I feel like I can become anything around me, like I am god. How do I know all of you are alive at the same time as me? Shit. This is so heavy. Please, somebody tell me something that makes me believe in reality again. I am tired of the same old "this is all you have" talk. ""

what would it matter?

we are no where?
we are now here? :laugh:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: think I've gone schizo [Re: Gomp]
    #3427388 - 11/30/04 12:53 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

screw the thorazine; ingest 250 mg niacinamide 4x/day with meals & re-interface w/concensus reality for a while...

~

it's like the next-to-last scene (v. michael smith, in heaven, back to work) in heinlein's SIASL:

"thou art god"

"thou art god too; but who isn't?"

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineFlameBait9000
Stranger
    #3428292 - 11/30/04 05:07 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Whoo been there.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being