Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
GPS Tracking for Sex Offenders
    #4473839 -

I just read this article about how some states are moving to track sex offenders released from jail with GPS technology. Normally I'm pretty pissed by any invasion of privacy/tracking but I think this is an idea I'd have to wholeheartedly support. Sex offenders tend to have the highest repeat rate of any type of criminal..meaning a rapist/molestor is extremely likely to repeat their crime a second time.

It always kills me when I read about a kid disappearing and in the end the person raped and murdered him/her is some convicted sex offender, often times on multiple counts.


"A law that requires that everyone who has committed a crime against a young child should be subject to lifetime locator technology is simply foolish," La Fond said.



I believe that's quite true - lifetime sentencing to this kind of tracking seems ridiculous. But it seems to me that punishment and therapy have to go hand in hand...these people should be forced to go to state-sponsored (and actually decent) therapy and be subject to a review panel to see if they're someone who is fit to live their lives without being a menace to children..


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GPS Tracking for Sex Offenders [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4473841 -

Just make it so once they pass an INTENSE review board, they get the chip removed. Permanent until proven unnecessary.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GPS Tracking for Sex Offenders [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4473842 -

wow,that's pretty fucked up....


although they do deserve it,i just hope it doesn't become "mainstream"as in everybody will get one.....


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GPS Tracking for Sex Offenders [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4473847 -

To me there's just nothing worse than sex crimes committed against children. I think I'd likely bludgeon someone if I had a kid and they violated them in someway.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GPS Tracking for Sex Offenders [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4473853 -

yea,i would too....


but can't you just imagine,tham trying to just "carry-on" that to all people....that i wouldnt wan't....


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GPS Tracking for Sex Offenders [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4473857 -

Eh...I can't let myself get too paranoid about things like that. Makes you too crazy.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GPS Tracking for Sex Offenders [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4473875 -

Indeed it does. It'll never be mainstream, don't freak out. Not you robot. Captain.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GPS Tracking for Sex Offenders [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4473882 -

I think anyone that can commit something as horrible as child molestation they should be tracked for life. I grew up around a child molester but my parents were great and didn't let me get the chance to become one of his victims. Looking back he was very scary. Lots of times these people would sexually assault anyone but it's just easier to do it to children but there are always ones that are just attracted to children and cannot control themselves. IMO both are dangerous and should be watched.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Sex toys go mainstream (Walmart)
( 1 2 all )
motamanM 6,564 20 09/24/05 03:40 PM
by Worldbridger
* registered sex offender
( 1 2 all )
Phychotron 4,184 32 08/17/04 02:37 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* i would rather masturbate than have sex
( 1 2 3 4 all )
tak 15,951 75 08/07/09 12:58 PM
by Razzl3Frazzl3
* pumpkin sex
( 1 2 3 all )
BLAST_420 5,637 52 10/20/09 10:33 PM
by tyrannicalrex
* I just bought a GPS
( 1 2 all )
Jim 2,236 28 02/19/05 12:23 PM
by LouisSkolnick
* Something to offend you ! Manic Monday Jokes! tripndicular 1,246 1 02/07/05 11:49 AM
by pinkfloydms
* just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL
( 1 2 3 all )
stefan 6,844 55 04/19/06 10:23 AM
by kaniz
* France awaits biggest child sex abuse case in its legal history. Bi0TeK 763 2 07/26/05 10:38 PM
by Bi0TeK

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
900 topic views. 5 members, 8 guests and 205 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.